• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

CCbVs_CUMAIwK3U.jpg

:p

How is it that the Fresh Prince of Bel Air STILL holds up so well after so many years? A shame Jaden doesn't have an ounce of the charisma his dad has - a new take (similar to that Girl Meets World) might have been interesting

RIP James Avery though :(

Space Dandy was the last original I checked out (along with Kill La Kill, which unfortunately went the fan service route, even if it had "story reasons"). Season 2 in particular was good. Never heard of those other three but I'll look into them.

Shirobako is about a group of college-aged women and their coworkers living through the trails and tribulations of trying to make anime. They throw a lot of names at you at the beginning but pretty much every major character gets their own character arc and time to shine in the sun. Despite working in a totally different field, I was surprised how much I could resonate with some of the concerns characters had and the obstacles they had to overcome in terms of career building and career paths. Like the type of stuff actual, regular adult professionals think about all the time. Ignore the merch though, the show itself is pretty much pure as snow but some of the merch is a bit suspect.

Death Parade takes a behind the scenes look at the afterlife and judgement. I don't want to say too much as I think the first episode gives you a decent idea of what to expect. I will say though while the show is somewhat episodic there is a building narrative/plot thread through the course of the entire show. I can't say the show is subtle (its not) but it can be emotionally powerful.

Gundam Build Fighters
was clearly a show made to sell toys but it has a lot of heart, a good cast and great robot action. Not sure why Sou Da brought up Rinko, they don't do anything sketch with her in the show.

DominoKid

Shirobako is about a group of college-aged women and their coworkers living through the trails and tribulations of trying to make anime. They throw a lot of names at you at the beginning but pretty much every major character gets their own character arc and time to shine in the sun. Despite working in a totally different field, I was surprised how much I could resonate with some of the concerns characters had and the obstacles they had to overcome in terms of career building and career paths. Like the type of stuff actual, regular adult professionals think about all the time. Ignore the merch though, the show itself is pretty much pure as snow but some of the merch is a bit suspect.

YLOjYpCl.png

realest shit i've heard about work life in a while.

CCbVs_CUMAIwK3U.jpg

How is it that the Fresh Prince of Bel Air STILL holds up so well after so many years? A shame Jaden doesn't have an ounce of the charisma his dad has - a new take (similar to that Girl Meets World) might have been interesting

MTV got to be the dumbest network though. They gonna air Fresh Prince during the day on MTV when everyone is at work, but not during it's MTV2 nightly block alongside Martin, Wayans Bros, My Wife and Kids and Jamie Foxx.

I'm just waiting for them to start airing Steve Harvey at night then it's a wrap, I need to hear that "When the Funk Hits the Fan" one more time.

And speaking of MTV...why they gonna drag the girl Tinashe out to the MTV Movie Awards and all she did was say 2 got damn lines during her performance.

I'm late as hell on this since I just got back from work, but he's weak to nearly all PSI attacks aside from Fire and Freeze. Flash, Paralysis, and Brainshock are the ones that work best, just unload everything on him.

Is there a way to keep Poo alive? He seems to be dying for no reason during this battle. Kraken did a Flash and he suddenly died. Transformed into him one time and also died second turn despite not getting hit. Also didn't know transform also gave him the same status as the enemy.

Merc_

CCbVs_CUMAIwK3U.jpg

Heh, I guess we're all just supposed to forget about all the racist shit that went on during Hillary's campaign against Obama.

I'm having a hard time letting that shit slide. Especially with all the shit the cops are doing out in the open now.

Is there a way to keep Poo alive? He seems to be dying for no reason during this battle. Kraken did a Flash and he suddenly died. Transformed into him one time and also died second turn despite not getting hit. Also didn't know transform also gave him the same status as the enemy.

Don't ever use Transform. Its bad and gimmicky, and you lose control over Poo.

Crocodile

Heh, I guess we're all just supposed to forget about all the racist shit that went on during Hillary's campaign against Obama.

I'm having a hard time letting that shit slide. Especially with all the shit the cops are doing out in the open now.

My memory of the 2008 elections are kind of hazy. Remind me of what she did.

Either way, the unfortunate truth is that no matter what shit she pulled, she'll be better than any Republican nominee by default :( Lack of choices suck!

Slayven

My memory of the 2008 elections are kind of hazy. Remind me of what she did.

Either way, the unfortunate truth is that no matter what shit she pulled, she'll be better than any Republican nominee by default :( Lack of choices suck!
I remember that shit, it was the same shit the democrats did in the 2014 election.

just had a thought, how about a show about a black kid growing up in the 90s being a complete otaku, going to cosplays, reading/watching the latest anime/manga, listening to J-rap/pop while proving s/he's still "black"

Netflix exclusive

would yall watch?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
just had a thought, how about a show about a black kid growing up in the 90s being a complete otaku, going to cosplays, reading/watching the latest anime/manga, listening to J-rap/pop while proving s/he's still "black"

Netflix exclusive

would yall watch?

I don't think Thad will be able to star in it

That said I don't want to watch Thad videos ever again. Once me and some buddies were traveling down the rabbit hole and saw him fuck a love pillow. Horrible.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Netflix exclusive

would yall watch?

that sounds like a cool idea.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
YLOjYpCl.png

realest shit i've heard about work life in a while.

Shirobako is the closest media analog you can get to summarize my career in game and software production/project management in terms of the work situations and problems that need addressing and all that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
That was the initial demand, I tried to talk to her down to a less active activity because I'm lazy and I couldn't.

Wut? You are going to have to come with some more details than this, dude. Is this a friend, a ex, or what? Is she unattractive or something? What's really going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom