• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

One time I put on a brown hoodie and got up to 60 :/. All eyes on me.

sand-people.jpg

Accurate description?

Crocodile

I could go only 11 pages into that NAACP thread before I had to come up for air. Rabbit hole got deeper literally every page. UNREAL.

Also, since when the hell was trans-enthicity a thing? Did I miss a memo? Way too many people are trying to sell that in that thread and I ain't buying it.

*gets back on gaf, checks the "WTF TODAY" thread. See's everything that happened today*

What in the world.

And its all real

Who pissed off a wizard?

I must have missed a lot of stuff because I've been seeing people say today was super cray cray. Link?

maxcriden

Again, depending on how deep you are in Stone Mountain, I'll be at the PlayStation Experience this Monday (towards Atlanta). Hit up the ATL Drought thread to see if anybody is setting a meetup again this year. :D

Sounds good, thanks for the info man!

I did end up going to the barbershop that I called and said they were ok with any hair. Walked in and a 40 something gentleman beckoned me to his seat and he ended up being a very friendly barber and interesting to speak with. Former Navy, 7th day Adventist. He was interested in hearing about Vermont. Gave me his card. Told me about how he came up learning white and black people hair and prefers the white because it's more of a challenge, though a lot of his coworkers don't like to cut white hair. $20 and I tipped $4. At one point a somewhat inebriated gentleman came in and gave the barbers he knew some cards and Coke and such. They seemed do amused and mystified by his presence. My glasses were off for the cut so if. I got any odd looks I mostly missed it. It was a good experience overall and I'm pretty pleased with the cut. Hopefulyl my new workplace is okay with the Nike logo on the back though....

RP912

Banned
When the drafts open up again I will negotiate for Spooky Black, We have already given away Stacy Dash and Raven Symone and we are barred from picking up Yelawolf....not that anyone cares.

I don't trust nobody with clown makeup tattooed on their face with an AK47.

That's a AK O_O?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
At times like this I wish Bubba Sparxxx was still rapping. Dude didn't get the recognition he deserves :(.
I still bump Ms New Booty from time to time. Whatever happened to Bubba? And Mr. Collipark? Isn't he DJ Smurf now?

andthebeatgoeson

Sitting here watching 'Beyond Scared Straight' and thinking about the kid who committed suicide because her dad video shamed her for doing stupid shit. And I'm sure the backlash is incoming.

If I could offer the dad one piece of advice, it's: get a Hollywood producer before you do that shit again. America don't like it when you do stupid shit on your on.

They have these kids on here, getting yelled at, harassed, etc. Nigga, I know a Maury show when I see one. They broke out the big black guys, looked like 'inmates'. Which had me looking like, woah. Had a few white kids but mostly black kids, probably brought by their parents.

Like, all of our knowledge, and yeah, yelling in the face of a kid will provide real change.

Then they broke out the 'inmates' that yelled how they would be their girlfriend or boyfriend. Cuz I really wasn't happy until they offended gay people too. The message is that prison is bad. Big angry black people will yell at you and intimidate you and you'll get raped or forced into 'the gay sex.'

We really need to check ourselves. How about we reinvision jail.

Africanus

It still amazes me how many black women on Tinder put "I'm only looking for white guys ;)" .

I just feel like drafting up a series of statistics to show them how their racism literally cuts their dating pool by a large amount.

So, i popped my head in to the NAACP thread, and bloody Africanus is trying to pull everyone's card that is under 21 on this chart. WTF fam. lol
I'm only a 4, 5 in the summer.
W2VlJJs.jpg
Face is a 26. Rest of my body is a 20 :lol
Side note: does anyone have any recommendations as far as sunscreen and etc? My skin discoloration gets terrible in the summer

This has been the year of "Everybody Wants To Be Black".

Iggy Azeala: Furst things furst I'mma realest.

Chet Haze: No you ain't n***a, I'm the realest OG, my daddy's The Last N***a On Earth!

Rachel Dolezal: Amateurs.

DominoKid

Sitting here watching 'Beyond Scared Straight' and thinking about the kid who committed suicide because her dad video shamed her for doing stupid shit. And I'm sure the backlash is incoming.

If I could offer the dad one piece of advice, it's: get a Hollywood producer before you do that shit again. America don't like it when you do stupid shit on your on.

They have these kids on here, getting yelled at, harassed, etc. Nigga, I know a Maury show when I see one. They broke out the big black guys, looked like 'inmates'. Which had me looking like, woah. Had a few white kids but mostly black kids, probably brought by their parents.

Like, all of our knowledge, and yeah, yelling in the face of a kid will provide real change.

Then they broke out the 'inmates' that yelled how they would be their girlfriend or boyfriend. Cuz I really wasn't happy until they offended gay people too. The message is that prison is bad. Big angry black people will yell at you and intimidate you and you'll get raped or forced into 'the gay sex.'

We really need to check ourselves. How about we reinvision jail.

BSS is supposed to be entertaining. Not helpful.

RedSwirl

Hold up,

Has anybody ever actually tried to do the Eddie Murphy whiteface disguise thing for real? Just to see what it's like to be white for a day?

We have drag kings who can convincingly dress up as men, and I imagine at least a few women have done that for short periods of time just to see what the world is like when people see you as male. Of course there's also the story of the Muslim girl who covered up her hijab for a while and saw the whole world change around her.

I just had another thought:

You think Halloween blackface has been bad, this October is going to be off the chain. Entire sororities full of bronzer and box braids, dressing like Rachael, trolling on a Super Saiyan level.

I can't believe people are defending her so hard.

I keep saying this over and over but topics about the flubs of white people seem to bloom with defenders and topics about the struggles of minorities of all types seem to either fall by the wayside or become graveyards of ignorance and derailment. It's an annoying phenomenon not exclusive to this board but all over the place.

EatinOlives made a great point in that thread about how people like to conflate struggles in order to seem more progressive but in reality, they end up shaving the truth down so it can all fit in a nice beautiful row and everything can fall under one umbrella. I don't see what's so hard about stopping defending something because you randomly gave it the same prefix and actually wrap your heads around history and context just for a second.

I'm only slightly miffed at Rachel's lies. At the end of the day she's just a wacky punching bag that should have known better. But the conversation bubbling around this not only with black identity but with people trying to tie it in to the struggles of gay and transgender individuals frustrates me more than anything Rachel's done.

Jacir

So I forgot to mention a week ago, that in the local newspaper) Hilary Clinton is going to start her campaign tomorrow morning at the Four Freedoms Park, which is on Roosevelt Island NYC, also where I currently reside at. I didn't read the article, just looked at the photo and put the newspaper down. I'm not in the know or haven't been following the current presidential race so...yeah.

Today, I just went through part of my normal excersice routine, by taking a walk all around the island. To the lighthouse at one end of the island then to the memorial on the other side. Preparation is obviously being done, with a platform, chairs, speakers and all. I didn't take pictures (I usually do when I go, especially on good days) because I didn't want to be suspect. People will need tickets to attend the event obviously which I don't want. Not much else I can say other than I know that main street wiil be hella busy tomorrow. Hopefully, nothing crazy happens. I'll make sure to wake up early and see what's up.

What if Rachel is Operation Caliphate in the flesh? A reverse Yakub if you will.
I'm only slightly miffed at Rachel's lies. At the end of the day she's just a wacky punching bag that should have known better. But the conversation bubbling around this not only with black identity but with people trying to tie it in to the struggles of gay and transgender individuals frustrates me more than anything Rachel's done.
This is exactly where I'm at right now

showed the fam and people are like "nah, she gotta have some Black in her"

showed them the before pics and they are like "nah, she gotta have some Black in her, her parents gotta have some somewhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom