• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
But...it's Psylocke. A white British supermodel mutant who gets her consciousness transferred into the body of an Asian woman who looks like a ninja and moves like a stripper. Sure, comic fans complain about Heimdall, Johnny Storm, and possibly Spider-Man being black, but get a total hardon at the mention of this yellow fever jackoff fantasy? Fall back nerds, let Singer do his thing. You're going to pay money to see it anyways.

But...it's Psylocke. A white British supermodel mutant who gets her consciousness transferred into the body of an Asian woman who looks like a ninja and moves like a stripper. Sure, comic fans complain about Heimdall, Johnny Storm, and possibly Spider-Man being black, but get a total hardon at the mention of this yellow fever jackoff fantasy? Fall back nerds, let Singer do his thing. You're going to pay money to see it anyways.

THANK YOU!

Kreed

I got a feeling this dude wanted to say mudshark or something similar.

Nah, he was trying to make fun of this post.

Who cares, Psylocke is such a wackass weeaboo/asian fetish catering character.

The whole got a Japanese body, now I'm Japanese...but still act British as fuck...except sometimes I act Japanese because, is simply the worst.

Hopefully in the 3 minutes of screen time she gets she dies a horrible death.

He didn't get that Angelus was making fun of the character and not the character's ethnicity so he went the "Hey, here's a clever idea... I'll respond to a post I think is racist with a racist response against black people! No one's ever done that shit before!!!".

man im trying so hard but Arrow S3 has just been so boring for me, might drop the series. Plus the flashbacks for 3 seasons straight is really grating.

I honestly prefer Flash & Daredevil over it. Havent seen Agent Carter yet but i heard great things about it.

tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Of all the threads Angelus has dodged the hammer, of course it would be a comic book thread that got him.

So anyone else think the new Poltergeist looks awesome or is it just me?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it had to happen, Angelus. I hope you enjoy your rest.

Village

I hate the Punisher. Dude's existence is a stain on the Marvel Universe.

He's the best. He's a guy that shoots with a skull shirt man. Shits hype. And some time he pretends to be other super heroes.

I have simple needs, also if you have stuff like the Greg Rucka stuff. Though there is a way to make the punisher way more interesting, but they would never do it. Because the "machismo" would go away.

He's the best. He's a guy that shoots with a skull shirt man. Shits hype. And some time he pretends to be other super heroes.

I have simple needs, also if you have stuff like the Greg Rucka stuff. Though there is a way to make the punisher way more interesting, but they would never do it. Because the "machismo" would go away.

The Punisher being allowed to operate is a black mark against every hero in New York. Every time they work with him, let him go, whatever, they become complicit in his crimes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Punisher being allowed to operate is a black mark against every hero in New York. Every time they work with him, let him go, whatever, they become complicit in his crimes.

I and others say this all the time. And are met with "he really deals with crime" when all he does is leave power vaccuums in his wake that hes eventually going to have to deal with. I wonder how people dont see that, but blame batman for villains breaking out of arkham.

Village

He shows them pictures of gotham city and they go " NOOOOOPEEEE" and he just walks off.

Seriously though, as i mentioned before while I like the punisher for being a simple dumb concept, do believe there is a way to make him more compelling as character. Make him more.... riddler-ey. No no seriously hear me out here its totally cool

Slayven

I and others say this all the time. And are met with "he really deals with crime" when all he does is leave power vaccuums in his wake that hes eventually going to have to deal with. I wonder how people dont see that, but blame batman for villains breaking out of arkham.

He is only killing the cannon fodder, he should go after the Maggia heads. Like Count Neferia.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Of all the threads Angelus has dodged the hammer, of course it would be a comic book thread that got him.

I saw the trailer over the weekend before Fast 7. It looked just like the original. I guess that is the point, but I hope there are atleast some twists to it. I guess for a younger crowd who doesn't remember the original, it would be fine. But the trailer looked like an exact copy.

i really like rockwell but that looks like a rent. seems like an almost too faithful remake with less of the charm or atmosphere of the original (like fright night)

Village

The Punisher interaction with other marvel characters must've been weird as fuck

Its actually pretty interesting, and a lot of times jovial. And a lot of times psych.psyotic

Not to mention greg rucka again, but i believe he did the run where the avengers go after punisher and arrest him. Wolverine even tells him whats up before they come so he could try and get away, because wolverine is the punisher everyone lets happen. Wolverine, while having a lot more restraint than frank has killed a LOT of people.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I saw the trailer over the weekend before Fast 7. It looked just like the original. I guess that is the point, but I hope there are atleast some twists to it. I guess for a younger crowd who doesn't remember the original, it would be fine. But the trailer looked like an exact copy.

i really like rockwell but that looks like a rent. seems like an almost too faithful remake with less of the charm or atmosphere of the original (like fright night)
I'll admit I never saw the original (I know I know) so that's probably part of why it looked hype to me. I need to see the original but the chick I see horror movies with has been busy lately. None of my other girls will touch anything that looks even remotely scary, which is lame because I love horror movies.

RedSwirl

Huh. If you pay attention even job applications now state "Hispanic" as an ethnicity, separate from "race." Do people even state that these kinds of forms always say "Black, not of Hispanic origin?" The one I'm looking at right now lists Middle Easter people under "white."

Just an observation.

G-Fex

Huh. If you pay attention even job applications now state "Hispanic" as an ethnicity, separate from "race." Do people even state that these kinds of forms always say "Black, not of Hispanic origin?" The one I'm looking at right now lists Middle Easter people under "white."

Just an observation.

What I don't like is this shit that if you select two or more races it says in the bubble (Not hispanic/latino)

Like what the fuck, people can be half-latin half something else.

People will fight tooth and nail to have the ability to wear stupid shirts, lest the fascist uberman come and take their freedoms away, but don't give a shit about black people dying in the streets. I don't even have to link a thread for the last part because there are like four out there.

That's my small, less calm, venting moment of the month. Forgiveness.

Sou Da

I'm not sure what everyone's beef with Punisher is besides Slay's generally awful taste but Rucka's run showed Punisher can operate in the greater Marvel U just fine.

Slayven

People will fight tooth and nail to have the ability to wear stupid shirts, lest the fascist uberman come and take their freedoms away, but don't give a shit about black people dying in the streets. I don't even have to link a thread for the last part because there are like four out there.

That's my small, less calm, venting moment of the month. Forgiveness.

People love fighting for the right to be assholes, while I have no problem with people being assholes. The fact that irks me is that people want immunity from the consequences of being as asshole.

I'm not sure what everyone's beef with Punisher is besides Slay's generally awful taste but Rucka's run showed Punisher can operate in the greater Marvel U just fine.

You go something on your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom