• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

That new tekken

NMTg5Xz.png

Numb

I just peeped that thread, they took Bruce da GAWD out for that chick?!?!

No niggas indeed.

Is Raven even in or did he manage to get replaced a college white girl?

No he is not in.
No black girls either. They removed Christie who was half.
Tekken is now black free.

its the assumption because new chick is a kickboxer. People think that *similar character* = not gonna be in this game even though Devil Jin is still in. We don't know shit until its revelaed or something leaks.

Numb

its the assumption because new chick is a kickboxer. People think that *similar character* = not gonna be in this game even though Devil Jin is still in. We don't know shit until its revelaed or something leaks.

And they are all forgetting that he could be a timed release for later or included in the console version.

Bruh... you actin like Tekken doesn't have a history of throwing characters in the bushes when similar characters make debuts or return.

Bruce originally hit the bushes in favor for Brian Fury.
Jin was a glorified Kazuya palette swap, until Kazuya came back.
Kunimitsu hit the bushes after Tekken 2 b/c why have a weaker Yoshimitsu taking up space.
Marshall Law hit the bushes for Forest Law, then he hit the bushes for Marshall Law.
Baek hit the bushes for Hwoarang
Why isn't there a P-Jack anymore, or an Armor King... etc

So is Jin still evil or nah? (No I'm not talkin about Devil Jin specifically. I'm talkin storywise)). Harada should have fucked with Jin fans by adding Kazama style to his Karate style.

Dungeon Fighter for me. Got me damn near being late for work.

Game is that good huh? I might try it out one day. I tried checking out some twitch streams, but like 90% of streamers are so far down the animu/jpop rabbit hole that I just can't tune in for more than 3 minutes before I want to blow my brains out.

Village

So is Jin still evil or nah? (No I'm not talkin about Devil Jin specifically. I'm talkin storywise)). Harada should have fucked with Jin fans by adding Kazama style to his Karate style.

maybe? He was pretty evil, i'm guessing he's on his Tekken 3 i'm not really involved shit right now. The story from what i can tell doesn't seem to involve him that much.

maybe? He was pretty evil, i'm guessing he's on his Tekken 3 i'm not really involved shit right now. The story from what i can tell doesn't seem to involve him that much.

Word. I always laughed how storywise Jin went straight evil and not even because of the devil gene. Like what would really be crazy is a Mishima character who's actually not a power hungry tyrant in the making. Like they introduce a new one and the first thing she/he says is "fuck you mofos have issues! I mean Jin wtf is even your excuse fam?"

Imm0rt4l

Game is that good huh? I might try it out one day. I tried checking out some twitch streams, but like 90% of streamers are so far down the animu/jpop rabbit hole that I just can't tune in for more than 3 minutes before I want to blow my brains out.
Jin isn't a good guy anymore. I just leave it at that.

But fwiw the original trailer for tekken 7 seemed to allude to plot twist: Heihachi was the good guy all along.

Nothing but anti heroes and villains.

He's the CEO/Leader of Mishima Zaibatsu and he's doing evil shit right? That was the end of T6 IIRC no?

But fwiw the original trailer for tekken 7 seemed to allude to plot twist: Heihachi was the good guy all along.

I watched the trailer for said plottwist, I laughed. Not sure if I laughed because of the implication that Heihachi was a good guy, or the VO.

Slayven

Nothing but anti heroes and villains.

Niggas talking about the plot of a fighting game with more than 2 installments?

Village

Word. I always laughed how storywise Jin went straight evil and not even because of the devil gene. Like what would really be crazy is a Mishima character who's actually not a power hungry tyrant in the making. Like they introduce a new one and the first thing she/he says is "fuck you mofos have issues! I mean Jin wtf is even your excuse fam?"

Heihachi tried to murder him, so that i guess

And to be fair kazuya when you look at the story, isn't that power hungry, he just hates hiehachi. Like as soon as he gets the mishima zaibatsu, he does nothing. He just lets the zaibatsu run as usual. Heihachi comes back, he beats him and hangs out with his girl. He just skips tekken 3 , comes back in 4 because a 3rd party wants his power. Takes over that 3rd party and is primarily back to fuck heihachi. It doesn't really seem like he hates jin all that much, if the tekken 6 story is any indication he doesn't like the mishima bullcrap as much as the next guy and warned lars to stay out it.

I guess lars is the charcter you want.

Cat

Storywise, there's no storyline or character profiles out yet. And they might not be out until next year.

Jin still has quotes in his intro/win poses that he had in Tekken 6 though the story seems to be set up like T4 where he's off doing his own thing and will show up for his own ends between Heihachi and Kazuya having their own battle with each other. I'm pretty sure that Kazuya is supposed to be the one running the Mishima Zaibatsu now because of having the long black coat and hints from Harada on Twitter that the Scenario Campaign ending where Jin's body is found in the sand post-credits is the canon one.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

its an addicting mmo beat em up.

Young Magus

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture, with that goddamn 80s style ending song. So good.

Mah Homie.jpg

Heihachi tried to murder him, so that i guess

And to be fair kazuya when you look at the story, isn't that power hungry, he just hates hiehachi. Like as soon as he gets the mishima zaibatsu, he does nothing. He just lets the zaibatsu run as usual. Heihachi comes back, he beats him and hangs out with his girl. He just skips tekken 3 , comes back in 4 because a 3rd party wants his power. Takes over that 3rd party and is primarily back to fuck heihachi. It doesn't really seem like he hates jin all that much, if the tekken 6 story is any indication he doesn't like the mishima bullcrap as much as the next guy and warned lars to stay out it.

I guess lars is the charcter you want.

I thought the zaibatsu was super corrupt when kazuya took over IIRC and wasn't Jin trying to fight something more fucked up in 6?

Cat

I thought the zaibatsu was super corrupt when kazuya took over IIRC and wasn't Jin trying to fight something more fucked up in 6?

T2 Kazuya was corrupt and wanted to set up his own country like what Jin actually went and did. According to a scene in Scenario Campaign, Azazel told Jin as a voice in his head that creating a lot of negative energy would give him physical form. The legend then goes that Azazel, the Rectifier, would destroy the world. Jin followed up to the part of helping Azazel reach physical form but wanted to kill both him and Azazel, thinking it would rid of him his devil gene.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Why are we even talking about T7 when MKX is right around the corner? I'm mad they took my girl Jade out, but if they put Jax and his daughter in the game, it will we be better than nothing.

Village

Mah Homie.jpg

From i understand jin kinda just wanted to kill himself. He summoned a horrible world destroying demon... To try annd kill himself.

Oh also wow hhh

Cat

Armor King came back in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. He left after Tekken 2. In fact, the AK in the games now is actually the original's brother. The first AK was killed by Marduk.

Armor King came back in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. He left after Tekken 2. In fact, the AK in the games now is actually the original's brother. The first AK was killed by Marduk.

Do they ever tell you Armor King's real name? My friends and I called him William Jefferson Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom