• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Mayweather fight went exactly I expected, I can't even get mad at people getting mad at him anymore. He's boring as shit to watch and you know how all of his fights are going to go, it's definitely the wrong word to use but I can see why people call him a coward. Doesn't help that he's a huge asshole.

Bubba T

My roommate isn't talking shit now that Mayweather demonstrated how he was the better fighter. I could taste the saltiness this morning, lol. I'm not even a fan of Floyd. I think he's a piece of shit actually, but most people know Floyd was and is a better fighter. People just don't like to see blacks win.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
At my old job damn near everyday an older white dude use to walk up to me and say "so you played ball?". Granted I would have a ham sandwich in one hand and a D&D monster manual in the other.
should have been like Charlie Murphey when that old white dude was shocked to see him and Eddie in first class on the plane and asked who they played ball for.

"No motherfucker I'm the president of the Black Panthers, turn the fuck around."

Lol at monster manual. I didn't know you played D&D slay, you used to have a group?

jmood88

Mayweather fight went exactly I expected, I can't even get mad at people getting mad at him anymore. He's boring as shit to watch and you know how all of his fights are going to go, it's definitely the wrong word to use but I can see why people call him a coward. Doesn't help that he's a huge asshole.
I don't know what people expect when they watch him fight or where they're getting their ideas of how his fights will go.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
should have been like Charlie Murphey when that old white dude was shocked to see him and Eddie in first class on the plane and asked who they played ball for.

"No motherfucker I'm the president of the Black Panthers, turn the fuck around."

This is still funny to me.

Shy

This came up in my facebook feed, you guys and girls might interested in it .
A new resource celebrating Black women filmmakers across the Diaspora.

yall play ball?

I don't think folks here play Polo
y8v8WUs.gif

Slayven

Lol at monster manual. I didn't know you played D&D slay, you used to have a group?

Never played, just collected a few books because I like the lore.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Never played, just collected a few books because I like the lore.
Yeah I used to just collect the books for the same reason. Really great lore to the gods, monsters, and playable races. I did eventually play a little in high school and now I play campaigns by posting online here and there (currently on my second pathfinder group here on GAF).
Gawdam.

RedSwirl

I asked my parents about boxing and they just said "people don't realize Mayweather doesn't just brawl, he actually boxes."

RedSwirl

Da FUCK at that Asian discrimination thread?? I knew I shouldn't have gone in there, and now I have two posts that I've deleted to keep from getting got.

I don't know what that thread is actually there for: to discuss the ways Asians are discriminated against in the US and how it's perceived by the general population, or just to take very obvious shots at black people.

Good response: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162538570&postcount=200

Wow, that article was pure irrational hate.

I don't watch enough boxing to claim to be an expert on it, but I do know one thing. One universal truth about most sports: you do not let your opponent come in and play the game they want to play.

Mayweather dominated that fight. Plain and simple. And now people want to talk down to his defensive skills like they're some easy out he takes?

Why would Mayweather go balls-out with a punk-ass like Manny? Clearly, he didn't have to.

I'm with you but Manny is no "punk-ass"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn, there wasn't even a gradual progression for Denzel. One day he just woke up with a soggy cigarette in his mouth and a black caterpillar on his lip. Probably slipped on a pair of khaki shorts and some sandals and went to the babershop to buy some discount cologne.

Numb

I checked his iMDB to see what he is up and nothing till 2017 and an announcement of The Equalizer 2 with no date. The schedules for most actors near his level are usually booked with no breathing room. What the hell happened to him i wonder. Have i been overestimating him all this time for some reason?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Denzel gotta story to tell you youngbloods if you would just turn down your music and listen for one damn second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom