• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Why is life so horrible and who created a law that says we have to be alive to deal with it? Being Black in the gay community is a constant reminder everyone hates black guys. Sometimes i dont know why gay Black people exist if everyone wants a white guy.

royalan

Why is life so horrible and who created a law that says we have to be alive to deal with it? Being Black in the gay community is a constant reminder everyone hates black guys. Sometimes i dont know why gay Black people exist if everyone wants a white guy.

Because not everyone wants a white guy, sis. :(

At some point, you gotta realize when you're drinking the kool-aid.

It's the same in the lesbian community but black women get limited to almost strickly black and latino

Onemic

Shit if we're looking at the stats it's like that in every orientation. Nobody wants to day black people. Black women get shot in the foot the most though.

The funny thing is that there's some completely false myth going around that black dudes are somehow the most desirable race. You have no idea how many white and asian dudes have said to me that I have it easier getting girls because I'm black.

The funny thing is that there's some completely false myth going around that black dudes are somehow the most desirable race. You have no idea how many white and asian dudes have said to me that I have it easier getting girls because I'm black.
You're more likely to catch the modifiers depending on location than a Asian guy but yea it's kinda the whole "grass is greener" shiti only know about the above average limitations on lesbians here because I know/knew way more than anyone else at points. Serial cheaters women who wouldn't even try a black girls

BlackJace

Yeah I've heard the same opinion over the years. It's really baffling.

Merc_

It never stops being strange. Dudes never believe me when I tell them that it's always going to be white dudes that have it the best in the dating market.

andthebeatgoeson

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/10/1383179/-The-absent-black-father-myth-debunked-by-CDC

Considering the fact that “black fatherhood” is a phrase that is almost always accompanied by the word “crisis” in U.S. society, it’s understandable that the CDC’s results seem innovative. But in reality, the new data builds upon years of research that’s concluded that hands-on parenting is similar among dads of all races. There’s plenty of scientific evidence to bust this racially-biased myth. [...]
Although black fathers are more likely to live separately from their children—the statistic that’s usually trotted out to prove the parenting “crisis”—many of them remain just as involved in their kids’ lives. Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads.

And there’s compelling evidence that number of black dads living apart from their kids stems from structural systems of inequality and poverty, not the unfounded assumption that African-American men somehow place less value on parenting. Equal numbers of black dads and white dads tend to agree that it’s important to be a father who provides emotional support, discipline, and moral guidance. There’s one area of divergence in the way the two groups approach their parental responsibilities: Black dads are even more likely to think it’s important to financially provide for their children.

black-fatherhood.png

Now that that is settled, we can be done with racism.

And I say this as a black dad who does bed time routine 3-4 times per week and gets them dressed most days.

#imtherealmvp

I fully expect my future NBA players to thank me and celebrate Father's day more than mother's day.

Young Magus

https://realnewspaper.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/black/

The amount of ether this dude gave in this article is beautiful.

It's a work of art I say

This just makes me wonder who BlackLivesMatter is even getting to. Are the people who really need to see it just tuning it out, leaving an echo chamber?

My worries are the same,
It DOES bring some knowledge to the public sphere but it's still has a LOOOONG way to go, and yea seems like people who DO need to hear it aren't getting the message/tuning out leaving an echo chamber.

The troubles of social media.

Africanus

I can very much relate to this article, especially the underlying anger.

Yesterday, I was in my Physics AP class, working on some notes with a friend for an upcoming Precalc test. An average day. I was standing up and slightly leaned over. All of a sudden, this highly annoying (and color-blind, if not outright racist) white girl comes up to me and shouts out, "Hey guys, Africanus has a nice butt!" In the right circumstances and, a very different person, I may have taken it as a compliment, however in a more, ahh, scholarly environment it made me feel uncomfortable. She shouted the phrase three more times. Then all of a sudden, I feel a small hand groping my ass for a few seconds. "Wow, it's so nice AND firm. I just love how exotic it feels!" "It must be because you're African." I promptly went back to my seat feeling very uncomfortable and angry for the rest of the period. However, I couldn't really retaliate either physically or verbally for fear of being seen as a threat, and ai'm not trying to get suspended two weeks before school ends.

Perhaps not as extreme as calling innocent protests "hoodlums", but I can empathize nontheless with him.

Slayven

“Well, be careful,”I warned her, “he may not be watching you when he’s stroking & watching your Black boyfriend sex you
Shit that burns your soul

Second of all,” I continued, fighting off the urge to throw-up, “I don’t know your extramarrital boyfriend, but he’s a coward if he allows you to use the word nigger towards him in any way. There is nothing respectful about that term.”
Can't cosign this, erotic usage of words doing sexual congress can be a beautiful thing.

jmood88

I don't know how much of BlackGAF frequents the gaming thread, but I'd hope I could get some of you to weigh in on this opinion of mine.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=163609171&posted=1#post163609171

It's about black representation in games with character creators.
This site is not the place to discuss representation in games. People will always go back to the same tired, bullshit arguments when they have no idea what they're talking about.

It's a great article, but eventually our black scholars are gonna have to give up writing think pieces on why white people feel indifferent about non-white people issues. I stopped reading after awhile because I knew where it all led to.

You know why Dear White People was such a great movie, because it wasn't necessarily talking just to black people in the audience (as it does raise issues in the community like homophobia), but it asks questions about race to white people. I mean they are the ones that need to answer them. Black people knows why black people are discriminated against in America because they live it every day.

At least talk to the "nu-blacks". We gotta nip it in the bud

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I can very much relate to this article, especially the underlying anger.

Yesterday, I was in my Physics AP class, working on some notes with a friend for an upcoming Precalc test. An average day. I was standing up and slightly leaned over. All of a sudden, this highly annoying (and color-blind, if not outright racist) white girl comes up to me and shouts out, "Hey guys, Africanus has a nice butt!" In the right circumstances and, a very different person, I may have taken it as a compliment, however in a more, ahh, scholarly environment it made me feel uncomfortable. She shouted the phrase three more times. Then all of a sudden, I feel a small hand groping my ass for a few seconds. "Wow, it's so nice AND firm. I just love how exotic it feels!" "It must be because you're African." I promptly went back to my seat feeling very uncomfortable and angry for the rest of the period. However, I couldn't really retaliate either physically or verbally for fear of being seen as a threat, and ai'm not trying to get suspended two weeks before school ends.

Perhaps not as extreme as calling innocent protests "hoodlums", but I can empathize nontheless with him.

I think you got it wrong, man. You could have called her out and asked her how she would have liked to be groped in front of the class and not had any issue. Not sure how you would have been seen as a threat, unless that kind of groping is pretty common in your classes. Maybe that was her idea of flirting or some crap. Either way, you would have been well within your rights to put up some kind of protest and not just sitting down.

andthebeatgoeson

2nd amendments don't count for black people. You only get two seconds to respond in a heated situation. And the guy from South Carolina excused the officer so it's alright.

Africanus

I think you got it wrong, man. You could have called her out and asked her how she would have liked to be groped in front of the class and not had any issue. Not sure how you would have been seen as a threat, unless that kind of groping is pretty common in your classes. Maybe that was her idea of flirting or some crap. Either way, you would have been well within your rights to put up some kind of protest and not just sitting down.

Considering there were people in the class watching and actively cheering her on, I feel not. However you are right, I should have done something, I was just really fazed by it.

Slayven

Considering there were people in the class watching and actively cheering her on, I feel not. However you are right, I should have done something, I was just really fazed by it.

You got to flip it on them. Do what I do, slip into that slave speech.

"Missy, if the white man catches you I will be strung up but good!!! Get from around here with that, I am already in trouble for reading and adding sums."

I was taking a screenwriting class a couple years back, and this edgy dude wrote a script that included a demon taunting the main character with descriptions of his girlfriend sleeping with a black man. I was trying to explain why that was kind of lame and the class turned on me. I really don't think it's always worth it to confront people in the moment.

Man, I've always went up against a class when they act up like that. I wasn't going to let a bunch of dumbasses/jerkasses hamper my education. Either that, or hit up some staff; hold them accountable.

Then again, if I had gone to a HBCU, maybe I would have avoided that "one vs all" stuff, and done my work with far less stress.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah I don't agree with free range racist terms during interracial sex slay. In fact I try to stay away from angry sex in general. Not trying to end up in jail. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere in there about you loving white and Asian women though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Yeah, you should have done or said something. Can't let yourself be disrespected like that. If the situation was reversed, I am sure she wouldn't have been fine with it...or maybe she would have been. You know better than any of us what is going on. Just seems so random unless that is how your class rolls. In my college days we had a group that would be wild like that, but it was usually just foreplay for after class activities.

Slayven

Yeah I don't agree with free range racist terms during interracial sex slay. In fact I try to stay away from angry sex in general. Not trying to end up in jail. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere in there about you loving white and Asian women though.

Not everyone can live the Slay Way, it's cool.

Yeah, you should have done or said something. Can't let yourself be disrespected like that. If the situation was reversed, I am sure she wouldn't have been fine with it...or maybe she would have been. You know better than any of us what is going on. Just seems so random unless that is how your class rolls. In my college days we had a group that would be wild like that, but it was usually just foreplay for after class activities.

Same here. I had a crew, and some campus staff that had our backs if a professor acted up. In a predominantly white institution, and this goes beyond academics, you've got to have people that can have your back when things get hostile.

Update:

Still alive.

Helped my boy packing to move out, he paid me. Got a nice hotel for a few nights for super 8 prices (thanks hotwire!!) until the gofundme donations finally deposits. (Which once again I thank you guys so fuckin much you wouldn't believe it) Then time to execute my next steps.

It's just nice to be laying on a bed again....

D i Z

Update:

Still alive.

Helped my boy packing to move out, he paid me. Got a nice hotel for a few nights for super 8 prices (thanks hotwire!!) until the gofundme donations finally deposits. (Which once again I thank you guys so fuckin much you wouldn't believe it) Then time to execute my next steps.

I've had to live in my car in between homes. Not the same as not having a place to go to, but I know how much that fuckin sucks. So glad you get a place to rest your head at night.

Shy

Update:

Still alive.

That's good stuff Feenix. hope this is the start of where things begin to go on the up and up for you.

Slayven

Update:

Still alive.

keep your head up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom