• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

The whole hood getting out of the pen at once. Welcome back.

Aren't all Spartans supposed to be like that according to the books?

The book Spartans have some ridiculous feats that compare to the foolishness in that vid, but their suits didn't have all the toys that Locke's has, which gives him more capability.

The wiki must be wrong then.

God damn.

On the subject, I jumped off around chapter 630. Worth it?

Not really, no. But you're gonna do it anyway.

Aren't all Spartans supposed to be like that according to the books?

They're all supposed to be hyper-mobile, but due to the sheer weight of all their equipment (the original IIs, like Master Chief, have armor that weighs a metric ton and on top of their augmentations which involve, like, reinforcing their bones with ceramics and stuff, they can easily weigh up to one and a half tonnes) the largest movements you'll get out of them are generally floaty jumps or brief jukes via Thrusters. Locke evidently makes use of some highly unique equipment built into his suit that allows him to use his retro-rockets while sprinting, performing melee attacks, etc. which puts him on a completely different level than virtually any other Spartan we've seen so far. Not even Chief can manhandle a Banshee the way Locke just did.

It's funny, too, because I totally called Locke being able to pull this stuff off a while back.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
LMAO at the new Naruto chapter.

Sakura is truly the Queen of L's if this turns out to be true.

EDIT:
qgj2EuB.png

thought you was joking but damn.

That was some shit that makes your soul burn slow.

Sou Da

They're all supposed to be hyper-mobile, but due to the sheer weight of all their equipment (the original IIs, like Master Chief, have armor that weighs a metric ton and on top of their augmentations which involve, like, reinforcing their bones with ceramics and stuff, they can easily weigh up to one and a half tonnes) the largest movements you'll get out of them are generally floaty jumps or brief jukes via Thrusters. Locke evidently makes use of some highly unique equipment built into his suit that allows him to use his retro-rockets while sprinting, performing melee attacks, etc. which puts him on a completely different level than virtually any other Spartan we've seen so far. Not even Chief can manhandle a Banshee the way Locke just did.

It's funny, too, because I totally called Locke being able to pull this stuff off a while back.
All I remember is a scene where a Spartan killed entire room of aliens in the time a light switch was turned on and off.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just a new nigga that's lurked for years and years and years.

I aint one of your kids, if that's what you're wondering.
VTI1g8I.png

i know this dude didn't just introduce himself as noob saislayven and try to play me like i got old flabby kids from the future like scott summers

get a drug test. foh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom