• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread about the couple fighting over the name of their baby made me think of the crazy names I tried to name my son. I was adamant about naming my son T'challa for a long time then Aries was another one as well. My wife didn't necessarily have a problem with these names but she wanted something more simple. We finally decided to go with Isaiah. Luckily we didn't argue that much about that shit and the names weren't too off the wall.

Slayven

That thread about the couple fighting over the name of their baby made me think of the crazy names I tried to name my son. I was adamant about naming my son T'challa for a long time then Aries was another one as well. My wife didn't necessarily have a problem with these names but she wanted something more simple. We finally decided to go with Isaiah. Luckily we didn't argue that much about that shit and the names weren't too off the wall.

Should have stuck to you guns about T'Challa.

But then again you have one good time not to get him his cheerios and he will fuck your shit up and when you look into his 3 year old eyes and ask what did he do. He would look into your soul and say "What giants do".

akira28

Shark so damn. Damn near bit my fingers off eating this sandwich

lol, I love/hate when that happens. Like you're body is just like "nuh dog, feed me, if your fingers get caught it ain't my fault..." and you're brain is like...shit did that just happen? Did I almost bite my own fingers off? Damn.

edit: my kids will be sporting those future names. Imma try to see if I can get 2 wives too.

Went in to cop that samsung deal, and their special trade in computer was down. And across the way the geek squad was watching bootleg movies on one of the registers.

Did you give them shit for it? I ask because that's something you could've gotten away with and gotten something for. That's at my store, at least.

Nah I just left. I am going back tomorrow and say Beef said I should receive some satisfaction.

I mean, if what you said is true about Geek Squad watching some bootlegs, then your store might just laugh your ass out of there. My store might help you out, but your's clearly don't give a fuck lmao

Slayven

I mean, if what you said is true about Geek Squad watching some bootlegs, then your store might just laugh your ass out of there. My store might help you out, but your's clearly don't give a fuck lmao

Yeah I doubt it will survive if BB does another round of closings. Just grinds my gears.

Was everyone's first anime movie "Ninja Scroll"?

Shy

You mean actively knowing it was anime. ? (or as it was known in the uk, manga cartoons)

Fuck, that's a tough one to remember, i wanna say Akira. but can't say for certain, i was very young,(it was when they first came out in the uk) and didn't really appreciate it at first, stuff like fist of north star and ninja scroll grabbed me more at the time, i believe.
The 24 hour news cycle is the worse thing to happen to humanity. It breeds apathy
It really does, unfortunately.

akira28

probably captain harlock

some tapes my dad brough home from Erol's.

didn't see ninja scroll till college. naked girls, etc.

Numb

First anime movie i watched was some Miyazaki thing i bet. Watched Ninja scroll later and was awesome. Watched it again several times for some reason.

Crocodile

I guess the black in Denzel finally started to crack? I remember my Mom telling me she thought he was hot years ago. I wonder if she would still feel that way now LOL

Yeah I doubt it will survive if BB does another round of closings. Just grinds my gears.

The first anime I remember watching was Sailor Moon. I can't remember the first movie but I'm sure it was something on the Sci-Fi channel. Only thing Ninja Scroll is good for is letting me know who's opinions I can deem suspect.

Them: "Remember when anime used to be good. Anime like Ninja Scroll?"

Me: "You mean the movie where people were getting sliced up and raped every five minutes? You consider that a good time?"

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I guess the black in Denzel finally started to crack? I remember my Mom telling me she thought he was hot years ago. I wonder if she would still feel that way now LOL

The first anime I remember watching was Sailor Moon. I can't remember the first movie but I'm sure it was something on the Sci-Fi channel. Only thing Ninja Scroll is good for is letting me know who's opinions I can deem suspect.

Me: "You mean the movie where people were getting sliced up and raped every five minutes? You consider that a good time?"

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Yeah this post just told me your opinions are suspect lol.

G-Fex

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Yeah this is what I don't get. This is all I heard about a friend when he talked about that Ninja Scroll. I always thought it was pretty fucking shady him and a few other of his dumb friends being so entertained by rape in anime.

No thanks

Sou Da

Got my laptop monitor working again but god damn it's shit. I'm only gonna stay on here for like 3 hours a day now, need to start working again.

Get me one of those Smokey tier PCs.

Trey

Slayven reading bestiality webcomics now. The new movie Doom redesign affected him more deeply than any of us imagined.

jmood88

If you talking about the National Anthem it wasn't as bad as people are playing it out to be. Just them organs had to go.

Nah bruh, that shit was awful. I thought that I was just not hearing it right because I was in a loud room but I listened to it again and it was just as bad as I initially thought.

Nah bruh, that shit was awful. I thought that I was just not hearing it right because I was in a loud room but I listened to it again and it was just as bad as I initially thought.

Feenix your ears are on suicide watch breh.

He did a fine job, just the whole thing sounded fucked up due to the organ player not knowing what the fuck he's doing. Jamie himself did decent, far from the worst national anthem sung.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He did a fine job, just the whole thing sounded fucked up due to the organ player not knowing what the fuck he's doing. Jamie himself did decent, far from the worst national anthem sung.

Foxx's voice was on suicide watch just like your ears breh. Now I have an indication as to how much autotune that fool be using in the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom