• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I'm in the sticks, Slay..got a summary? Video ain't gonna play this sec.

Wait, "make daddy a sandwich?" That's the no no?
Old school barefoot and pregnant BS.
i wonder how long until people jump on this one

if he stays on screen for longer then 3 minutes for Civil War that's how long
This was a while ago, and people were debating if he was even in AoU.

i was wondering where rod got that from. shit never fails to crack me up when he says it.

That and "Women History Month" kill me

Solange dress look like it was inspired by Virtua fighter 2

tumblr_nnuo8u9Xi81qhrquyo1_540.png

This might be the one baby that actually destroys the universe.

Old school barefoot and pregnant BS.

This was a while ago, and people were debating if he was even in AoU.

That and "Women History Month" kill me
Guess I'm too old, bruh..that, and my girl pulls the reversed version of that shit lol. I'm sure dude will survive. He's got the honor of always having the perfect answer for whenever a woman attacks this shit.."She Hate Me.."

Merc_

Why do folks always try that "MEN CAN BE SLUTS TOO" crap? They know damn well that the word's almost never used against men.

Why do folks always try that "MEN CAN BE SLUTS TOO" crap? They know damn well that the word's almost never used against men.
Word!? I knew a dude who would fuck with married women almost EXCLUSIVELY in college..so bad, dude had a youngin wake up midway to plowing this child's mother. We called him NOTHING but a slut lol..dude was straight terrible.

Guess I'm off..in the minority, if you will :p

Infinite

What he did now?

I understand his feelings about the show, but sometimes you got to let go.

the tl;dr version is that he went on Bill Maher's show and said "I feel like Asian men have been emasculated so much in America that we're basically treated like Black women." Understandably, black women on twitter were looking for some clarifications on the comment because it sounds like he's shitting on black women to make a point about Asian men but he couldn't have meant that, right? Well it turns out Eddie Huang is a real asshole. He clarified what he meant but also proceeded to be antagonistic, dismissive and sexist to the critics of his statement.

Here's the storify

I thought manwhore is a common term.

I think the need to have the connotation man in front of that might be the problem.

Word!? I knew a dude who would fuck with married women almost EXCLUSIVELY in college..so bad, dude had a youngin wake up midway to plowing this child's mother. We called him NOTHING but a slut lol..dude was straight terrible.

Guess I'm off..in the minority, if you will :p

On the serious tip though there's a disparage regarding it because to sum things up in general it's more difficult for a man to get women to have sex with them than vice versa.

Merc_

the tl;dr version is that he went on Bill Maher's show and said "I feel like Asian men have been emasculated so much in America that we're basically treated like Black women." Understandably, black women on twitter were looking for some clarifications on the comment because it sounds like he's shitting on black women to make a point about Asian men but he couldn't have meant that, right? Well it turns out Eddie Huang is a real asshole. He clarified what he meant but also proceeded to be antagonistic, dismissive and sexist to the critics of his statement.

Here's the storify

Wow, why did he get so defensive all the sudden? They weren't even being harsh on him or anything (Well, they didn't start that way).

Edit: Holy shit, what a meltdown ahahahahaha!

Infinite

Wow, why did he get so defensive all the sudden? They weren't even being harsh on him or anything (Well, they didn't start that way).

Edit: Holy shit, what a meltdown ahahahahaha!

I'm surprised he didn't call them social justice warriors. Impressed even.

Crocodile

What the fuck is that dress?

BTW Lawrence O'Donnell is doing a piece right now about the evolution of the English language (specifically about the word "Thug") if y'all care. Not anything we don't already know though :p He's also calling out his fellow journalists on the word usage though.

This is actually a pretty impassioned plea, I'm surprised/impressed

I hate everything about twitter culture, people should engage in actual communication and more misinterpretations and confusion comes about from trying to have complex dialogues in 140 character snippets. its not what twitter created for and hurts those that use it as such.

Infinite

I hate everything about twitter culture, people should engage in actual communication and more misinterpretations and confusion comes about from trying to have complex dialogues in 140 character snippets. its not what twitter created for and hurts those that use it as such.

If this was made in response to the Eddie Huang story then what does twitter culture have to do with him making an ass out of himself? Pretty sure he could have offered his clarification without being a fool or he could have simply not responded at all.

If this post is just a general observation of the platform then I guess that's fair but I don't often see complex dialogues on the internet anywhere even where you can post more than 140 characters. Social media is ultimately what people make of it and if people choose to be vapid morons then all you gonna got is that. I personally think twitter is a wonderful platform and like a lot good causes and dialogues were facilitated in part because of it. But since it's an open forum that isn't moderated you will get garbage. It's the way beast that is free speech.

If this was made in response to the Eddie Huang story then what does twitter culture have to do with him making an ass out of himself? Pretty sure he could have offered his clarification without being a fool or he could have simply not responded at all.

If this post is just a general observation of the platform then I guess that's fair but I don't often see complex dialogues on the internet anywhere even where you can post more than 140 characters. Social media is ultimately what people make of it and if people choose to be vapid morons then all you gonna got is that. I personally think twitter is a wonderful platform and like a lot good causes and dialogues were facilitated in part because of it. But since it's an open forum that isn't moderated you will get garbage. It's the way beast that is free speech.

Its both, yeah he was an ass but after a bit so were the ladies involved. It stopped being a tool for communication and became an attack vector. Email not being a safe place for discussion? Trying to silence them by being misogynistic? Once they started acting the same way, in essence they lost the audience and now a lot of people who would normally been part of the cause will have tuned out. Remember, it takes the undecideds or those on the opposite side to come to your side to make changes, not just cheering form your supporters.

Slayven

Here's the storify

He fucked up from jump and continued on.

Infinite

Its both, yeah he was an ass but after a bit so were the ladies involved. It stopped being a tool for communication and became an attack vector. Email not being a safe place for discussion? Trying to silence them by being misogynistic? Once they started acting the same way, in essence they lost the audience and now a lot of people who would normally been part of the cause will have tuned out. Remember, it takes the undecideds or those on the opposite side to come to your side to make changes, not just cheering form your supporters.

If someone did the shit to you that he did to them, after you approached them about an issue you with their words regarding you as civil as you could and even giving them the benefit of the doubt from the onset, how would you have responded? I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah, shit got out of hand and cooler heads prevail and all that but I ain't even mad at the girls in this scenario considering they kept it cool up until he started being antagonizing and using all sorts of option selects to dismiss what the fuck they were saying.

If someone did the shit to you that he did to them, after you approached them about an issue you with their words regarding you as civil as you could and even giving them the benefit of the doubt from the onset, how would you have responded? I guess what I'm trying to say is, yeah, I shit got out of hand and cooler heads prevail and all that but I ain't even mad at the girls in this scenario considering they kept it cool up until he started being antagonizing and using all sorts of option selects to dismiss what the fuck they were saying.

Maybe its because i'm older and have been dealing with this shit longer than most of you have been alive but......

Attacking back undermines you more than you believe. Look at something in your own life less emotionally charged, when it goes from being proven wrong to a dogpile, everyone but the new aggressors tune out. We have to teach and convert these people not alienate them, no matter how terrible what they did was. Its like an unruly child, after awhile beating their ass doesn't do anything but entrench them further.

BYW, I'm not trying to come across as some old guy telling the ladies that they and you should know better, I just see it as a lost chance. And see how dsince we are not trading 140 character snippets how we are having an actual conversation ;)

Infinite

Maybe its because i'm older and have been dealing with this shit longer than most of you have been alive but......

Attacking back undermines you more than you believe. Look at something in your own life less emotionally charged, when it goes from being proven wrong to a dogpile, everyone but the new aggressors tune out. We have to teach and convert these people not alienate them, no matter how terrible what they did was. Its like an unruly child, after awhile beating their ass doesn't do anything but entrench them further.

BYW, I'm not trying to come across as some old guy telling the ladies that they and you should know better, I just see it as a lost chance. And see how dsince we are not trading 140 character snippets how we are having an actual conversation ;)

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying I don't have much sympathy for Huang here. The fact of the matter is the situation was approached civily first until Huang showed his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom