• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

Not an uncommon or especially mean spirited opinion if you ask me.

Can't expect everyone to throw themselves completely behind a cause. and I don't think she's actively harming said cause, either.

Nah, her apologetics for the Michelle Obama ape comments show that she's just another nublack idiot. I would say those idiots are harming the cause quite a bit.

If you don't mind my asking, have you requested a hardship deferral? I didn't pay a dime after my first year out of school, and then before I started making a decent salary, I set up a low monthly payment plan. What kind of profession are you trying to get into?

I believe I can't do that until those six months are over. I want to run the best damn game publishing company .

That can't work can it? What if they want evidence of that experience?

How do you all deal with racial anger? I find that I'm rarely angry about things unless I feel slighted because of a possible racial component. It's very hard to control, because I always have to remind myself that my white friends aren't the ones responsible, that they're individuals, but it becomes very confusing real quick. I often swing from anger to jealousy and disappear for a day or two. I talked to a friend about this, but she just didn't get it. It's hard when the people who hurt you are the "people" around you, so I just isolate myself from society at times.

RedSwirl

God damnit. I just found out some bullshit about the good hair genes in my family.

See, we're pretty sure there's some Cherokee somewhere on my dad's side. I think I'm 1/8th. My grandmother had good hair. She could basically curl lit like white/asian people. Now I find out my dad retained enough of those genes to be able to wash his hair daily. With shampoo.

Motherfucker, if I wash my hair more than twice a week that shit will turn white and dry as ash. That's including the oil I still have to put in it every day.

Adriane23

Neo Member
I believe I can't do that until those six months are over. I want to run the best damn game publishing company .

That can't work can it? What if they want evidence of that experience?

Oh that's right. Well, once you get through the 6 month grace period, or get towards the end of it, request a deferral. That way, your credit score doesn't get shot to Hell.

Running a publishing company sounds like your end goal, and probably won't be something you can do solo. What's your ideal job in the interim? You might want to look at some temp agencies in your area if you haven't already to gain some work experience.

royalan

People are doing the most on poor Raven Symone.

Yeah, she's got diarrhea of the mouth right now, but I can't hate too much on a woman who spent so much of her career wanting to be a positive role model for young black girls.

Slayven

People are doing the most on poor Raven Symone.

Yeah, she's got diarrhea of the mouth right now, but I can't hate too much on a woman who spent so much of her career wanting to be a positive role model for young black girls.

We are all Cheetah Girls

CBIm1SpU0AAU612.jpg

Oh that's right. Well, once you get through the 6 month grace period, or get towards the end of it, request a deferral. That way, your credit score doesn't get shot to Hell.

Running a publishing company sounds like your end goal, and probably won't be something you can do solo. What's your ideal job in the interim? You might want to look at some temp agencies in your area if you haven't already to gain some work experience.

I just got laid off from that temp agency job today. The plan was to get my name known in tv or or in books first before I go into a game studio.

Actually now that I think about it, it worked for Christina Applegate in that movie.

Trey

How is Bloodborne already on its second OT when Bishoptl just made the thread two days ago? Did people blow it up to 400 pages that fast?

It's the kind of game that drives discussion, but it'll taper off significantly when people get through their first playthroughs.

This is not even the fastest a game has gone through OTs, either. Destiny was something else.

Slayven

On the subject, I never understood how "멋쟁이" ever got translated to "Hip-hop".

YG Family proved one thing. EVERYONE wants to be black.

Everyone in Asian music wants to be 1990s black.

Maybe you can explain something to me. Why is Kpop songs all sunshine and lollipops but the girls are dropping it low.and shit?

This album is wack, too much pop for my tastes. Derivative shit.

Everyone in Asian music wants to be 1990s black.

Maybe you can explain something to me. Why is Kpop songs all sunshine and lollipops but the girls are dropping it low.and shit?

Because actually singing about being sexually free for females is frowned upon. Imagine the shit Nicki gets up ramped up 800x. Dancing on the other hand is just...dancing it doesn't "mean anything".

I couldn't tell if it was a very effeminate dude or female at first....I'm lying, I STILL can't tell.

In other news, I've had KT Tunstall's "Hold On" playin while I work. Song is mad underrated in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom