• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
On today's episode of fuckery in the wild:

So, i'm at the courthouse and I'm sitting there reading my Kindle waiting for things to get started and this young man about 25 or so comes in and sits down. After a few minutes he turns around in his seat and says to me, "Damn, you're black!" i looked at him and just asked him if his life was so empty and sad that saying something like that to a total stranger made it better? How did he know I wasn't going to be the person that decides if he gets his next job, or that loan he needs or into school? I also said, remember today and the next time you want to talk about the "white man" realize that you do his job for him.

SMH...

Pretty sure you just created a supervillain. I'm picturing everyone around you staring at the dude. Later that night he retreated to his scummy apartment and made a costume out of bedsheets.

FyreWulff

The thing that sucks about harassers the most is definitely what is brought up - often times the "solution" is to get rid of the cause of the activity instead of telling the harassers to fuck off because people like to go "not my problem".

and the fact that you find enough people with enough time in their life, it's too easy to spend very little time on sending your harassment because you can just send a single email to multiple people at once, and all you have to do is find the single weak point to get multiple months of hurt on your target out of 5 seconds of effort.

Village

"Ay bruh, take this pic for the Gram right quick."

4cWyY1w.jpg

esms

I mean, let's rundown the definitions:

What the dictionary says it means - a violent person, especially a criminal
What it means when the media says it - dog whistle for rowdy black people not acting "white enough"
What it meant when Pac said it - someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them

There's just absolutely no nuance to any of these discussions in the media and, scarier yet, some people watching actually buy this shit.

Merc_

what is it about her and Anita that drives folks to be asshole.

They're women who have the nerve to criticize video games over social issues. The funny thing is there was a thread on Anita's videos praising positive female characters and it didn't get anywhere near the amount of posts or views that her videos on negative female tropes get. I honestly think that some of these dudes get off on hating the two of them.

akira28

confirmation bias, except all they're confirming is that they're assholes.

men who are confused and angered by women see a woman who has her shit together probably more than they do, saying things they don't agree with, and "threatening" to "bring" "changes" that they want no part of. Plus Anita's plaid + lipstick + hoops game is fierce, so obviously they get upset.

the other girl is having sex and that upsets some people because she could use that sex to take over the gaming industry.

the other girl is having sex and that upsets some people because she could use that sex to take over the gaming industry.

Are you referring to the person who was accused of sleeping wit industry people in order to get her game out or something of another? That is a legitimate concern if it is true because first and foremost it should be about the one who puts in the most effort and the most deserving.

RedSwirl

I mean, let's rundown the definitions:

What the dictionary says it means - a violent person, especially a criminal
What it means when the media says it - dog whistle for rowdy black people not acting "white enough"
What it meant when Pac said it - someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them

There's just absolutely no nuance to any of these discussions in the media and, scarier yet, some people watching actually buy this shit.

I need to keep a list of "favorite" posts linked somewhere. GAF should have that feature, just so I can reference shit like this in times of need.

I didn't realize Malcolm X's birthday was the day before mine. I turned 20 today, fam! Working a night shift until 5am, taking a power nap and then my bf's apparently got plans for me that last all day. Should be fun.

I haven't been posting a whole lot because he took two weeks of leave so him and I have been spending a lot of time together, but I've still been lurking. Probably going to make an avatar out of that "mixtape sub" Kold War Pack pic.

cdyhybrid

I didn't realize Malcolm X's birthday was the day before mine. I turned 20 today, fam! Working a night shift until 5am, taking a power nap and then my bf's apparently got plans for me that last all day. Should be fun.

I haven't been posting a whole lot because he took two weeks of leave so him and I have been spending a lot of time together, but I've still been lurking. Probably going to make an avatar out of that "mixtape sub" Kold War Pack pic.

Damn, you're young as hell.

Happy birthday :p

Numb

Happy birthday and young too. Found out i share the same birthday as Kimbo Slice which i find funny.

Way to kill my believe in that you were Malcolm X

Happy birthday Sub. Enjoy!
Edit: and also happy Birthday to Malcolm X and Toussaint L'overture. The world is a better place because of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom