• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

You know that, and I know that, but people who don't give a shit about black people don't care.

How are you going to have on a black lives matter shirt and be about to stab someone tho

Yeah, it's incredibly shitty. It also gives those dudes the opening they needed to derail from the point. I don't get folks sometimes.

We need to stop feeding this message bullshit, its propaganda.

Why the fuck are people out there turning up? For good health?

Even a 9 year old knows what the fuck is going on.

I will say attacking random white folk doesn't help anything so we're gonna take an L just because fools gotta fuck it up.

https://youtu.be/IBOnbWw7H-o

I will say attacking random white folk doesn't help anything so we're gonna take an L just because fools gotta fuck it up.

You're never going to get more than 100+ semi-angry people in one place and not have something fuck up. Protests are intended disruption. In many of these, peace is the norm and the violence comes from outliers. The truth is people aren't willing to look beyond the outliers. If you have 200 people non-violently protesting and 3 do wrong, the entire protest is violent and an L?

Nah, that's bullshit.

It's the same bullshit that allows riots like the Ohio State shit this year to happen and yet they're all "good kids".

218.jpg

In that case, they even note afterwards, "oh, we probably should've arrested a bunch of people. They only arrested four people.

Quinlan said in his report that because police were uncertain beforehand whether they would need to make mass arrests, officers focused on protecting lives and property rather than arresting students.

"In hindsight, mass arrests were needed," the deputy chief wrote, claiming that crimes such as arson, assault and breaking and entering were observed in the campus area.

In the future, Quinlan stated, "An aggressive arrest policy with maximum charges (meaning felony crimes charged as felonies) will be in place."

Other police reports obtained by Northeast Ohio Media Group state that four arrests were made in the campus area following the game on charges including disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and underage drinking.

They did 12 in Baltimore with less property damage. Huh. At least it was better in the Kentucky sports riot this year. 30+ were arrested.

kentucky-riot.jpg

kentuckyriot2n-2-web.jpg

As a resident of the area, look at these Baltimore Riot pictures.

baltimore+riots.jpg

Oh wait, that's from when the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Sports rioting is rather normal. Oddly enough, tends to mostly be white people.

The truth is people are simply looking for a reason to check out, to move their attention beyond the problem. One bottle gets thrown? "Yep, that's enough. Violent thugs." So, it's not like those people were going to help anyways. It's a false dichotomy, similar to the "if you're not nicer to neutral people, they'll turn against you!"

Imagine getting stabbed. Real bad. You rush into the emergency room, but you happen to knock someone down. Before the medical staff will help you with your stab wound, they want you to apologize to the person you knocked down. Silly right? Fix the bleeding first, then apologize. But people want it the other way around.

You can decry small violent actions while standing in the larger protest, but if you first thought is "why are they so violent?" that's about when I tune you out.

You're never going to get more than 100+ semi-angry people in one place and not have something fuck up. Protests are intended disruption. In many of these, peace is the norm and the violence comes from outliers. The truth is people aren't willing to look beyond the outliers. If you have 200 people non-violently protesting and 3 do wrong, the entire protest is violent and an L?

Nah, that's bullshit.

It's the same bullshit that allows riots like the Ohio State shit this year to happen and yet they're all "good kids".

218.jpg

In that case, they even note afterwards, "oh, we probably should've arrested a bunch of people. They only arrested four people.

They did 12 in Baltimore with less property damage. Huh. At least it was better in the Kentucky sports riot this year. 30+ were arrested.

kentucky-riot.jpg

kentuckyriot2n-2-web.jpg

baltimore+riots.jpg

The truth is people are simply looking for a reason to check out, to move their attention beyond the problem. One bottle gets thrown? "Yep, that's enough. Violent thugs." So, it's not like those people were going to help anyways. It's a false dichotomy, similar to the "if you're not nicer to neutral people, they'll turn against you!"

Imagine getting stabbed. Real bad. You rush into the emergency room, but you happen to knock someone down. Before the medical staff will help you with your stab wound, they want you to apologize to the person you knocked down. Silly right? Fix the bleeding first, then apologize. But people want it the other way around.

You can decry small violent actions while standing in the larger protest, but if you first thought is "why are they so violent?" that's about when I tune you out.

that's just kids being kids. Who didn't do all that drinking and destruction at the same time between 17-20, then again at 21-29 then again at 35-50. You can't compare those things with each other

Nah, that's bullshit.

218.jpg

kentucky-riot.jpg

kentuckyriot2n-2-web.jpg

baltimore+riots.jpg

Amazing post there. you have to put it in the Baltimore thread

Nah, that's bullshit.

218.jpg

kentucky-riot.jpg

kentuckyriot2n-2-web.jpg

baltimore+riots.jpg

Great post..

Young Magus

Thanks for the post MHWilliams, good shit really.

Absolutely.

Watch A Better Tomorrow first. You might catch the feels in it.

Thanks will keep in mind

It would be simpler if people would just admit they don't care instead of bleating "violence is not the answer."

Where are they when police are being violent?

"B-But not all cops are violent guys. This is a 1/1000th case scenario that is over played out thanks to the media"
something like that

Rembrandt

Banned
It would be simpler if people would just admit they don't care instead of bleating "violence is not the answer."

Where are they when police are being violent?

trying to remember all of their good run ins with cops so they can tell us about how not all cops are bad.

You know its so crazy when people I use to work with as military cops defend cops as if they are all honest, do gooders, especially when a lot of our supervisors would always say shit like, "The dead can't tell tales" or "Make sure you have carry an extra weapon just in case you accidentally shoot the wrong person." Or just the amount of shit that gets covered up the military period.

i still can't believe how cheap Ex Machina was made for how great it looked. I need to watch that movie again or need the blu-ray version of it in my life with commentary

Shy

You know its so crazy when people I use to work with as military cops defend cops as if they are all honest, do gooders, especially when a lot of our supervisors would always say shit like, "The dead can't tell tales" or "Make sure you have carry an extra weapon just in case you accidentally shoot the wrong person." Or just the amount of shit that gets covered up the military period.
Jesus. that's really fucked up.

Trey

Finally watched Obama's Correspondence Dinner video. He's making jokes...but he's not joking. His facial expressions throughout are hilarious.

Spinluck

Speaking of cops (little off topic).

There are people on my FB who will link some bullshit about how some cops aren't racist and how black people shouldn't always resort to color when being victimized...

Of course these posters happen to be white (no knock on white people I love y'all), and these opinions/thoughts are from the shared materiel is from that token black person they use to get these type of opinions across because:

1. They're black and it must mean more coming from them right?? "All black people just have to listen and default to this one black guy cause they share my opinions."

2. They are too afraid to say it themselves.

If you are not sure what I'm talking about, it is similar to that video that blew up around the Martin incident. Where this black guy grills black people for supposedly ignoring black on black crime and only caring and a white man does the killing. Some of the white Republican folks on my FB (which is roughly 40% or even more of my FB- I went to private school in central FL!) shared the fuck out of that video.

This one video in particular had a black dude in a car talking about his run in with the police. He got pulled over for illegally switching lanes or something and then explains that he handled it correctly, and nothing happened as a result. He says that he didn't see it as racist and nor should we because God doesn't see color and neither should we. It's like bruh, maybe you should learn how to change lanes. I wanted to say something to my FB friend who shared it but I just held my tongue. Guess I'm used to it by now.

Some people don't really think about these things sometimes. It just seems really inconsiderate. Like, just simply indirectly telling someone that being black has no societal set backs. There are people who overreact for sure, and I do believe that good cops exist (duh). But it's just odd that people feel the need to share that crap, so passive aggressive. Hopefully Hilary wins so I can troll them all.

we can send millions of aid to Africa but cant help black folk systematically in the USA. Celebrities will fly over there taking photos with poor children but wouldnt walk through impoverished neighborhoods in USA

we can send millions of aid to Africa but cant help black folk systematically in the USA. Celebrities will fly over there taking photos with poor children but wouldnt walk through impoverished neighborhoods in USA

End all be all, this country is fucked. I just dont know how far the rabbit hole will go so I'll stick it out.

I plan on moving to Senegal before 40. I'm just trying to continue stacking my bread so I can be straight until retirement when I do. I'm so sick of the USA, but it's one of the main places for me to get paid for my field, so I'm gonna stick it out until I can bail out, because this country is fucked and will continue to be fucked for black people for at least 2-3 more generations. I wish more professional level black folks would just opt out of this country and watch the brain and culture drain begin.

I plan on moving to Senegal before 40. I'm just trying to continue stacking my bread so I can be straight until retirement when I do. I'm so sick of the USA, but it's one of the main places for me to get paid for my field, so I'm gonna stick it out until I can bail out, because this country is fucked and will continue to be fucked for black people for at least 2-3 more generations. I wish more professional level black folks would just opt out of this country and watch the brain and culture drain begin.

Switch that to Nigeria, and same for me. Already got property there.

jmood88

I have absolutely no interest in leaving my home to go anywhere in Africa, where things are just as fucked up but in different ways. If you want to leave, that's fine, but you're not going to find a utopia no matter where you go and you can't expect others to run to a place that's completely foreign to them.

Slayven

I have absolutely no interest in leaving my home to go anywhere in Africa, where things are just as fucked up but in different ways. If you want to leave, that's fine, but you're not going to find a utopia no matter where you go and you can't expect others to run to a place that's completely foreign to them.

What about the Negro Moon Utopia?

Young Magus

Is this the "america is fucked, I'm moving to Canada" portion of the BCT cycle?

Yep!
Tho I'm going somewhere else by August if everything goes to plan

What about the Negro Moon Utopia?

That was a dark time in OT.......9 I wanna say

MagusKen daps this

Except I worked in the embassy in Dakar for 2 years, so I know it's leagues better being in Senegal than it is here in the States. As corny as it sounds, it was the first place I felt both being black and free. It was like an entire weight was lifted off of me, and I was judged on my own merits, and the color of my skin played no factor. That shit is amazing, if you've never felt it.

Edit: If black people can get adjusted to the bullshit here, we can get adjusted to anything. Plus we collectively have enough money to have an expat community anywhere in West Africa and make shit pop.

All true. In my case, I'd be in a village away from civilization, going back in when I feel like, so different problem (just not very people oriented).

There is no utopia. But there's definitely a vacation.

jmood88

Except I worked in the embassy in Dakar for 2 years, so I know it's leagues better being in Senegal than it is here in the States. As corny as it sounds, it was the first place I felt both being black and free. It was like an entire weight was lifted off of me, and I was judged on my own merits, and the color of my skin played no factor. That shit is amazing, if you've never felt it.
That's great for you but that doesn't apply to everyone else and that's why black people aren't packing up and moving to random countries.

As for your edit, black people have adjusted to what happens here because this is what we know. We've been here for generations and understand what happens. That would not be the case for a large group of people moving to another country.

That's great for you but that doesn't apply to everyone else and that's why black people aren't packing up and moving to random countries.

As for your edit, black people have adjusted to what happens here because this is what we know. We've been here for generations and understand what happens. That would not be the case for a large group of people moving to another country.

Yeah, I've never really bought into that "better the devil you know" mentality to justify dealing with bullshit and then potentially raising children in the same bullshit. I'm betting if black people had the financial means and net worth, we could afford to not deal with the bullshit and would be leaving in droves.

esms

Nah, that's bullshit.

218.jpg

kentucky-riot.jpg

kentuckyriot2n-2-web.jpg

baltimore+riots.jpg

I just wanna say I think you're one of the best social issues posters on these boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom