• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not! The more SAO the better

Scust...

Aincrad arc is alright for what it is. That would be the only part of SAO that I would recommend to anyone, which is the first half of season one. Right after that, the series takes a nosedive.

Caliber and Mother's Rosario are alright too, those are parts 2 and 3 of the second season. Just stay away from ALO, the second part of the fist season... GGO isn't interesting to me either.

By the way, I should have listened, Fate/stay night is definitely not for me... :lol

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
That show became horrible after the first few episodes. Such potential wasted.

My boy Mike keeps hyping SAO up and I just give him the look.
0Cmnv.png

Trey

41TWHV3NMDL.jpg

sorta leafed through this one. the book attempts to illustrate how blacks were historically portrayed in media as sexual, mindless beasts. And how their image is curtailed and leveraged even to this day. It also unsurprisingly touches on how hip hop culture shames and embarrasses its women, while black culture at large categorizes homosexuality as a condition of weaknesses. Generally, any solution to racism must be enacted with the grace of intersectionality, because the black community must become whole itself before it truly overcome the challenges that face all of the community. We're better together, basically.

What have they done to my dawg Yoshimitsu......

3's iteration is probably my favorite and most memorable. That was a sick Yoshimitsu.

I also just remembered that I once got suckered into trading Tekken 3 with Soviet Strike for the PSX with this new Jamaican dude that had just moved into our block. My brother gave me a srs beating when he found out about it.
(He went there and got it back, god bless my brother.

i can't wait for 50 years from now the annual burning of the CVS Baltimore in the traditionally black cultural event the likes of burning man, or that one burning celebration in "Imagine Me and You", burning of the pig on July 4th

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
JC would have let the hospital slide if they gave his current girl liposuction and breast implants.

RedSwirl

I thought we were supposed to expect wild from Yoshimitsu. Dude's designs have been off the deep end since around Tekken 4.

Persuant to the topic today... anyone feel that though we get "A LOT" of shit, black people are rarely (if ever) stereotyped as pedophiles?

Maybe it's because I look eternally youthful (and I am still kinda young lol), but parents (even total strangers) never seemed to be on edge with their children around me.

I used to teach kids when I was younger, actually.

RedSwirl

Really good video on racism from one of my favorite YouTubers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_hx30zOi9I

This is the most concise summation of the whole modern issue I've ever seen.

But, whenever I see stuff like this, I always wonder who it's getting to. There's a lot of good material out there, but evidently most of the people who it's supposed to inform either don't get exposed to it or deliberately ignore it. The Internet has made it easier for people to create information bubbles. I wonder if there are people out there looking for ways to pop those bubbles, like breaking into people's Facebook timelines or Twitter mentions or something.

andthebeatgoeson

Ahh, fuck this country.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7242720

BBQ Joint Offers White People A Discount, To Fight Racism

A Colorado barbeque joint called Rubbin’ Buttz will offer a 10 percent discount to white people in what it calls an effort to combat racism, KUSA-TV reports.
One of the restaurants owners, Edgar Antillon, argues that since both black and Hispanic people get a one-month holiday, so white people should be able to spend at least one day eating barbecue at their restaurant for 10 percent off.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Persuant to the topic today... anyone feel that though we get "A LOT" of shit, black people are rarely (if ever) stereotyped as pedophiles?

Maybe it's because I look eternally youthful (and I am still kinda young lol), but parents (even total strangers) never seemed to be on edge with their children around me.

Interesting you should bring this up. I remember a few years ago I was at a football game and this white toddler behind me starts tapping me on the head. When I turn around the kid pretty much jumps on my lap and starts hugging me. I was shocked, didn't know what to do and the parents just started laughing about how "adorable" it was. Well, I played nice for about 30 seconds and gave the kid back. That was one of the weirdest things I have experienced.

it's just one of those niches carved out, like serial killers, where the blame can safely fall squarely on the mind of the individual and not the entire group.

basically, we're not UNIQUE ENOUGH to be pedophiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom