• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Feel free to keep stanning your "actress", but keep her away from my 2nd favorite marvel superheroine.

She can go be Zatanna or something.

See? This is the pressedness I was talking about. Won't watch the video that will prove him wrong because he KNOWS it'll prove him wrong.

Olive Munn keeps y'all HEATED, and I LIIIIIIVVVEEEE.

VypfODM.gif

Yep, this is origin of the Olivia Munn hate (although, I'd say the very beginning of it sparked when she released her book, and there were several incorrect nerd references. That's when I remember the boards at the time starting to talk about her not being a Real Nerd).

Then there was the way she left the show. Which, yeaahhh, she could have been a bit more professional about it. But can you blame her? Anybody with eyes could see how doomed G4 was, so of course you're going to jump ship while you still have prospects.

I missed the book stuff but the David Jaffe Twisted Metal interview at E3 was the point where I remember her hate reaching critical mass. After that Munn hate was extremely prevalent.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Man, between that and the other recent Marvel/DC threads...at least one person's gonna have a meltdown and get banned at this rate.

Though I admit it would be hilarious if MacLaren ends up working on Captain Marvel instead.

last time I checked 3 people have already been banned from that olivia thread.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I swear online dating apps are downright freaking depressing if you are not white. must be freaking awesome being a white gay man since the majority of everyone wants them on every app ever made.

seems everywhere I go everyone just wants to date white guys.

I definitely agree. The three women I've met off of dating sites (one which is my current girlfriend) are all black. it's crazy to think how hard it is for black men to meet chicks online and I got lucky.

jmood88

Man, between that and the other recent Marvel/DC threads...at least one person's gonna have a meltdown and get banned at this rate.

Though I admit it would be hilarious if MacLaren ends up working on Captain Marvel instead.
People would lose their minds if that happened.

RedSwirl

Concerning G4, I mean, Adam Sessler knew what the hell he was talking about (and still does) when he wasn't doing skits. That "Icons" documentary show was good. I watched some of the anime that G4 broadcast. That was good right?

royalan

Concerning G4, I mean, Adam Sessler knew what the hell he was talking about (and still does) when he wasn't doing skits. That "Icons" documentary show was good. I watched some of the anime that G4 broadcast. That was good right?

I think even Morgan Webb knew her shit, gaming-wise. Although, she did get a little bit of the "Is she really a Nerd?" crap that Munn got. Especially after she sexied up her look a bit.

That, and she was over-the-top anti-Wii at a time when that really wasn't popular, although I mostly found that funny.

I sent my friend a "brown skin hand thumbs up" emoticon, but apparently on her phone she got the white thumbs up emoticon with a picture of an alien next to it.

this racism is killing me inside!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Speaking of comics that ant man trailer is whack as fuuuuck. Damn that CGI looks like it came out of 2006.

2006? You mean the year Davy Jones won the VFX Oscar and had most people thinking it was done with prosthetics and not fully CG?

The trailer must be spectacular then, I haven't watched it yet.

People legit pissed that Olivia Munn is playing Psylocke. Shit is hilarious.

2006? You mean the year Davy Jones won the VFX Oscar and had most people thinking it was done with prosthetics and not fully CG?

The trailer must be spectacular then, I haven't watched it yet.

You still work at ILM right?

Currently watching this dude stream PC version of GTAV. Had me rolling when he called a mugger on his girlfriend, even funnier watching the stream from her end as she was mad confused on what was going on.

Not since the major Disney layoffs a few years back.

Ah word. Where are you at now?

Crocodile

So did they release the entire first season of this new Daredevil show or is going to be released in parts?

The main thing I remember is her and the campaigns implication that what MLK and the rest of the civil rights movement did paled in comparison to JBL signing the Civil Rights Act. I also remember Bill making some side-eye worthy comments during the campaign too.

Ugh, this whole system sucks so much. I don't expect either side to give even the slightest shit about us. Obama learned the hard way what happens when you appear to care even slightly about what happens to black people in this country. I don't expect even a little bit of that from Hillary or whoever the republicans nominate.

"The awesome stuff you did isn't nearly as awesome as the stuff I did"

Ugh, what an unproductive, borderline troll-ish mentality.

All we can do is hope things will improve in the future. For example people seem to be getting more aware of how wack the police can be. Awareness is the fist step for change. It might take years but baby steps are better than no steps right?

There were long time Democrats who wouldn't vote for him because he is black.
https://youtu.be/c-q4MDQ0cDI

Ugh, just ugh. I'll never understand the Islamphobia that is gripping some parts of this country. Shit I lived within walking distance of the World Trade Center when 9/11 went down and I'm not stupid enough to think every Muslim around the world is out to get me. I guess its just too easy to "other" whole groups of people if you've never met a member of said group before. Human tribalism at its worst :/

I did laugh when that old lady at the end just straight up said a Black man shouldn't be president. At least everybody else tried to "sugarcoat" it but you could tell that old lady ran out of fucks to give years ago LOL

that Olivia Munn thread is amazing in all the worst ways

Reading bits and pieces and I'm just left here confused. Like I can't say she's an actress that comes to my mind often for any particular role but people seem so upset. Like who goes on a message board and thinks its a good idea to proclaim "I wonder whose dick she sucked to get this role?". Like is that remotely necessary?

I got a feeling this dude wanted to say mudshark or something similar.

I'm not sure that poster understands what makes Psylocke "weird" in a way that doesn't apply to the Samuel L Jackson version of Nick Fury :p

All that being said, I only learned about Psylocke's "origin" like a year ago but its so dumb I just pretend its bad fanfiction and not something someone was paid to write and draw and got published.

lmao @ backslashbunny's post in the olivia munn thread. insane ramblings

What was she even trying to say? Like I literally couldn't make heads or tails of that post. Do I have to read the past X pages in full to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom