• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

CBIm1SpU0AAU612.jpg

SCUST

ReiGun

It's fun if you like turned based combat. It's kinda difficult at first and a bit of bad rng can get your character(s) killed. It gets easier when you level up your weapon, armor, and abilities.

Fucking love the game. LOVE.IT
Oh shit, turn based? I'm in there. Thanks.

So I'm finally getting around to listen to that new Kendrick...

...This shit is next level.
I really dig it.

"u" is a powerful song...that I will likely not listen to again for a long time.

I mean the girl is eatin that shit like it's ice cream, like that shit is peanut butter. Like yo she eatin that shit by itself. Look at her son, she doesn't have a care in the world B. Like she rolled out of bed with J.Cole playin grabbed a jar of Mayo and walked out the door into suburbia fam. She probably bumpin Vanessa Carlton and shit makin her way downtown. Like she has more confidence in herself than all of Dating-GAF yo. She eatin that shit on the bus like she's the only girl in the world on some Rihanna shit. Like it's normal to be guzzlin down mayo with a spoon and shit. Like YALL the muthafuckas who are weird for NOT eatin mayo.

royalan

Oh shit, turn based? I'm in there. Thanks.

I really dig it.

"u" is a powerful song...that I will likely not listen to again for a long time.

This album is a little bit Prince, a little bit Bootsy Collins, and a little bit Dungeon Family. I'm surprised at how much I'm liking it.

Booshka

Mayonnaise, Ranch dressing, Sour cream, those three are my enemy, I hate all of em'. Gross me out.

If your bread and ingredients are good enough, you don't need mayonnaise, dry bread? Get better bread. Oily egg and fat juice is just there to mask your mediocre sandwich, make a better sandwich and skip the mayonnaise.

Oil and Vinaigrette for salads instead of Ranch garbage.

Sour Cream has only ruined every dish it has ever garnished.

Although I will admit Sour Cream as a mixing ingredient for Mashed Potatoes is some high level tech.

Merc_

Jesus, why is everyone on gaming side being such babies about the Zelda U delay? It's not as if they cancelled the damn game. It's still going to come out on the Wii U seeing as we don't have any clue at all about the NX and there is no way it's releasing before 2017 at the earliest.

Adriane23

Neo Member
I just got laid off from that temp agency job today. The plan was to get my name known in tv or or in books first before I go into a game studio.

Actually now that I think about it, it worked for Christina Applegate in that movie.

Well shit....that sucks, but I was also in that situation at one point. How long were you at the temp agency? Were you laid off from the actual temp agency or just an assignment? Getting your name known may not be as difficult as it used to be, but the market you're trying to get into isn't entry-level friendly. Have you thought about Youtube instead of TV? And for books, you could try submitting small Op-Eds to sites like IGN. At least then you can build a portfolio.

I love "u", but it instantly makes me feel like shit.

Kendrick really aired himself out on that one. The second half reminds me of a song that The Game had on his first (or second?) album. I damn near want to fight Kendrick for talking shit about Kendrick.

What's good bct,

That mayo pic sickens me, I remember someone once put mayo in my burger, I unlocked a new lvl to my dehumanizing stare that day. I'm actually mad just thinkin about it

Samara

I want to cut my hair in late spring (end of April) . Every black salon I went to for a cut, it's always weaves install and that bull. So can a barber shop do these?

I don't know what to ask for. I don't want a fade in the back. I like touching my baby hair lol. So any help would be great.

injurai

Banned
^ that hair looks amazing.

Why keep the Mayonnaise label? Assuming she washed the jar before putting yogurt in it?

As much as I do like mayo on sandwiches, that picture grosses me too much to believe it's not a gag. Some guy pulled a similar gag and puts pudding in a mayonnaise jar and eats it by the spoonful.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I want to cut my hair in late spring (end of April) . Every black salon I went to for a cut, it's always weaves install and that bull. So can a barber shop do these?

I don't know what to ask for. I don't want a fade in the back. I like touching my baby hair lol. So any help would be great.
The only thing I know about that hair is that it is gorgeous. Good choice. Sorry I can't be more help.

Trey

I'm positive there's a salon or barber that can do that cut. It's just an issue of finding them. Best I can think is to ask people you know with hair like that where they got it done.

Samara

I'm positive there's a salon or barber that can do that cut. It's just an issue of finding them. Best I can think is to ask people you know with hair like that where they got it done.

Yeah, I'll ask around. The best natural salons are in the U.S. The other salons are just for straight hair or how to straighten it.

DominoKid

Any styling like that youll probably have to hook up yourself once the shop does the cut to give you that shape.

Like i do the sponge twists and i have to redo it everyday. Barber gave me a high taper to give it the shape.

Well shit....that sucks, but I was also in that situation at one point. How long were you at the temp agency? Were you laid off from the actual temp agency or just an assignment? Getting your name known may not be as difficult as it used to be, but the market you're trying to get into isn't entry-level friendly. Have you thought about Youtube instead of TV? And for books, you could try submitting small Op-Eds to sites like IGN. At least then you can build a portfolio.

Kendrick really aired himself out on that one. The second half reminds me of a song that The Game had on his first (or second?) album. I damn near want to fight Kendrick for talking shit about Kendrick.

One week and it was the assignment. I never heard of Op-Eds before. I'll try them out. I have been looking for editorial positions though. I thought about Youtube, but I'm not comfortable talking about it.

royalan

You could go to a barber. Any seasoned barber could give you that cut. Still, I'd try to go to a salon. An actual stylist would not only be able to do the cut (and preserve your baby hairs), but they'd also be able to show you how to replicate that style, or style your hair in a similar way more fitting for your hair texture.

Just look for a salon that has a stylist that specializes in natural hair. Lots of those around these days since natural hair is trending again.

jmood88

Mayonnaise, Ranch dressing, Sour cream, those three are my enemy, I hate all of em'. Gross me out.

If your bread and ingredients are good enough, you don't need mayonnaise, dry bread? Get better bread. Oily egg and fat juice is just there to mask your mediocre sandwich, make a better sandwich and skip the mayonnaise.

Oil and Vinaigrette for salads instead of Ranch garbage.

Sour Cream has only ruined every dish it has ever garnished.

My nigga.

Trey

This is the most "barbershop" my shop has been since I've been going. They got a DJ going, niggas standing cuz there ain't enough chairs, both NCAA games on, someone outside on the grill (it's below freezing), someone inside selling dinners, a few transients floating around, a chess game in the corner, and the bootleg DVD/CDs guy setting up shop.

royalan

This is the most "barbershop" my shop has been since I've been going. They got a DJ going, niggas standing cuz there ain't enough chairs, both NCAA games on, someone outside on the grill (it's below freezing), someone inside selling dinners, a few transients floating around, a chess game in the corner, and the bootleg DVD/CDs guy setting up shop.

Does it have the barber giving away mason jars of moonshine his girlfriend made (not real moonshine, just rum she let sit in peaches and other fruits for a long time and then mixed with sweet tea, shit is good) to anybody who spends more than 25 dollars in his chair?

Went with the bae to look at some new cars (she wants a Hyundai Sonata). Hyundai has come a long way.

Nah they actually did a big marketing campaign, just no one cared

That mixed with the Borrowers.

Nah it had a significant marketing push. Just everything about it was pretty forgettable. Just something shitted out for kids.

Interesting, I should get cable...hell I should turn on my TV more apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom