• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Ooooohhh, why didn't anyone tell me that Ron Christie was the undisputed KING Uncle Tom?

This dude is making a huge ass of himself on this week's Bill Maher.

FyreWulff

FYI the DLC stages can get randomly selected in matches with randoms on Smash. I don't have any of Smash 4's DLC but we played on Ryu's stage a few minutes ago

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can you explain?
Basically they showed all the character customization options including different races. They first started making his lips bigger then eventually gave him an African American tone. After that they showed the ability to change sexes (at this point the male original customized character who was black was in the background while the white female character was in the foreground) Just before as they switched back the the male character and started more gameplay they clicked the default button on the male character they selected and that changed him back into a white person.

Edit: and Roy how dare you ignore my dominoes challenge!

Shy

Fallout 4 killed E3. Day 1'ing that shit.

I may get the pip boy also...
I'm gonna get the pip edition. too......... even though i don't have a phone. lol.
Battlecry was tragic though.
yeah....... i still signed up for the beta though. :|
as if those previous non-talking dialogue trees were any closer to "back the fuck up or I'm killing eerybody up in here, cannibal ass motherfuckers!!!"
LMFAO
I just need no man's sky and nerds to be salty about Aisha Taylor then I am good
Why do feed on the rage of others fam.? lol
Ya have NNID's in here
Yep. quote to reveal.
If any you other fine ladies and gentlemen that want to add me, feel free.

If we're talking playable we have Agent Locke in Halo 5, bare minimum.

Actually, after Slayven killed all of those dudes in cold blood back during the PreBCT World Series back in '02* the project's been canned.

Ah, the Negro Leagues. Slayven couldn't even enter through the front door of the thread, but he was still the best. The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings of Culture Threads.

NNID is Wahrer.

Are the controls in Smash still complete trash?

Yes?

I'll be sticking with Melee.

roy what's wrong with you

the controls haven't changed between Melee and Smash 4

EDIT: you know you can customize every single button and use like 5 separate controller types right?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
She's legitimately unfunny live.

agreed but she's probably the only women of color that we're gonna see on a stage today. That alone has my respect.

edit: shit, probably the only black person in general.

Trey

Smash 4 is pretty good. Fun at least. Not as quick as melee, but definitely an improvement from Brawl. And the cast is amazing outside of the Ice Climbers omission.

If I were to get into any Smash scene right now, it would be 4. Melee is a better game but the community for 4 is fresher, and it's a game that's still growing.

Jacir

I finally caught up with e3 news. Just finished the Bethesda conference on youtube and I think they did great for their first time.

I like how they trolled the audience in to believing any of them would make the FO4 guy black

One guy was all for it, but was vetoed by the other 3. Gotta make a character the players can relate to.

Basically they showed all the character customization options including different races. They first started making his lips bigger then eventually gave him an African American tone. After that they showed the ability to change sexes (at this point the male original customized character who was black was in the background while the white female character was in the foreground) Just before as they switched back the the male character and started more gameplay they clicked the default button on the male character they selected and that changed him back into a white person.

Edit: and Roy how dare you ignore my dominoes challenge!

Yup. I sooooo wanted them to demo the game with the custom black character. The audience was mostly white unsurprisingly. Saw a few nonwhite faces in the crowd. Tho in the beginning, what was up with that one black guy in the Bethesda employee reel?

Jacir

Dishonored 2 trailer looked cool. I actually never played a Bethesda game before so the conference was a nice introduction for me.

Akainu

Ooooohhh, why didn't anyone tell me that Ron Christie was the undisputed KING Uncle Tom?

This dude is making a huge ass of himself on this week's Bill Maher.
I didn't even know who he was but as soon as he started talking I knew he was republican.

Slayven

tell us how you really feel hawkeye

avengers181-09.jpg

G-Fex

Doom looks like it has the most potential and it's pretty based from what I've seen.

Amazing how many silly uninformed folks on gaming side have probably never played through Doom. So much cringeworthy comments.

Slayven

Doom looks like it has the most potential and it's pretty based from what I've seen.

Amazing how many silly uninformed folks on gaming side have probably never played through Doom. So much cringeworthy comments.

It looks like modern Doom, what were people expecting? Now Heretic? You would need a genius to bring that up to date

Young Magus

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063106

Why does GAF do this to themselves every year (yes I saw the "verified" post)? I'm hoping it's Final Fantasy 7 IOS just for laughs.

Something about E3 makes people around here lose all sense of realistic expectations. Now watch how disappointed/upset they get when the predictable happens. These folks only have themselves to blame.

Reminds me of the annual The Last Guardian support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom