• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok it's official for me, there's no way to rewatch The Blue Lagoon for the 2nd time all the way through, it's just too weird

also Falling Down will never not hold up

Jacir

First time watching a live miltary parade and I have to say that its fun to see. Dont think staying levelheaded is necessary when it comes to this type of propaganda, whether good or bad. Just knowing history and being personally in control is I think, mostly needed.

Anyone watching the Russian military parade? Even those who are skeptical?

Dereck

I've been looking for a new insult. I was going to back to buster .fuckboy just hits too fast for me.
ChMFNBE.jpg

Jacir

Thank God its Friday. Oh its Saturday already geez. I didn't sleep at all last night. Was on the computer the whole night. I need help. Time to shut down and wake up when everybody is going to bed. Fucking my time clock is my specialty.

I don't own a Wii U but I've been streaming Splatoon today and the music in that is fucking bonkers. Looks really cool too.

Speaking of this, I actually got one as a gift last week and I've been playing SSB4. It's amazing how small changes to the engine here and there as well as some additional, Melee-esque hitstun and slight buffs can do for characters. Ganondorf is actually out of ain't shit tier - I mean, he still kind of pales in comparison to some other characters, but he's not unusable like he was in Brawl. That being said, it has a handful of things that can get people heated.

List of stuff your family will unflinchingly attempt to kill you over with no regrets:
1. spades
2. the galaga item in ssb4
3. duck hunt dog's fucking exploding can attack
4. falcon / warlock punching someone out of their teleport (e.g. sheik)
5. falcon / warlock punching someone into a KO during the new credits segment

My boyfriend and I have been playing it throughout this past week, but took some time today to do some 1v1 matchups with characters we weren't familiar with. Pac-Man and Duck Hunt are ridiculously my style. I like all of the characters that play janky as hell (WFT, Game and Watch, ROB, etc.)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Feeling chicken today.

Don't know if I should drive 10 minutes on the freeway to cop at CFA or if I should just go to stater bros right down the street, damn.

Shy

I had to look up this choice because I'm reviewing III, but aren't they both racist? Or at least murderers of a specific subset of the population?
*With Iorveth (unless i misunderstood him) he's fighting for equal rights for non-humans, but in a militant way.

But with Roche, he's more of an "out of sight, out mind" style racist, but if non-humans try to change their condition, he takes a more overtly racist attitude.

And it doesn't help that his special forces group is founded specifically to go after non-humans. (if i remember rightly)

*i never played Iorveth's path, so i could be completely wrong about him.

FyreWulff

First cheat day in roughly a month. Bought an entire LC pizza to eat and a 12 pack of Sangrita Blast. Have a cute woman sitting in my bedroom playing Smash and wearing my Rock Band shirt without feeling like a sausage.

Today was a good day.

edit:

and now to slip into a carb coma for the next two weeks

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
First cheat day in roughly a month. Bought an entire LC pizza to eat and a 12 pack of Sangrita Blast. Have a cute woman sitting in my bedroom playing Smash and wearing my Rock Band shirt without feeling like a sausage.

Today was a good day.

that sangrita blast is pretty damn good

FyreWulff

that sangrita blast is pretty damn good

yup. like the little bite it has to the flavor. same reason i like code red. i'm 100% done with any form of soda once i get through this though.

I don't own a Wii U but I've been streaming Splatoon today and the music in that is fucking bonkers. Looks really cool too.

Got into the final test hour today. Nintendo did a pretty good job at blending objective play with deathmatch play, you actually get rewarded for playing to the objective in that game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Today was a good day.

edit:

and now to slip into a carb coma for the next two weeks
Right on, Fyre. Been helping a friend move all day. Looking forward to some relax time and trying some hard root beer.

RedSwirl

*With Iorveth (unless i misunderstood him) he's fighting for equal rights for non-humans, but in a militant way.

But with Roche, he's more of an "out of sight, out mind" style racist, but if non-humans try to change their condition, he takes a more overtly racist attitude.

And it doesn't help that his special forces group is founded specifically to go after non-humans. (if i remember rightly)

*i never played Iorveth's path, so i could be completely wrong about him.

Not a lot of that information on Roche actually comes out during the game. You mostly see him kicking the shit out of other humans -- basically just anyone who messes with him and his squad.

Iorveth is in a very militant fight for non-human rights, but openly says he doesn't give a shit about non-humans who accept life under human rule. If you read the books, the Scoiatel in general are known for being just as brutal as the people they're fighting.

It's one of the ways the Witcher stories try to paint everything in shades of gray.

Shy

Not a lot of that information on Roche actually comes out during the game. You mostly see him kicking the shit out of other humans -- basically just anyone who messes with him and his squad.
Ahhhh. cool.
Iorveth is in a very militant fight for non-human rights, but openly says he doesn't give a shit about non-humans who accept life under human rule. If you read the books, the Scoiatel in general are known for being just as brutal as the people they're fighting.
Yeah, in the game the Scoiatel came across as a end justifies the means group.
It's one of the ways the Witcher stories try to paint everything in shades of gray.
That is why i love the Witcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom