• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Kishimoto just really hates Sakura. Wouldn't be surprised if the origin for her character was someone he got spurned by.

Young Magus

This is what I'm saying. Sakura could've bagged her the Hokage. Instead, she's raising what seems like another woman's daughter. This is the most L panel ever.
Le1DRH4.jpg

Sasake won't even take a picture with you?
-wince-GIF.gif

At least Korra respects Mako.

I seen some L's in my day, saw a few on the worldstar, vine, GAF OT and high school/college life
but
that is without a shadow of a doubt THEE biggest L's I've seen in a bit
well in fiction that is

Numb

Kishimoto just really hates Sakura. Wouldn't be surprised if the origin for her character was someone he got spurned by.

I seen some L's in my day, saw a few on the worldstar, vine, GAF OT and high school/college life
but
that is without a shadow of a doubt THEE biggest L's I've seen in a bit
well in fiction that is

People may hate her but now i understand that it is nothing compared to how much Kishi hates her himself.

Mako may have had a classical L, but Sakura's was a quantum L. That shit is exponentially infinite and it's getting bigger every day, according to scientists.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This is what I'm saying. Sakura could've bagged her the Hokage. Instead, she's raising what seems like another woman's daughter. This is the most L panel ever.
Le1DRH4.jpg

-wince-GIF.gif

You're completely right, lol

I mean I laugh at Mako for fucking both those relationships up so aggressively, but at least he got treated like an actual human being and eventually moved on with his life.

That damn taped on photo tho

Goooooddamn

Crocodile

I read that Naruto chapter days ago and I'm still laughing. It's probably a troll/red herring but for now I'll enjoy the schefraude.

That's the only explanation. No other way would an author hate their own fictional character that much.

Really, guys...all the main characters from Naruto are just god-awful (except for Naruto himself).

Just awful.

Rock Lee, Shikamaru (though he's kind of sexist), Gai and Kakashi are fine. Killer Bee is ok too. Though yes, most of the characters in Narutio suck.

I read that Naruto chapter days ago and I'm still laughing. It's probably a troll/red herring but for now I'll enjoy the schefraude.

That's the only explanation. No other way would an author hate their own fictional character that much.

Rock Lee, Shikamaru (though he's kind of sexist), Gai and Kakashi are fine. Killer Bee is ok too. Though yes, most of the characters in Narutio suck.

Kakashi is the only Naruto character I ever had time for.
Shame he's usually relegated to getting Worf'd.

Sou Da

That aren't really main characters but yeah; Kakashi, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, and Neji are really the only interesting or even semi well written characters.

Kreed

One of the most messed up things about Naruto as a series is how Naruto was "raised". I've yet to read or hear a "good" explanation for why the people in the village who knew Naruto was the son of the 4th and the truth about the Demon Fox, lied to entire generations of villagers about Naruto to the point where he was hated, told Naruto absolutely nothing about his past or other family members, and basically forced him to raise himself in a one person home.

...yet somehow, this Sakura situation feels more messed up than that.

Sou Da

One of the most messed up things about Naruto as a series is how Naruto was "raised". I've yet to read or hear a "good" explanation for why the people in the village who knew Naruto was the son of the 4th and the truth about the Demon Fox, lied to entire generations of villagers about Naruto to the point where he was hated, told Naruto absolutely nothing about his past or other family members, and basically forced him to raise himself in a one person home.

It's funny how all that happens and when he meets his parents he just kind of goes: "Yeah I already figured"

Couldn't make that moment more unsatisfying if they tried.

Did Naruto never wonder why he got free housing, or was this one of the reasons why he knew.

Where did Sasuke live in the village?

Crocodile

It's called "making the story up as you go along". Jump seems to be a super competitive magazine and not every new series gets very far before being cancelled due to lack of popularity. As such, the feeling I've acquired over the years is that a lot of fledgling authors have a good concept and enough good ideas for a couple of volumes but don't necessarily have it all planned out years in advance as many don't know if they will even have a published comic in one years time. So in the case that their comic hits it big and the get a permanent spot in the magazine, they are left trying to fill out their world/characters. Now I don't KNOW that this was the case with Kishimoto but given how many ass-pulls, near-retcons and nonsensical events there were over the course of Naruto, that's the feeling I have.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

well, you know naruto had a fucked up childhood. the only thing we have from the sakura situation is that she didnt take a picture with the dude, hes been gone forever, and he looks more like him than her.

Numb

Entire point was to give Naruto a fucked up childhood to justify the random things he does or happens to him later on. How this was done does not matter or need to make sense. Only the results mattered.
Well unless you actually care enough to have a story that makes sense tho.

Trey

Movies. Specifically the DC ones, despite their mediocrity they count.

Oh yeah, those are nice, but I didn't know of any more animated DC films on the horizon. I have a selection of Wonder Woman fights that stand out as fine examples of Western animation.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Le1DRH4.jpg

-wince-GIF.gif

wow ouch, Sakura, wow.

Slayven

Konoha people are not good people. The Fourth Hokage wanted his kid to grow up normally, not get shit on. 3rd couldn't take a minute and tell people to knock it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom