• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

I tried watching MOBAs and I can't. Just like I'd rather play football or soccer than watch it. But I like watching good fighting game competition. Not so much the game board micromanagement skills.

There is only 1 high profile black playing Pro LOL and he stays on a team that constantly chokes
But he makes so much money off streaming because the team is well known

Jacir

Sup fam. not much, you. ?

Stagnation and indecision are my enemies now. I'm in a rut now, that with me being too passive for my own good, has made me well...ain't shit, to be frank. Focusing on the health side of things. Health coming before education is where I'm at right now.

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but seriously?

10473806_636009399852923_4227351030403105452_n.jpg

Numb

We're taking over, man. Baseball and hockey will be ours one day too.

Hockey? Can black people even skate tho? I know i can't.
They made a documentary movie in Sweden where they teach my fellow country men how to play ice hockey/bandy and try to win against proffesionals. I saw a trailer of it when i was watching Gozilla with my friends last year and we could not stop laughing in the theater.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1QN2Zi1ho

some quotes
''No other somalian in history has gotten such an opportunity''
''I heard where they come from they only played with rocks and whatnot''
''CNN has heard about this and BBC and Wall street too.''

I heard they lost 18-0 in their first match in the tournaments against Netherlands lol.
But they made it to two championships last time i checked.

Jacir

We're taking over, man. Baseball and hockey will be ours one day too.

I was amazed when I found out hockey was invented by black people in Nova Scotia, Canada. We always had hockey in that way.

It seemed great when I lived in Colorado Springs, but I was a kid. Lots of diversity, when I was there. I remember this one black dude who was deaf and mute who was very kind to me as a kid. All sorts of neat people lived in our apartments. I've only been to Denver since, but I'd love to visit Colorado Springs again. Recently, when I visited Denver, the air seemed clearer there. I felt like Superman when I revisited it. I could breathe there better than anywhere else.

Since earlier in the thread where many of us were talking about leaving this country or going to another state for better pastures, I also have been in that state of mind. Tho another state is better for my situation. Im still undecided which state I want to go to. I've looked into Denver and it seems nice. Lots of choices overall.

How many post you think you'll make before your eventual perm?

Really? Such a great introduction.

Numb

There is only 1 high profile black playing Pro LOL and he stays on a team that constantly chokes
But he makes so much money off streaming because the team is well known

One is already more than i thought. Good for him.
I checked the LoL streams once or twice and all i saw were tons of chicks in revealing clothing in the thumbnails where the game screen was only 10% of the stream and the rest was their cleavage.

Young Magus

Hi BCT. This seems like a fun place.

Where you're from - Colorado, USA
Where you live - Missouri, USA
What is your age? - 24 (starting today)
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Irish/white, Blackfoot/American Indian
Do you know your roots - Not yet; just that I'm Irish from my Mom's side and Blackfoot on my Dad's side, with some German in there somewhere. I get asked a lot if I'm from India for some reason, or if I am American Indian, even though I think I look more white generally. Reactions based on my answer vary.
Favorite musical genre - Motown/classical
Your profession/major/career interest - Game designer
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic but searching spirituality
Hobbies - Gaming, movies/anime, drawing and painting, comics
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Homemade

Welcome mothafucka!!!

Were any of you that black kid that liked anime and hung out with your fellow (white) anime enthusiasts at school? One of those guys just sent a friend request to me on Facebook, and I remember how everyone used to make fun of him.

Naw my school was all black but we did have a small crew that would always stay up on the latest mangas. They were all cool cept for a nigga that would sport the naruto headband like it was hot it the streets.

Everyone knew dbz tho, Goku V Superman dominated lunch discussion.

I like it how people are always surprised by the amount of black dudes in Smash streams.
I can kinda understand where they are coming from tho if you tune in randomnly into a stream and both the commentators are black also both the players and the 6 dudes behind them too. That's when the chat gets real interesting.

Yo few months back a dude came up to me in gamestop asking me why black folks play fighting games the most. He ask because of the twitch streams of fighting games compared to other genres

Shy

Stagnation and indecision are my enemies now. I'm in a rut now, that with me being too passive for my own good, has made me well...ain't shit, to be frank. Focusing on the health side of things. Health coming before education is where I'm at right now.
That sucks to hear, don't let it overwhelm you, like it did me. I hope you get better soon.

Have an awesome weekend.

Watching a brotha across the street get beaten and arrested, smiling because he is one of the good ones.
130306174058-college-tour-brochure-story-top.jpg

"I'm fuckin all these white wimminz"
diversity%20front.jpg

"The black chick behind me just told me to get the fuck outta her face after I asked for them digits for the 8th time, that's why I'm lookin awkward"
Community-College-Review-Diversity-Report-Which-Campuses-are-Most-Diverse-yBldTA.jpg

Slay checkin GAF on his phone next to his future ebony princess.
iStock_000018889603Small.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
1. Someone made an joke in bad taste about a train accident and I responded with "lol" or something of that sort.

2. It was a thread about a koala and I made a thirsty comment about how the koala's care taker had nice thighs. I think everyone else who made a comment about her thighs got banned too. Iunno man.

Numb

1. Someone made an joke in bad taste about a train accident and I responded with "lol" or something of that sort.

2. It was a thread about a koala and I made a thirsty comment about how the koala's care taker had nice thighs. I think everyone else who made a comment about her thighs got banned too. Iunno man.

First one was acceptable but i need to see those thighs for myself.
They must be incredible to have caused so many bans.
Link it if you can.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
First one was acceptable but i need to see those thighs for myself.
They must be incredible to have caused so many bans.
Link it if you can.
went through pages of old posts. That shit don't exist anymore like the thread got deaded #conspiracybrotha

Numb

went through pages of old posts. That shit don't exist anymore like the thread got deaded #conspiracybrotha

illuminati confiscated those thighs due to their banning power it seems.
Now i will only be left with my imagination which will most definitely overhype them.

you guys just proving me wrong. J10 didn't die for this

That last dude is totally going to fuck that girl once the dude leaves. Look at his face.

where you think his hand is while old boy too busy looking back at the camera

3rd picture the chick in the pink really trying not to touch arms with that Dear Brother

Akainu

everytime i see your avatar it reminds me to start Season 3 of Korra, i enjoyed the last 2.

i already know about the lesbian thing since a friend spoiled that for me anyways heh

Bisexual

Korra was crap. Maybe the 3rd series will be better. Which wouldn't happen.

Trey

Korra wasn't as well received as AtLA, but if it is indeed the last gasp of western action animation, the genre went out on top as far as production values were concerned. Beautiful show.

Cause let video games tell it black people only have baldheads, afros, cornrows, or dreads.

While ethnic hair is definitely more varied than that, those four hairstyles are pretty much the wheelhouse (I'd swap afros for a wave cut). But considering some of the ridiculous hairstyles some of these game feature, more ethnic options should be a given.

Slayven

Now that folks are charging for mods, someone can make one that lets you make decent black haircut in skyrim. Cause let video games tell it black people only have baldheads, afros, cornrows, or dreads.

Now that folks are charging for mods, someone can make one that lets you make decent black haircut in skyrim. Cause let video games tell it black people only have baldheads, afros, cornrows, or dreads.
Wait..those are the only for styles I've ever actually had! There's more!?

Sou Da

Korra wasn't as well received as AtLA, but if it is indeed the last gasp of western action animation, the genre went out on top as far as production values were concerned. Beautiful show.

You mean Western action animated series right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom