• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

The thing about that R is its a double edged sword, you can't really "do" Deadpool and it not be an R. Deadpool is like Lobo to me, just some really juvenile ass stuff, which has its place but I'm not paying 12 bucks to watch 90 minutes of that.

Comic book movies are inherently juvenile.

The Punisher can work as a character, just not in the greater Marvel U. As a solo he's fine but in the context of superheroes he just doesn't work.

The Ennis run is basically the best take on the character. The power void that happens when he kills folk is the jump off point and it makes sense. Rest of his time is spent dealing with that.

Barracuda, tho? Nah.

harSon

Banned
Wow, was watching that new Snoop Dogg video and realized that my friends are in the video (they're twins):

11133694_10155391013320024_6646182075184869822_n.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What are some good examples of Deadpool arcs/character etc.?

the joe kelly run, the cable and deadpool run,the gail simone run (which includes agent x) and the most recent run that just ended. stay away from everything with daniel ways name on it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Thanks for the answers I forgot to ask this but......why? What makes a good deadpool characterization/arc?

a lot of people think that what makes deadpool good is the 4th wall breaking aspect, or the various retarded pop culture references, but its really that beyond all that "funny" stuff he does, hes really a very, very broken creature. he finds affection and camaraderie in similar broken people, but he doesn't think hes deserving of any of them, kinda like spider man with his jokes to hide his fear, but all the damn time.

a lot of people think that what makes deadpool good is the 4th wall breaking aspect, or the various retarded pop culture references, but its really that beyond all that "funny" stuff he does, hes really a very, very broken creature. he finds affection and camaraderie in similar broken people, but he doesn't think hes deserving of any of them, kinda like spider man with his jokes to hide his fear, but all the damn time.

Remender made him shine, along with the rest of X-Force.

Kreed

I am continuously amazed that twerking is a thing white people are only just now learning about.

After Republicans thought Michelle and Obama giving each other dap was some sort of Illuminati hand signal, I just assume the main stream knows nothing unless it's on a morning talk show.

Yo Feenix,

Was there a thread @ the coil on
rejoice.png
's passing?

And you have the african edit of
mynicca1.png

I remember hearing it in a random thread about Bishop Bonsu's passing but I don't remember there being a thread about it.

I seen the African version of the bottom smiley multiple times but I don't think I actually have it.

I am continuously amazed that twerking is a thing white people are only just now learning about.
I mean..what touch did they just crawl from under? I been seeing that shit since I was a squirt in the 80s..shit just changes names. Folks talk about it like it's this new craze all the kids are into! Shit has been going on in schools and dances for decades.

I'm still laughing about an old(er) friend who asked me a while back if I've "heard about the twerk?" I nearly pissed myself. Dude's like 45, and grew up in Miami during the peak of the 2 Live Crew/Luke days..it's like he wore blinders all those years. All it takes is that nasty display by Cyrus, and it's "the new thing!"

Amazing..

That's how I was when it became mainstream then I realized its just like everything else appropriated...
Pretty much...

2 Live Crew/Luke videos are always so cheesy to me...I have always loved them but it later makes me feel some type of way knowing those women are now mothers/grandmothers.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jandro I gotta admit Kimmy Schmidt is really good. I stuck with it and it's pretty damn funny.
I'm still laughing about an old(er) friend who asked me a while back if I've "heard about the twerk?"
"Brother Gordon, I come from the church of the donk to deliver unto you the good word of the twerk. Doth thou believe in making it bounce like Spaulding?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Miley blew their minds. Wait until they learn about the stinky leg and the Bernie.

I work in real estate.

You don't even fucking know how hard I cringe when I hear Realtors say "I'll teach you how to twerk!"

It really was Miley that put it there.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Occasionally there's a win. This is one of them.

The Atlanta-based company behind the Super Soaker water gun and Nerf toy guns has been awarded nearly $73 million in royalties from toymaker Hasbro Inc., according to the law firm King & Spalding.

Johnson Research and Development Co. and founder Lonnie Johnson have been in a royalty dispute with Hasbro since February, when the company filed a claim against the giant toy company. According to King & Spalding, which along with the A. Leigh Baier P.C. law firm represented Johnson, Hasbro underpaid royalties for the Nerf line toys from 2007 to 2012.

“In the arbitration we got everything we asked for,” said Atlanta attorney Leigh Baier. “The arbitrator ruled totally in Lonnie’s favor.” The attorney also said Johnson “is very pleased” with the outcome.
Johnson, a nuclear engineer, Tuskegee University Ph.D. and former NASA scientist, founded his company in 1989. It was the same year he first licensed the Super Soaker, which generated more than $200 million in retail sales two years later, the company said. The toy was licensed to Larami Corp., which was later purchased by Hasbro.

Johnson holds more than 80 patents, with more than 20 pending, the company said, which said sales of the Super Soaker have approached nearly $1 billion.
As an Alabama high school senior, Johnson finished building a remote-controlled robot with a reel-to-reel tape player for a brain and jukebox solenoids controlling its pneumatic limbs, according to a 2008 profile in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

After graduating from Tuskegee he joined the Air Force, worked at the Air Force Weapons Laboratory at Sandia, worked for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab on the Galileo mission to Jupiter and the Mars Observer project, among others. He also helped design the Cassini robot probe that flew 740 million miles to Saturn
He moved to Atlanta in 1990 before his Super Soaker invention made him wealthy. His inventions have included rechargeable battery technology and thermodynamic energy conversion technology.

JLynn

Peoples getting moist over the Episode VII trailer. And I'm here at work, mind blown after seeing the Hasselhoff video.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Peoples getting moist over the Episode VII trailer. And I'm here at work, mind blown after seeing the Hasselhoff video.

Lemme just put it this way. My basement is flooded.

Parrallax and Reigun:

Kabuto and Dark Kabuto vs Tv Flash and Reverse Flash

No perfect or hyper zecter

Height of his powers? Reverse Flash kills them all. Kabuto and Hyper would miss that Rider Kick and they'd get their neck snapped when they'd do the about face. Then Thawne takes Barry out, because TV Iris isn't worth going on trial for yet.

Slayven

Height of his powers? Reverse Flash kills them all. Kabuto and Hyper would miss that Rider Kick and they'd get their neck snapped when they'd do the about face. Then Thawne takes Barry out, because TV Iris isn't worth going on trial for yet.

But can we have a scene where Tendou has been working a uniformed officer all day? or a lab tech at STAR labs?

Crocodile

They most certainly do. What were you thinking of in terms of the bet? I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm interested in the betting terms.

I'd assume the parameters would be like

-Opening Weekend Gross
-Domestic/Worldwide Gross over X weeks (4? 8? The group could decide)
-Total Gross before leaving theaters

So people could choose one of those or have three bets. The best would probably be Domestic or Worldwide Gross over a month just to let word of mouth hit as some movies may not open big but still gross well. Too much longer than a month and I'd figure people would stop caring.

Miley blew their minds. Wait until they learn about the stinky leg and the Bernie.

Since I assume you aren't talking about Bernie Mac (RIP) or Bernie Maddoff (which would make no sense in this context) I have no idea what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom