• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

This year will be my first Gamescom though. Black journalist in Germany, fam.

I always wondered about the possibility of me making it "in" and eventually getting sent to Gamescom. Lived in Germany for a couple years and took the language in high school, but I'd still have to seriously bone back up on it.

royalan

30LUakj.jpg

Don't play me.

I'll take ALL your change.

akira28

Whose they who put on your makeup? Why not just go natural?

stage lighting or something, they told me. I looked like a zombie up close, but I wasn't reflective from a distance, I guess.

They need to hire some makeup artists experienced with black skin though.

Young Magus

Yo BCT,

If I had auto-renew on for PSN+ subscription and the payment went though BUT I want a refund as I forgot to take it off/I coundnt get on PSN then can I get the refund?

Jacir

I always wondered about the possibility of me making it "in" and eventually getting sent to Gamescom. Lived in Germany for a couple years and took the language in high school, but I'd still have to seriously bone back up on it.

Do it for the Kaiser.

stage lighting or something, they told me. I looked like a zombie up close, but I wasn't reflective from a distance, I guess.

They need to hire some makeup artists experienced with black skin though.

You are truly the walking dead.

royalan

... I have no idea what this is, but I like the way it looks.

It's called Mancala, it's a type of board game that originated in Northern Africa, and at some point became a popular game for urban kids to play while waiting for mom to pick them up from school.

The game is basically you place a certain number of jewels into each groove. The player going first picks a groove from their side of the board, picks up all the jewels from it, and then goes around the board, dropping a single jewel into each groove along the way. If your last jewel drops into a groove that has jewels in it, you pick those up and keep going. Your turn ends when you drop your last jewel into an empty groove.

In the area where I grew up, you got mancala (aka, won), when you rid your opponents side of all jewels (thus leaving them with no moves to make).

A very simple game at it's core, but there are some regional rules that spice things up a bit. Fun game.

royalan

Man, fuck Chris and fuck Karrueche.

She sounds enlightened here, but really, this is the same back and forth they do every damn week. And really, if you were over this nigga, you would have dropped him when you had to find out from the television that your "man" was getting back with his ex. Like seriously, seeing THIS on TV:

oHny0ai.jpg

Was how Karrueche learned that Chris was back with Rih (for that brief period). She watched the two of them cozied up together courtside, ON CHRISTMAS.

And you know what? The girl still stayed! Still continued to talk to him. Still continued to give him pussy. Still continued to let him do his dirt.

So you get no points awarded for trying to tell Chris off here, because it's obvious to everyone that nigga STILL has you hooked. Because if you was really a #BadBitch your response to Chris' bullshit wouldn't be all these damn paragraphs. It would be, "Zzzzzzzz...."

Gurl, Bye.

Mumei

It's called Mancala, it's a type of board game that originated in Northern Africa, and at some point became a popular game for urban kids to play while waiting for mom to pick them up from school.

The game is basically you place a certain number of jewels into each groove. The player going first picks a groove from their side of the board, picks up all the jewels from it, and then goes around the board, dropping a single jewel into each groove along the way. If your last jewel drops into a groove that has jewels in it, you pick those up and keep going. Your turn ends when you drop your last jewel into an empty groove.

In the area where I grew up, you got mancala (aka, won), when you rid your opponents side of all jewels (thus leaving them with no moves to make).

A very simple game at it's core, but there are some regional rules that spice things up a bit. Fun game.

Cool!

And while I have your attention: Soul or Gospel?

In this case, definitely gospel

My parents have it. It's a Nigerian board game. I still have no idea how you play.

I looked it up on Wikipedia and evidently it describes a class of games that vary regionally.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Yerah :/. Doom not really looking good in 2015. I think the grandfather of FPS games needs to retire.
It's not doom.

Killing enemies drops health.
It's not fast.
It's a corridor shooter.

It's call of duty with a doom facelift.

I'll see, but it ain't looking so good

you mean like in the Witcher?

I feel you.

like bethesda can fuck with the witcher series' writing....

can't even name a character in fallout 3 except for three dog (and that's because that dude never shut up lol). might have to play a female in this one tho because the dude's voice acting was weak.

RedSwirl

It's not doom.

Killing enemies drops health.
It's not fast.
It's a corridor shooter.

It's call of duty with a doom facelift.

I'll see, but it ain't looking so good

It definitely ain't 90's DOOM, but RAGE and Wolf TNO have me convinced the people in Bethesda's studios still know how to make good shooters.

Can't say I was at all pleased with the E3 news I heard today, aside from the Smash DLC I bought. Never liked Bethesda, Mario Maker doesn't appeal to me. Oh well, I'm happy for the people who liked it, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom