• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

Don't worry Jacir, she'll pay attention to black people about as much attention as you paid her.

Hehe yeah. All I know is she's gonna have to deal with scandels of her own.

showed the fam and people are like "nah, she gotta have some Black in her"

showed them the before pics and they are like "nah, she gotta have some Black in her, her parents gotta have some somewhere"

Yikes.

akira28

people keep bringing up Caitlyn Jenner in that thread, why?

kid with a new toy, intellectual edition?

they don't know identity from sexual/gender identity to imposed or self-imposition approaching misappropriation of racial identity, or identities. How can you know who someone else is, if you have no idea who you are? If you don't know who you are, how can anyone else know who they are?

Slayven

kid with a new toy, intellectual edition?

they don't know identity from sexual/gender identity to imposed or self-imposition approaching misappropriation of racial identity, or identities. How can you know who someone else is, if you have no idea who you are? If you don't know who you are, how can anyone else know who they are?

I really wish I could see this conversation in the absence of that. I think thye would come up with something otherworldly stupid

akira28

I really wish I could see this conversation in the absence of that. I think thye would come up with something otherworldly stupid

Well when you think about it, the two different scenarios become exactly the same if you use an analogy...

edit:
or at least close enough that you can keep bringing it up again and again for your argument every 10 posts or so...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So, i popped my head in to the NAACP thread, and bloody Africanus is trying to pull everyone's card that is under 21 on this chart. WTF fam. lol
I'm only a 4, 5 in the summer.
W2VlJJs.jpg
My girl said I'm a 4.5 and she's 23 apparently. I'm darker than 4.5 ={

Merc_

That #AskRachel is giving me new life. I'm enjoying that the communities response is mostly jokes and clowning on her. It's a nice distraction from the fuckery going on in the gaf thread.

Furyous

people keep bringing up Caitlyn Jenner in that thread, why?

Their perspective that I do not agree with:

If Bruce Jenner feels he was always a woman then some people feel they can say there were always black and suddenly take everything that comes with it... This is funny as shit considering the whole police brutality thing.

I was so inspired by the transracial movement that I checked the I'm white box for a position in DC because I've always felt I was white (for purposes of getting past the wall for educated black males) and identify with my white countrymen.

---

On a lighter note, just had the freakiest gym moment ever. Chick sees me working out at the zenith of my power. Sweat glistening, muscle definition on one million. We lock eyes as she checks me out and I check her out. We both had the "if this woman wasn't here near us and people weren't outside we'd fuck" vibe going on. Oh well she has a man and I was cool because I had 20 minutes left in a 45 minute workout.

ReiGun

If they truly wanna make transracial a thing, they better be ready to come up off some of that white privilege. Cause I'm bout to change my name to Blake, load up on cake soap, and get me some of that while the gettin's good.

Infinite

Nypd continuing to demonstrate why they ain't shit. A bunch of young people show up to a roof party going on across the street from my house and they blasting nmusic doing their thing and shit. So I guess a bunch of squares called the cops on them for noise complaints and like 6 vehicles show up on my block with like twenty officers emerging out of them like they the locust from gears of war. I mean there was detectives and shit too on the scene. They break the party up and tried making the kids go home but the kids quietly protest by walking around the block. The cops trying to get things under control meanwhile my family is outside of our home chilling while the babies are playing. So one cop comes over to us and grabs my cousin roughs him up and tells him to get out here and go home. Like this guy literally grabbed him by the shirt and picks him up off his feet. My aunt and uncle saw it and they was not having any. They pop off and start telling the cop that's their child and that he lives here and not to touch him like that. The cop starts flexing saying shit like if you talk I will arrest you and that he's "from Texas". my uncle was heated at this point he got up and walked towards the cop while telling the cop about himself. This nigga had the spirit David or something. We all get up and like form a barrier between my uncle and the police and try to calm him down. He cools off and foes back to his seat but the cop is over there still taunting. My uncle ignores it and the situation dies down. Man I'm like relieved man this shit could have maybe ended far worse considering the track record of the nypd but I'm glad it didn't. I can't believe this cop said "I'm from Texas" in the same way niggas say I'm from the streets.

Nypd continuing to demonstrate why they ain't shit. A bunch of young people show up to a roof party going on across the street from my house and they blasting nmusic doing their thing and shit. So I guess a bunch of squares called the cops on them for noise complaints and like 6 vehicles show up on my block with like twenty officers emerging out of them like they the locust from gears of war. I mean there was detectives and shit too on the scene. They break the party up and tried making the kids go home but the kids quietly protest by walking around the block. The cops trying to get things under control meanwhile my family is outside of our home chilling while the babies are playing. So one cop comes over to us and grabs my cousin roughs him up and tells him to get out here and go home. Like this guy literally grabbed him by the shirt and picks him up off his feet. My aunt and uncle saw it and they was not having any. They pop off and start telling the cop that's their child and that he lives here and not to touch him like that. The cop starts flexing saying shit like if you talk I will arrest you and that he's "from Texas". my uncle was heated at this point he got up and walked towards the cop while telling the cop about himself. This nigga had the spirit David or something. We all get up and like form a barrier between my uncle and the police and try to calm him down. He cools off and foes back to his seat but the cop is over there still taunting. My uncle ignores it and the situation dies down. Man I'm like relieved man this shit could have maybe ended far worse considering the track record of the nypd but I'm glad it didn't. I can't believe this cop said "I'm from Texas" in the same way niggas say I'm from the streets.

did you get his name and/or badge number? file a police report. shit sounds like a threat to me.

Jacir

---

On a lighter note, just had the freakiest gym moment ever. Chick sees me working out at the zenith of my power. Sweat glistening, muscle definition on one million. We lock eyes as she checks me out and I check her out. We both had the "if this woman wasn't here near us and people weren't outside we'd fuck" vibe going on. Oh well she has a man and I was cool because I had 20 minutes left in a 45 minute workout.

You could've just finished your workout over at her place or your own or some random place.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If they truly wanna make transracial a thing, they better be ready to come up off some of that white privilege. Cause I'm bout to change my name to Blake, load up on cake soap, and get me some of that while the gettin's good.

yeah, you really want to go down the vybz kartel/sammy sosa/dried dog shit zombie road?

what the fuck does from texas mean? am i missing something?

Power had went out right as i left for work, come home to find out that the reason why was a police chase where the guy ran into the power pole knocking it clean down

also Africanus, yes you should watch The Black Klansman

Young Magus

Starting to see the NAACP news pop up on my facebook feed, and also seeing comparisons to........do I even gotta say it?

what the fuck does from texas mean? am i missing something?

Has "I'm from Texas" become the new "I'm from *insert gang*"

Next thing you know they'll have there own color and gang sign.

Slayven

why is it when slang takes a bit more ethnic turn on gaf, posters lose their damn mind? Especially when they usually end up using it.

Dereck

Tryna, though? That's not even some new shit, that's in the same playing field as gonna and wanna.

Don't understand slang? Learn something new

Slayven

Tryna, though? That's not even some new shit, that's in the same playing field as gonna and wanna.

Don't understand slang? Learn something new

Yeah only happens with urban slang. No one runs up into fighting threads and say shit like "3tkab half frame counter" isn't real

ReiGun

yeah, you really want to go down the vybz kartel/sammy sosa/dried dog shit zombie road?

Internet told me I could be anything I felt like, and now I'm feeling like a cis-het white male. Cause surely, if this woman got to be apart and benefit from the black struggle just cause "that's how she felt" (with the implied bonus of being able to opt out whenever), then I should be able to catch the "transracial" wave and enjoy all the benefits of white privilege.

...Or I'll still be just a nigga. Idk. We'll see.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

What guys are the women marrying/dating from the best man holiday movie? Sanaa Lathan is just too sexy to not have a husband or boyfriend. If i was straight she would be the type of girl i would want.

Someone should retweet that woman with a photo of Morris Chestnut, (who by the way is much more sexier than all other male actors) and his wife

BNmO8R.jpg

Kreed

What guys are the women marrying/dating from the best man holiday movie? Sanaa Lathan is just too sexy to not have a husband or boyfriend. If i was straight she would be the type of girl i would want.

Someone should retweet that woman with a photo of Morris Chestnut, (who by the way is much more sexier than all other male actors) and his wife

BNmO8R.jpg

Considering the woman tweeting the photo is the white woman who was pretending to be black, I think it would be pointless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom