• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Gurl, you in RIVERSIDE and this is the weather that's bothering you?

Did you just move out there (I'm from out there)? Cuz honey...in about a few more weeks, your ass is about to get lit up by that heat.
Nah I've lived in riverside and corona for like 23 years of my life. I just never got acclimated to the weather. And lol it's not THAT bad out here Roy.

Woooo step mom is cray cray more than usual. Trying to talk to me after I get off work and I know she gonna try and voodoo me like she failed at doing to my dad who just jumped ship last week, way ahead of his plans

RedSwirl

I can't imagine living in one place for 24 years. I moved atleast 23 times in 24yrs that i have lived. The definition of a nomad.
Wish i had a more stable place.

I just couldn't imagine growing up in a place. Military family upbringing does that to you. I've been in my current location for 15 years though.

Numb

I just couldn't imagine growing up in a place. Military family upbringing does that to you. I've been in my current location for 15 years though.

Longest i have been in one spot is right now at around 5 years.
I usually used to move every 2-3 years.

CDx_5mUWoAE0GQY.jpg
google ad fail on Amy Schumer's comment on make-up

Shy

Once Upon A Time producers straight up white washing a new character. Latina teen then cut to a grown up white woman few eps later (even showing them both in the same ep)

Also Ilene Chaiken is showrunner for Empire so expect Pam Grier to show up sometime while she's there

I just came back from the protest. It was really well done, and organized.

That's cool. I kind of wish I could participate but it's not even on the news here, let alone a march. I also tried to bring up the subject during one of my debate courses but there's little awareness to none.

This case isn't going be seen through. We all know this, so the question is as a community what are our next steps?

One of my biggest complaints about the community is that we have little to no strong follow-ups in the face of aversion. We need to be able to rebound strong.

RedSwirl

Police are really trying to say ol boy broke his own spinal column and the media are entertaining it. Fucking hell.

At least one article I read (I don't know if it was USA Today) followed that up with the fact that the witness couldn't actually see Gray, but even the idea sounds like bullshit from the start.

Is this the convergence of everything Slayven?
335da82b6e_400x600.jpg

Jubilee from the next X-Men film. (remember, it's in the 80's)

EDIT: Note, the black coat is just for being off shoot.

e857132493d0322b.png

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Slayvenous thoughts have consumed me.

Come with me girl, let's make your family unhappy with my skin color.

Shes a mutant. Her family is already unhappy

The question is who is less of a threat. The dude who can become a laser, or the dude with the high melanin count

D i Z

Maaan, that girl is barely out of high school.

She's got the look for Jubilee for sure, and she's a dancer so expect her to be handling some action as well.

Edit: Can't actual confirm that she isn't STILL in High School or not.

Shes a mutant. Her family is already unhappy

The question is who is less of a threat. The dude who can become a laser, or the dude with the high melanin count
You know deep in your heart the answer to this question.

Maaan, that girl is barely out of high school.

She's got the look for Jubilee for sure, and she's a dancer so expect her to be handling some action as well.

Edit: Can't actual confirm that she isn't STILL in High School or not.
Shiiett...

BlackJace

Sheeesh a lotta gray names, it's getting tiring at this point. Threads like that make me wanna spaz on fools in there, but I always gotta take it was.

Hopefully the bans are short.

RedSwirl

MHWilliams. Bruh. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/why-do-we-love-fighting-the-power-in-fantasy

Can we discuss?

I feel like there have been certain recent uprisings Americans have showed solidarity toward, mainly the Arab Spring uprisings before they turned into civil wars, and even the one in Libya afterwards.

On the one hand, America is hard-wired to like the story of the underdog because that's its very origin story, but has trouble coming to terms with the fact that it is no longer the underdog. Movies and video games routinely have to write themselves around this fact.

D i Z

Jubilee wasn't shit until Generation X.

She was cool when she was running with Logan. But then when the team got back together she faded hard. Gen X was definitely the defining point for her though. I still can't get right with the de-powered Jubilee, nor the Vamp Jubilee. The fuck is all that bullshit. Now it's I saved/stole/adopted a baby Jubilee (which is oddly better than the last ten years of what they've done with her).

MHWilliams. Bruh. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/why-do-we-love-fighting-the-power-in-fantasy

Can we discuss?

I feel like there have been certain recent uprisings Americans have showed solidarity toward, mainly the Arab Spring uprisings before they turned into civil wars, and even the one in Libya afterwards.

On the one hand, America is hard-wired to like the story of the underdog because that's its very origin story, but has trouble coming to terms with the fact that it is no longer the underdog. Movies and video games routinely have to write themselves around this fact.

Of course we can discuss. I have no problems with that.

I find with distance, we're more apt to lean on the ideals we stick by in fiction, "these people have been wronged, so they fight for their rights/freedoms/lives". In real life, we're more apt to find a rationalization that lessens our involvement in matters. So you have people who love fiction heroes and their actions- which are usually illegal - but look down on similar actions in real life. In Amir0x's thread, there's not a single riot or revolutionary actions listed there that was loved by the mainstream citizenry at the time.

We like the idea of decisive, bold, revolutionary action, but dislike the practice. Until time has passed, bringing with it distance. The Boston Tea Party, the Stonewall Riots, these are just things that happened in American history, they aren't real events. When faced with those, much of the public actually turns in the opposite direction.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He ain't a damn genius... I swear, Ye stans deluded themselves thinking he was Quincy Jones or Prince status.

I'll listen to a Zaytoven, Mike Will, Shawty Redd, Lex Luger... etc beat over the "Pitchfork bait" Ye calls production.
Feenix, imma need a coli emoji for that second sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom