• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This is the most "barbershop" my shop has been since I've been going. They got a DJ going, niggas standing cuz there ain't enough chairs, both NCAA games on, someone outside on the grill (it's below freezing), someone inside selling dinners, a few transients floating around, a chess game in the corner, and the bootleg DVD/CDs guy setting up shop.
Where do you live? I've never been fortunate enough to experience this. I wanna go :(

Shy

Holy shit at that text conversation at the end of the last page, dude went off on a story to make his point.

Where do you live? I've never been fortunate enough to experience this. I wanna go :(

It has to be in a northern state to be that cold today.

What white sitcoms does black gaf watch? I watch plenty of black ones, but my white ones basically down to the following:
Married with Children, That 70's Show, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and if Saved By the Bell counts, that too.

I used to watch Clarissa Explains It All back in the day. Didn't include it because I have not seen it since the 90's.

RBK

Banned
If the Office counts as a sitcom, my favorite TV show ever.

EDIT: Parks and Rec, It's Always Sunny, Arrested Development, and Boy Meets World are some of my other choices.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I love me some pixel art. The subject matter put it over the top for me.

LOmnSlq.jpg

KumaJG

This is the most "barbershop" my shop has been since I've been going. They got a DJ going, niggas standing cuz there ain't enough chairs, both NCAA games on, someone outside on the grill (it's below freezing), someone inside selling dinners, a few transients floating around, a chess game in the corner, and the bootleg DVD/CDs guy setting up shop.

Did a girl with a big booty walk by?

The Inevitable Defeat of Mister a& Pete good y'all.

you in LA??

my homies dad's shop is just like that

Shy

Been playing bloodborne so much I forgot about gaf.
Lol, me too.

I'm finding it a little overwhelming and hard to back in the swing of things to post.
like trying to get back in on a conversation you had to step away from for a few mins.

Adriane23

Neo Member
One week and it was the assignment. I never heard of Op-Eds before. I'll try them out. I have been looking for editorial positions though. I thought about Youtube, but I'm not comfortable talking about it.

Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/wikis/ign-community-central/Writing_Your_First_Blog

Write enough quality material, and IGN will spotlight you. They may even offer you a freelance job, which will open a lot of doors for your writing. Op-Eds stands for Opinion Editorials, which is basically what most editorials are in gaming these days.

Youtube and Twitch are where the gaming industry is going in terms of gaming information, so you may want to reconsider it. I'd say practice reading your own writings in front of a camera, until you feel comfortable enough in putting your work on display. You don't even have to be in front of the camera. You can just record some of your own gameplay and speak over it.

Killzone Shadow Falls is not fun

That should've been on the back of the box. Fuck that game.

Jacir

Killzone Shadow Falls is not fun

It's Killzone breh. What did you expect?

Let me put a grenade in this conversation.

Scattah!!!!!! Grenade!!!!!

I want GG to stop fuckin around or Sony should give them an extra year of Dev time for their games, especially with the Killzone franchise.
I feel like as a huge fan of them they seem to need some type guidance. I despised some of their decisions for KZ3. Not having a server list like KZ/Warhawk greatly diminished the community imo. Story wise, I'm not anti-Rico cuz I like him in the first game. He and the games in general could've have been better written obviously. I honestly enjoy the way the world is presented in the earlier installments including the PSP n vita ones. KZ1 had you play as different characters in the story. In a way it seemed like a role playing fps(without the usual level progression or numbers on screen type of RPG), each with different experiences. I may be giving the franhise too much of a shine but I love the world and the gun mechanics. GG are wizards in the gun department. I want GG to return to that setup and maybe start over not all the way from scratch, but learn and improve upon on what they have done.

I personally want the setup to be like KZ1 with more than one playable character having their own way through the story like like an RPG but make the game story more of an adventure. Also not every character has to have a gun for story progression. Also wouldn't mind if the game was both 1st and 3rd person perspectives.

Idk wat to write more about it now. The franchise has potential that I don't think the main GG team can match. Maybe with GG Cambridge can achieve this. But I'm sticking with this franchise. I'm in this till the end.

Edit- I still don't have a ps4 yet so I can't play shadow fall.

Nakazato

Went to a my gfs cousins wedding last night.

Brehs I have never seen so many mixed kids in my life.

Every kid there was mixed

Every single one.

Bout 9-10 total.

Then I was told that all of them weren't there and there was at least another 5 to 6 that weren't able to make it.

So instead of feeling like I wasn't going to be welcomed. I find that the majority (if not all) of the people there had half black kids. And by that time I knew I wasn't going to be isolated due to skin color.

Just thought I would share.

Neega~chan

Every single one.

Bout 9-10 total.

Then I was told that all of them weren't there and there was at least another 5 to 6 that weren't able to make it.

So instead of feeling like I wasn't going to be welcomed. I find that the majority (if not all) of the people there had half black kids. And by that time I knew I wasn't going to be isolated due to skin color.

How many Pawgs were there?

andthebeatgoeson

Every single one.this

Bout 9-10 total.

Is your gf another race than how you self identify or are identified as?

jmood88

Every single one.

Bout 9-10 total.

Half of my Japanese family is like the United Nations. Every kid is mixed with something (one of my cousins even married a black dude!), so I have a bunch of cousins who range from looking straight up white to a nice toasted almond color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom