• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

It looks like modern Doom, what were people expecting? Now Heretic? You would need a genius to bring that up to date

People are seriously out of control with their high ass standards lol. Gaming side is whack and pretty insane.

I say this as a Doomer when I believe that DoomWorld of all places is probably better for responses than that thread

RP912

Banned
TWD_Michonne_E3_key_art.jpg

Hell's yeah.

Day 1. I still need to pick up Season 2 for the Vita.

Slayven

People are seriously out of control with their high ass standards lol. Gaming side is whack and pretty insane.

I say this as a Doomer when I believe that DoomWorld of all places is probably better for responses than that thread

Yeah it's E3 so unless it changes lives, heal the sick and blind, it is shit.

akira28

its so funny to see Peter Rosenberg where he is today. Remember when he was doing podcasts from his bedroom, out of work and high as shit.

I like how they trolled the audience in to believing any of them would make the FO4 guy black

Basically they showed all the character customization options including different races. They first started making his lips bigger then eventually gave him an African American tone. After that they showed the ability to change sexes (at this point the male original customized character who was black was in the background while the white female character was in the foreground) Just before as they switched back the the male character and started more gameplay they clicked the default button on the male character they selected and that changed him back into a white person.

Edit: and Roy how dare you ignore my dominoes challenge!

Yeah, I thought that was a lil fucked up. You know the default character got to be white.

Sou Da

Comcast is having a huge outage in my area, I called them. Asked when the internet would be up again. Dude actually laughed before he said 5 pm

Jacir

I actually slept thru bits of that conference. It went to shit in the middle. And im getting annoyed that there are too many guns in any game that is shown this E3.

ReiGun

That conference was Microsoft speaking solely to their base. If you ain't on board with Xbone, that wasn't going to sell you. Which isn't bad, but not terribly exciting.

Numb

That conference was Microsoft speaking solely to their base. If you ain't on board with Xbone, that wasn't going to sell you. Which isn't bad, but not terribly exciting.

I got the same vibe. Not a bad conference tho. Wish they did more to try and pull in more new users.

Pretty much, I'm very interested in Phantom Dust and Scalebound and Crackdown 3 looked cool, none of them were here though. The big first party MS games don't do anything for me.

Well that was boring. Nothing besides Cuphead was of any interest to me in that whole conference.

Yeah, I feel about the same. I know one thing though. These companies need too start showing more than some cgi trailers. The first one was good, but all the others didn't do shit for making you feel for the game. They had that shit in mass. With backwards compatibility I might get an Xbox One down the line so I can finally play Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Overall, that conference was weak as shit.

Numb

ReCore looked ok but it was CG and could be about anything for all i know.
They realized Cuphead was a dark horse last year and gave it some deserved time now.

Yeah, I wanted to see more of it. They teased us. They should've turned up the brightness on Gears 4 because it looks like in the thread, nobody could see shit myself included.

Numb

I thought there was something wrong with my brightness.
I feel like there were other more hype things they could have ended it with to be honest.

Is it that hard to get a good voice director in video games?

I don't know how hard it is, but having a good VA Director is arguably the most important part of VA. But just like Hollywood when Voice Actors catch some buzz, they'll get a ton of work. A few years ago Nolan North was the "it" guy for a ton of roles and now, thanks to TLoU, it's Troy Baker.

Numb

I actually slept thru bits of that conference. It went to shit in the middle. And im getting annoyed that there are too many guns in any game that is shown this E3.

Just be glad everything wasn't guns.
I had to re-check what i was watching when i didn't see COD as the first thing on a Microsoft conference.

Just be glad everything wasn't guns.
I had to re-check what i was watching when i didn't see COD as the first thing on a Microsoft conference.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Call of Duty for a second. Yeah, actually the absence was surprising. Maybe the franchise is dead now.

Trey

That's how all of these conferences are. If you're a Sony dude, or a Nintendo gal, you're not checking for Xbox exclusives any way - and vice versa. MS base is core gamers - the same demographic that Sony is working on and Nintendo is trying to court.

They tried to spice things up with that ludicrously priced Rare suite, which were games traditionally on Nintendo platforms. The BC makes the console appealing to core gamers by opening up the 360s generous library. It was a good effort, honestly. Let's see what Sony and Nintendo want to do.

ReiGun

That's how all of these conferences are. If you're a Sony dude, or a Nintendo gal, you're not checking for Xbox exclusives any way - and vice versa. MS base is core gamers - the same demographic that Sony is working on and Nintendo is trying to court.

They tried to spice things up with that ludicrously priced Rare suite, which were games traditionally on Nintendo platforms. The BC makes the console appealing to core gamers by opening up the 360s generous library. It was a good effort, honestly. Let's see what Sony and Nintendo want to do.
I wouldn't say all. At least, not entirely. Usually, at least for E3 they'll throw some kind of bone to people outside their core. The indie stuff was probably that bone for then today, but none of it really stood out.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

I mean honestly OT is pretty bad too community sections are the bees knees of gaf

Numb

Nintendo will do the treehouse stuff which i really liked last time. I like seeing hours of the new just announced games being played infront of me.
Sony better take it easy with that new boss who talked about Tv shows for 20 minutes last year. What a boring way to introduce the new big cheese. Should have been Reggie 2004 levels for him or something.

Trey

Nintendo will do the treehouse stuff which i really liked last time. I like seeing hours of the new just announced games being played infront of me.
Sony better take it easy with that new boss who talked about Tv shows for 20 minutes last year. What a boring way to introduce the new big cheese. Should have been Reggie 2004 levels for him or something.

Playing the games live and talking about them in depth is absolutely the best way to introduce new games to the public.

Numb

Playing the games live and talking about them in depth is absolutely the best way to introduce new games to the public.

Why alot of people chose nintendo as the winner of last year while Sony and Microsoft were having a dick measuring contest instead of doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom