• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

good

now make the super soakers that don't suck again

The King

18vrycf66bhunjpg.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Parrallax and Reigun:

Kabuto and Dark Kabuto vs Tv Flash and Reverse Flash

No perfect or hyper zecter

based on the little ive seen of the flash vs zoom battle, kabuto has more control in hyper speed, so hes gonna have to make his hits count while he has the time. he would have to go after zoom. im not sure what dark kabuto would do in the battle though. possibly run interference

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that Star Wars teaser

they fucking had me with that shot of the Star Destroyer buried in the sand

I just pray that it wasn't a situation where someone showed that game to Bish on some, "Hey man there's this old school RPG that I think you'll love" type bs.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Had a funny racist experience today that probably could have been a skit on the Dave Chappelle show.

At lunch today with my co-worker she decides she wants to upgrade to the iphone 6 finally, which i have been telling her to do for the longest time. I told her she should go to the apple store and get it there but since we were in downtown Boston and she has AT&T she wanted to go to the ATT store. I was fine with that because it was close by. We walked into the store and it was busy, clerks helping customers, so we wait by the service desk until someone was free waited for a few moments no one said anything to us. We walked around a bit to kill some time looking at the display phones then back again to the same spot near the desk.

A store clerk behind us asked two older white men if they needed help, they said no and the guy walked right passed my co-worker and I. She was about to say something but he was already in the backroom. Now its going on to 10 mins of waiting.

A white guy walks in and immediately 2 clerks ask him if he needed help. My co-woker utters an audible WTF and the clerk turns to us and ask if we signed in. She rips into him about waiting. He signs her in and then takes care of the white guy who just walked in. Oh and he was trying to trade in a phone btw.

Finally another clerk helps her only to say they were out of the iphone 6 model she wanted. Back at the office i told her trying checking online for the model and per the ATT website that store had that model she wanted.

later tonight she calls me and tells me that she went to the apple store that gave her excellent service and had the phone she wanted and helped her set it up.

I'm still shocked at the treatment we had at the ATT store. Makes me want to walk in there with an aluminum bat and break every phone they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KJRRSB_XA

Y'all see this video by the chick from "Hunger Games" I think she played Rue? I don't know the characters. Anyway its basically talking about culture appropriation and what not nothing super mind blowing but its nice to hear people call that shit out.

She grew up a little bit I didn't even recognize her despite spending a month staring at her face when I did a portrait of her a few months ago. Yeah, that shit is fucked up. We talked about this shit a bit when I was in my African American Studies class last year.

Merc_

How they see me

great-white-teeth.jpg

Welcome back, Labor.

Also, that Star Wars: Battlefront thread is something else. There is no way the final game is going to look as good as what they've shown so far. You'd think folks would learn after all the other graphical downgrades we've seen in games recently.

Slayven

I swear to god I be doing something and suddenly "Dom't Mock The Shocker" pops in my head and I start giggling like a mad man.

Sou Da

I gotta stop discussing mainstream superhero films on here, this place and it's stans are way too invested in that 90s esque company wars nonsense.

dream wouldn't know a good opinion if it chokeslammed him by the way.

G-Fex

I gotta stop discussing mainstream superhero films on here, this place and it's stans are way too invested in that 90s esque company wars nonsense.

EleGiggle.

Yeah the threads is bad territory. Don't fuck around except to peek in and laugh at folks.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

ive been saying that for a minute though.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Build-an-RPG aren't rare.
It's not some dude in RPGMaker stitching it together. It's a real game called Tangled Tales that was released in 1989. Developed by Origin - yeah, that Origin. Ye gods.

The hilarious thing about that character? When you originally meet him, he's an old guy who speaks like, well this:
fL9o24u.png

He drinks from a rebranded Fountain of Youth™ and then magically starts speaking in ebonics...as seen previously.

World's greatest RPG blog CRPG Addict explains:
I don't tell my friends about my addiction or this blog, but I particularly don't tell my black friends. So when I called Corey to check with him on something, I had to pretend it was about a book.

Me: "So let's say you're reading this book, and it's set in this fantasy land with wizards and stuff..."
Corey: "Like Lord of the Rings?"
Me: "Right...So, it's in this world and...Wait. Do black people like Lord of the Rings?"
Corey: "Man, I told you before: you can't use me as some kind of bellwether about what 'black people like.'"
Me: "Sorry. I know. But I was just thinking there are no black characters, and then you've got this whole 'Men of the West' metaphor and, you know, the orcs kind of--"
Corey: "If this is going to turn into one of your 'Jawas-are-really-Jews' theories, I don't have time. I gotta get to work."

jmood88

This is hands down my post of the day.

Doesn't want some child exposed to gay behavior

......in Mortal Kombat X.
I love the typical "they need to just let them be gay organically" type posts.

"I don't know why they always have to put a spotlight on the fact that gay characters are gay. I mean, we should just find out organically. For example, we could have a cut scene where we walk into the guy's room and see him fucking his boyfriend or something. Just don't talk about it beforehand because it comes across as pandering. They're just checking boxes."

I love the typical "they need to just let them be gay organically" type posts.

"I don't know why they always have to put a spotlight on the fact that gay characters are gay. I mean, we should just find out organically. For example, we could have a cut scenes where we walk into the guy's room and see him fucking his boyfriend or something. Just don't talk about it beforehand because it comes across as pandering. They're just checking boxes."
Yeah. Subtle..like a brick lol. People get too damn touchy..

---

Bloodborne kicking ass, boy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom