• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking for a bit. Figured you could use some reinforcements.

Where you're from - Norfolk, VA
Where you live - DMV
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black Y'all
Do you know your roots - North Carolina?
Favorite musical genre - French House
Depends on my mood
Your profession/major/career interest - Delivery Driver, Writer working on a scifi book.
Your religious affiliation - Atheist. Protestant family.
Hobbies - Collecting video game shit to fill the hole in my heart.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Pollo Campero
Popeye's

Trey

Where you live - DMV
What is your age? - 26
Depends on my mood
Your profession/major/career interest - Delivery Driver, Writer working on a scifi book.
Popeye's

Welcome to negrotown. What's your scifi book about?

Numb

Where you live - DMV
What is your age? - 26
Depends on my mood
Popeye's

Welcome welcome.

man that damn asian age scale. our videographer is in her mid 20s though, so...but all she wears is those traditional saris and stuff. If she was somehow an undercover freak...

this nigga gets blacker by the second.

I am terrible at guessing people's ages so i don't ever bother. I tried one time with my Arab friend and was off by 8 years.

What's your scifi book about?

It's called Ocean Black.

It's a space opera. Sort of the opposite of Star Trek in that humanity never comes together in a utopia and there are no Xenos. The universe has become so populated that a sub-species of humans have started to evolve. They resemble humans but are super strong and intelligent and have no ambitions other than to perform mass killings. Think wasps vs bees.

The main character is a "Space Dog". Think black beard in space. He retires from merc work to get into space pirating.Grabs a ship and a crew, starts making a name for himself, when shit hits the fan.

That's the gist of it anyway. Thanks for the welcome.

Mothers day = Ratchet Holiday

976dd66a801c8e84511e608e8469bb1b.jpg

Heh, just wait til next month

Yikes, I realized that I lost access to my college e-mail address since they changed the system and alumni do not qualify to use the new system.

Can I change my GAF e-mail to my gmail address in that case?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It's called Ocean Black.

It's a space opera. Sort of the opposite of Star Trek in that humanity never comes together in a utopia and there are no Xenos. The universe has become so populated that a sub-species of humans have started to evolve. They resemble humans but are super strong and intelligent and have no ambitions other than to perform mass killings. Think wasps vs bees.

The main character is a "Space Dog". Think black beard in space. He retires from merc work to get into space pirating.Grabs a ship and a crew, starts making a name for himself, when shit hits the fan.

I haven't read anything in a while and this sounds interesting. keep us posted new fam.

edit: stay up Feenix. This is just a bump in the road on the way to victory.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's called Ocean Black.

Sounds like Firefly.

I'm in.

Numb

something something is just a number tho... I mean college age is college age.

ah, I need to get back on my game. reasons.

Just don't get caught with girls born in 2000.
They may look old but they ain't. Just cause they in highschool don mean its cool

akira28

Just don't get caught with girls born in 2000.
They may look old but they ain't. Just cause they in highschool don mean its cool

hahah no, but I'm trying to justify hanging out with a 20 year old. I don't hang out at high schools except to be a role model.

when I'm closer to twice their age than they are to half my age, that leads nowhere safe.

Depends on my mood

thank god some countries kept disco alive after America tried to kill it.

Numb

If they're not older than the iPod just say no.
I sometimes see people born in 2001 who taller than me and i freak out and feel old. And im just 24.
hahah no, but I'm trying to justify hanging out with a 20 year old. I don't hang out at high schools except to be a role model.

I don't know what it is but i find it extremely difficult to hang out with people more than a year younger than me. I enjoy hanging out with older or people the same age.

Yikes, I realized that I lost access to my college e-mail address since they changed the system and alumni do not qualify to use the new system.

Can I change my GAF e-mail to my gmail address in that case?

As long as you registered with a good e-mail you should be able to contact a mod to change it. I had mine changed to an Outlook extension a while back.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Chipotle guac pricing is on some bullshit. It's up to a third of the price of a damn chicken burrito at $2.13.

FOH
That is insane. Might as well just make your own / get some + chips at the supermarket. Chips and guac is such a thoughtless add on purchase for chipotle too, they probably figure people won't notice.

I've cut down on lot on going, used to be a twice a week guy. It's just too expensive, like 14 dollars for a burrito, some chips and guac. I go now maybe twice a month.

Shy

Yo we got a man in need of assistance. Show some support

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1044145&page=1
As the thread got locked i'll post here.

I'm a sorry you're going through hardships Feenix, and i'm so relieved that you didn't end it all.
I hope this time next year you're back to where you were last year.

if you ever need to vent, or just need a cheering up, we will always be here for you. <3

I'm gonna do my best in the morning to help you out on your go fun me page.

Where you live - DMV
What is your age? - 26
Depends on my mood
Popeye's
Welcome young fam, have a great week.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Feenix brah you can't cash out now you owe me a pizza still in the future. Lemme know if I can help, glad your thread brought some attention to your need.

I'm quite decent guys, an actual friend let me stay in his house for the night while he is at his girls. He's moving on Wednesday so there ain't shit in it, but it's better than a car.

When I get my life straight Jack, I got you on the pizza breh.

Kreed

I'm quite decent guys, an actual friend let me stay in his house for the night while he is at his girls. He's moving on Wednesday so there ain't shit in it, but it's better than a car.

When I get my life straight Jack, I got you on the pizza breh.

Glad things are getting better Feenix/hope you never feel like you're out of options again.

Shit it's crazy that this Bloodstain game has reached past its goal in less than a day. When I walked into the thread and found out it was just put up today I went from.

<-- to
iMSSCwx.png

Merc_

I hope things get better for you, Feenix.

That Bloodstain thread is fun to read because it's such a perfect example of how full of shit most gamers are when they say Gameplay > Graphics.

D i Z

Shit it's crazy that this Bloodstain game has reached past its goal in less than a day. When I walked into the thread and found out it was just put up today I went from.

<-- to
iMSSCwx.png

I think the all day live stream was an under rated genius move on their part. Having him play games that were inspired by his work, with the game devs to talk to while he does so. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom