• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I mean, you can't expect much morally from a population that's cool with raising their kids to be child soldiers and having them participate in exams that could very likely end in their death.

Slayven

I mean, you can't expect much morally from a population that's cool with raising their kids to be child soldiers and having them participate in exams that could very likely end in their death.

You right, Inhumans might be assholes. But they take care of their own.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
My favourite part is where his brother killed everyone and somehow had feelings when it came to his brother.

because the kid wasnt in on the plan. supposedly everyone else was.

Konoha people are not good people. The Fourth Hokage wanted his kid to grow up normally, not get shit on. 3rd couldn't take a minute and tell people to knock it off?

thats what kills me. they just left the kid to his own devices like it was noones problem .

Village

Or, ya know let children with dimension ripping demon inside of them be the victim of systematic village wide bulling for the sake of " naruto not riding his father's coat tails". Like he wont lash out or go nuts, unleashing that demon upon the village, no no its totally cool guy.

Or that thing where you get a member of a family to murder a family and not account on said murdering having a morality issue. Along with getting that family murdered for reasons that were never actually elaborated on, besides " they were going to the bad thing " and the only people who could explain... were murdered. And then be like " why sasuke upset tho "

And then there is garra holy hit.

Ninja world sucks.

Bleach world sucks worse, at least you can have some sort of agency in ninja world. 9/10 in bleach world you just some human and your spirit world power level ain't high enough to see how fucked you are. Dudes having to teleport your city into alternate dimensions and shit to fight battles messing up the natural order of life and death. And you don't even know.

Does that mean that Sasuke was the only child in all of the Uchiha clan at that time?
Or that the other kids were also in on a coup?
Man Naruto is dumb.

Nah man, Sasuke was his way out. He wanted sasuke to kill him.

Trey

Konoha people are not good people. The Fourth Hokage wanted his kid to grow up normally, not get shit on. 3rd couldn't take a minute and tell people to knock it off?

Nothing about Naruto's story makes sense. Especially considering the direction the manga went in the second half. This manga is the quintessence of making it up as you go along.

Parallax

Or, ya know let children with dimension ripping children inside of them be the victim of systematic village wide bulling for the sake of " naruto not riding his father's coat tails". Like he wont lash out or go nuts, unleashing that demon upon the village, no no its totally cool guy.

Or that thing where you get a member of a family to murder a family and not account on said murdering having a morality issue. Along with getting that family murdered for reasons that were never actually elaborated on, besides " they were going to the bad thing " and the only people who could explain... were murdered. And then be like " why sasuke upset tho "

And then there is garra holy hit.

Ninja world sucks.

Bleach world sucks worse, at least you can have some sort of agency in ninja world. 9/10 in bleach world you just some human and your spirit world power level ain't high enough to see how fucked you are. Dudes having to teleport your city into alternate dimensions and shit to fight battles messing up the natural order of life and death. And you don't even know.

other than spirits, thats reality right there. you rarely know just how fucked you are until its too late

Numb

Bleach is on a whole other level Village.
Dude who was defeated before and is now locked in a chair with everything except his voice sealed is now more powerful using only that than the new enemies who are more powerful than him when he was defeated. The power of Aizen is something crazy.

And Ichigo being a human + hollow +shinigami + Quincy +bouncer is retarted too.
What species is left in the bleach universe that he aint i wonder.

I actually appreciate Hunter x Hunter for showing how these super powered beings interact with the normal world. Unless you live in NGL
ayyy lmao...
, life is pretty ordinary for average folks in that universe.

Village

People still read Bleach? Has it not become painfully obvious that Kubo is just fucking with you all?
I realized this a while ago. Now its like watching train that has gone of the rails , continue to see what happens.
the DY school of parenting

The abandonment made them strong. Naruto became ... Village senator/president I guess.

And Sasuke so strong, they can't even arrest dude. They like "fuck it, just don't kill anyone "

Slayven

Dude who was defeated before and is now locked in a chair with everything except his voice sealed is now more powerful using only that than the new enemies who are more powerful than him when he was defeated. The power of Aizen is something crazy.

What ever lives in hell I imagine?

Numb

People still read Bleach? Has it not become painfully obvious that Kubo is just fucking with you all?

I do it every week and i hate myself for it. Seeing the end is what keeps me going.
I thought that way too about Naruto and now i am reading about his dumb kids.

Parallax

I actually appreciate Hunter x Hunter for showing how these super powered beings interact with the normal world. Unless you live in NGL
ayyy lmao...
, life is pretty ordinary for average folks in that universe.

thats because humanity is safely isolated away from the rest of the world. even with the chimera ants added to the equation

Village

Ichigo is also a uchiha, and his great great great grand father was half kryptonian and saiyan

A coworker of mine told me the Quincy part. I just shook my head and walked off. I'm glad I got over my shonen Stockholm syndrome and quit Bleach after Aizen.

Numb

What ever lives in hell I imagine?

You mean when he went to hell in the movie and the inhabitants who are only there to punish people fused with him cos they fetl his protagonist power?
bleach_hell_ichigo_by_smokex90-d4ak3c8.jpg

Sou Da

Anyone read that one off manga by Kenshiro Miura? The post apocalyptic one? One of the few japanese stories that have black people as downtrodden sand people and still managed to be respectful and make them interesting as well.

Kreed

It's called "making the story up as you go along". Jump seems to be a super competitive magazine and not every new series gets very far before being cancelled due to lack of popularity. As such, the feeling I've acquired over the years is that a lot of fledgling authors have a good concept and enough good ideas for a couple of volumes but don't necessarily have it all planned out years in advance as many don't know if they will even have a published comic in one years time. So in the case that their comic hits it big and the get a permanent spot in the magazine, they are left trying to fill out their world/characters. Now I don't KNOW that this was the case with Kishimoto but given how many ass-pulls, near-retcons and nonsensical events there were over the course of Naruto, that's the feeling I have.

...You just made me rethink a lot of my Jump series criticisms over the years. I knew about how hard it was to keep a series in Jump (especially after having so many series I followed abruptly cancelled) but I never thought about this being the reason why these authors don't plan things out better (even with highly praised series like One Piece and Hunter X Hunter, it's easy to tell where the authors had to "add" things in to flesh the story out more).

Village

...You just made me rethink a lot of my Jump series criticisms over the years. I knew about how hard it was to keep a series in Jump (especially after having so many series I followed abruptly cancelled) but I never thought about this being the reason why these authors don't plan things out better (even with highly praised series like One Piece and Hunter X Hunter, it's easy to tell where the authors had to "add" things in to flesh the story out more).

Yeah, its pretty interesting. There are always places where you can tell " Ok this where they had to make more than they thought they would have"

Another interesting situation was KHR because it completely switched genre's to save itself. It went from a comedy to an action manga with minor comedy elements luckily for it worked way better as the former and produced a lot of interesting designs. But its very obvious, around chapter 70 or so, or really about 10 chapters before that , to see the shift. And on that same token its ending is an odd situation too, it was canceled/stopped. They were in the middle of an arc, and then there is some abrupt ending that even the author wont give full details on. There are some rumors due to tsuna's inclusion in jump media the mangaka might be starting back up on her manga again. But we'll see.

And then there is Hunter X hunter where the guy can just ... stop.

Numb

I would rather read manga 99% of the time.
Jojo is my fav anime since it is my second fav manga.
If Berserk had a better anime it would be my number 1.

Crocodile

Code Geass is Fuckery: The Anime. The type of fuckery where you are constantly wondering what the hell the people who wrote this were smoking. Reading the reactions online back in the day was almost as hilarious as the show. The most insane thing though might be the fact that the ending, at least from what I remember, is actually good! I do wonder how it would have all turned out if it were not for the insane amounts of executive meddling that went on behind the scenes though.

Garbage tier mecha designs

Let's be real, nobody watched that shit for the mechs

Parallax

Code Geass is Fuckery: The Anime. The type of fuckery where you are constantly wondering what the hell the people who wrote this were smoking. Reading the reactions online back in the day was almost as hilarious as the show. The most insane thing though might be the fact that the ending, at least from what I remember, is actually good! I do wonder how it would have all turned out if it were not for the insane amounts of executive meddling that went on behind the scenes though.

Let's be real, nobody watched that shit for the mechs

i wanted to. but lancelot is the only one i liked

its like a bulkier nirvash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom