• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

How they see me

great-white-teeth.jpg
Welcome back Labor. hope you have a good weekend. :)
Bloodborne kicking ass, boy..
Yeah it is.
Picollo is that dude that stops by once your dad leaves the house to see your mom and Gohan calls uncle
Fucking lol.

Sup yall, figured I'd make an introduction.

Where you're from - military brat, been all over. Mostly the low country sc
Where you live - western nc
What is your age? - 33
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - ships and whips I guess?
Do you know your roots - no, I'd love to learn tho
Favorite musical genre - hippity hoppity
Your profession/major/career interest - big brown
Your religious affiliation - n/a
Hobbies - chilling
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - bojanglettes

Slayven

What is your age? - 33
Hobbies - chilling

You will fit in just fine around here. Welcome

Jacir

What is your age? - 33
Hobbies - chilling

Welcome brother. I don't get the big brown?

"Ships and Whips"

I am still laughing. I am totally going to use that,

Same.

Samara

So I decided not to go to a salon or barber and messed my hair up trying to look like them girls with ombre hair. Oh how stupid was that. I bleached my hair 3 times in a day. Hair was dead when it hit water. Didnt S-curl and was dry as fuck. No offense to those with them, but my hair was a 4C and some spots while my natural hair is usually a 4a and some 3C in the back. Nope can't deal with that. Cut it all off. I've never had hair this short. I just had to mess it up.

Sorry boyfriend, but your pillowcase are going to be oily as fuck!

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Fuck man, I cannot get over how bad The Order's story is. There are so many moments where they introduce a new concept and then completely disregard it for no reason. Like, what kind of blue balls shit is that?

So I decided not to go to a salon or barber and messed my hair up trying to look like them girls with ombre hair. Oh how stupid was that. I bleached my hair 3 times in a day. Hair was dead when it hit water. Didnt S-curl and was dry as fuck. No offense to those with them, but my hair was a 4C and some spots while my natural hair is usually a 4a and some 3C in the back. Nope can't deal with that. Cut it all off. I've never had hair this short. I just had to mess it up.

S'all right, I got that satin joint for you.

Sou Da

I know it's a troll but

We wouldn't even have these conversations if JJ Abrams did the right thing and just had a white only cast of characters with a few non-white background characters and one prominent black character like in the Original three and the Prequels.

This is why I hate diversity, race-mixing, and giving lead rolls to non-whites. Ultimately it ruins the experince for everyone.

Besides, black/brown/tan races don't even really watch Star Wars, they don't even like sci-fi or even know what that term means.

Shy

Morning, all..today be a beach day.
Noice! have an awesome time Gordon.

What is your age? - 33
Hobbies - chilling
Welcome welcome good sir, pull up a chair and have a drink.

Jacir

Eww I'll take that pillow as quick as possible. Other than that, protect that hair girl!!

Trey

I'm sure all the fellas here have misguided attempts at cutting their own hair, too.

It happens to the best of us.

Jacir

Amandla Stenberg' video is trending everywhere whilst the GAF thread is only 2 pages. Everyone wants to be black, yet no one wants to be black. This continues to be true.

royalan

Amandla Stenberg' video is trending everywhere whilst the GAF thread is only 2 pages. Everyone wants to be black, yet no one wants to be black. This continues to be true.

What thread is this?

Anyway, I watched her video the other day. The next generation....they gonna be alright.

Numb

Was that Madonna with grills? Just wow.
It was hard but worth pausing snake eater for.
Girl seems really young. Probably even younger than i think she is.

Kreed

I'm sure all the fellas here have misguided attempts at cutting their own hair, too.

It happens to the best of us.

I keep my hair short so I've never had problems maintaining my own hair when I want to save money/don't want to wait at a barber. Just need a good pair of adjustable clippers, guides, and two mirrors.

RedSwirl

I apologize in advance if this becomes a rant/review/whatever, but I just started Assassin's Creed: Catcher Freeman. Ubisoft went all-in on this one fellas.

I mean, I knew I was gonna be assassinating slave masters, but they got you going into plantations where you have to kill all the overseers. When an alert happens the soundtrack that kicks in is somewhere between a modern Blockbuster adventure movie, a 1950's Blockbuster adventure movie, and Hotel Rwanda. They even changed the synchronization music. Ubisoft did not give a fuck. Adewale is Django and Zorro at the same time. Oh, and you do it all with a machete.

Y'know all that random shit that constantly passes you buy in Assassin's Creed games like couriers or flying piece of paper or convoys to blow up. Before I just didn't care and let that stuff float by, but now they're slaves being transported, captured, jailed, punished, and auctioned. The game part of all that is still annoying, and these slaves regenerate every five minutes, but it never feels right just letting them go.

The game pretty heavily itemizes and somewhat dehumanizes the slaves too since each one you free goes into some counter of slaves freed/resistance fighters. It even locks main quest missions behind the number of slaves freed. I just got my ship back and the game says you actually raid slave ships.

I think I might just forego all the main missions and explore/liberate everything. Pretty sure I'm done with Creed after this too. Not because of this game in particular. I'm just tired of Ubisoft Open World Game.

andthebeatgoeson

Just got back from mexico and I'm feeling great. Nice and relaxed.

Found out what it feels like to be a woman on the street. Whistles, cars pulling over to the site, cats jumping out the car. Just to offer me cab rides, promotions, time shares, etc. Felt bad.

Shook my head no about a million times. Wife was like, 'this is every day of my life.'

akira28

Found out what it feels like to be a woman on the street. Whistles, cars pulling over to the site, cats jumping out the car. Just to offer me cab rides, promotions, time shares, etc. Felt bad.

Shook my head no about a million times. Wife was like, 'this is every day of my life.'

how does this work?

Imm0rt4l

My mom asked me to help her clean/scrub her pool. She hired her new pool guy after only a day because of tacking on charges after the fact(draining the pool) and already going over budget. Shit got entirely too heated with the guy and he actually muttered to himself "I don't know how you do business in Africa but...". It was at that moment he knew he fucked up. I went up to him and he just knew he was bout to catch a fade, I let him sweat it out and we just had words. He left on a much calmer but still angry note. I know my mom was partially to blame but you can't come into a person's home you were doing business in and be yelling at the top of your lungs throwing a fucking temper tantrum because they no longer want your business. Dude was red as fuck.

Moral of the story is sometimes you gotta let cooler heads prevail even when somebody is yelling "Worldstar" in your ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom