• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's cool that he's apparently trying to change his views. The problem I have is that the onus of reeducating him has fallen onto me. Keep in mind that I haven't talked to this dude in years but yesterday I got a bunch of long-ass messages asking me my opinion about what's happening in Baltimore and how the problems can be solved.

I guess figure out if it's worth it. Like you said it sucks it's on you, it seems. Maybe just give him a reading list, I dunno.

Hey, just got back from a meeting, and...

giphy.gif

Damn it, a bunch of people got banned...

cdyhybrid

People survive posting about some serious shit in the OT threads and then get got for some Gaming-side fuckery.

God damn shame how that went down. People gotta know the rules though.

ReiGun

Where did they confirm this? because people tried to get at me for conspiracy theories....

Im not fucking dumb.

The CVS word came straight from the police. Still trying to find a source on the retirement home.

11009890_539075243777_3857482732014075293_n.jpg

Also worth sharing, this report on how the riots started. I think I mentioned earlier that they shut down buses and subways, particularly in the Mondawmin area. Well, they did so before schools let out, essentially leaving the hundreds of kids in that area who rely on public transit to get home stranded (Mondawmin is a pretty busy section of the city, especially around that time since schools are in the area and it houses one of the city's bigger malls).

So imagine a bunch of school kids, stranded with no way to get home or get to their parents, cant even go the mall to wait it out cause it's closed, and you meet them with police in full riot gear essentially corralling them into one area and charging at them because of some "insider tip" that gangs had formed an alliance. Gee, I wonder why shit popped off.

Does Fox own the rights to the MLK fortune or something? They just had his niece (Avenida or Avienda, didn't see, I was running) on. They even dusted off one of the MLK "violence by our black brothers and sisters is bad" quotes and conveniently left out his feelings regarding the effectiveness of violence prior.

ReiGun

Eventually, they're just going to build a robotic MLK to trot out to shame black people every time we do something they don't like.

https://hiphopwired.com/2015/04/29/cnn-refers-to-black-sorority-as-gang-members-video/

CNN sparked public outcry after the network referred to a historically African American Greek-lettered organization as “gang members.” The group in question, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc., is in fact a part of a larger society commonly described as The Divine Nine.

Following the Baltimore riots, an announcement was made that notorious street gangs Bloods and Crips had put their differences aside for the greater good and joined the protest against police brutality.

On Tuesday, as members of Zeta Phi Beta sat with poise at a Baltimore Town Hall, CNN anchor Erin Burnett made the grave mistake of assuming the women to be said Crips gang members.

“You’ve got the gang members right there,” said the careless reporter before her segment was cut.

Eventually, they're just going to build a robotic MLK to trot out to shame black people every time we do something they don't like.

"Now now, my young brother - this Publix is a symbol of the subjugation - of the immolation - rained down upon us by those who would reject our ideology of peace and representative justice. I highly recommend you venture to the Dollar General recently established two blocks down."

RedSwirl

Google Bill O'Reilly and Baltimore. Most of the results I'm seeing have him saying basically the opposite. What's going on here?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Guys, we need to make it to OT 12 before we can name it.

She was livid at a black dude saying nigger, while the councilman is riled up about the socioeconomic and judicial circumstances which would lead to riots.

Priorities.
we're skipping 12 since everyone might be banned for it.

Just finished my spring classes and went to a nearby Popeyes (that's like 10 minutes from campus, but I had no idea about until last night) to celebrate. Evidently this old retired Navy guy lost his wallet or something in here right before I came in, so he was looking around for it and complaining to management. As I'm sitting down, dude has the nerve to lean over ever so slightly and eye my pockets before he walks out. smh

Dereck

Just finished my spring classes and went to a nearby Popeyes (that's like 10 minutes from campus, but I had no idea about until last night) to celebrate. Evidently this old retired Navy guy lost his wallet or something in here right before I came in, so he was looking around for it and complaining to management. As I'm sitting down, dude has the nerve to lean over ever so slightly and eye my pockets before he walks out. smh
smfh

Truth is you saw the wallet and picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom