• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBK

Banned
my rental standards are higher than that... i redbox'd The Last Of Us.
That just sounds like I want to save money lol. TLOU was well worth the full price plus the MP turned out better than expected. I didn't buy it on PS3, but looking for a digital copy whenever I get my PS4.

Bloodborne will get middle 8s I think. but if any outlets give it a 7 or lesser, there will be hell to pay. The Order thread is just preseason, Bloodborne is where the action will be at.

8s across the board is what I expect as well.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Bloodborne will get middle 8s I think. but if any outlets give it a 7 or lesser, there will be hell to pay. The Order thread is just preseason, Bloodborne is where the action will be at.

That's about what I expect .
However I think there's gonna be ton of people that don't like the souls games in general that will be very disappointed in it.

Booshka

From Software All-Stars, Miyazaki and Jun Ito are working on Bloodborne, so it should be amazing.

I actually think the faster gameplay will get more people into it. I know a lot of people barely make it through Souls games with slow paced Sword and Board, but I hear a lot of people turned off by that slower pace. Bloodborne looks fast, the way that experienced Souls players play the older games kinda fast. So, I think more people will be into it.

RedSwirl

Seriously why so many people are invested in it being great or being shitty is beyond me.

It's supposed to be one of the first games to really justify the PS4. It's like the Uncharted 1 of the PS4.

People don't see these cycles though. Those first "major" titles for new consoles almost always end up being mediocre. It's usually that second round of games that starts being good. Though, usually those games start to show up a year after launch which has already passed in the case of the PS4 and Xbox One. It's taking extra time and that's what's frustrating people and getting them to leap on top of games like The Order.

I still think this gen is gonna really get started though with Bloodborne, Witcher 3, and Batman.

Damn nigga

Hell, I rented The Last of Us.

I will never understand the people who preorder digital copies of games or pay full price for the digital version.

I was just about to say this. Dudes in the thread talking about how they pre-ordered The Order on PSN and can't get their money back now. What do these people pre-order based on?

Now, mind you I probably will pre-order Witcher 3 on GOG, but that's because I really like the previous two games (and it has a steep pre-order discount). I think I can count on one hand the number of games I've pre-ordered digitally, and some of those were with sizable discounts.

From what I understand we saw a bunch of pretty cut scenes and a little shooter gameplay of The Order before release.

Trey

I have played The Last of Us at a friend's house. I have no intention of ever owning or completing that game, but I respect its status.

AKKU9xx.gif

sunhi be doing the most.

How did you guys feel about District 9? I personally loved it, but I noticed in the Blomkamp Alien thread a lot of people were complaining about the Apartheid allegory being so overt and it being constantly "shoved in our eyes." I mean, it's set in an Apartheid where aliens replaced people of color as the minority and the titular locale is a slum. Are you expecting them not to show it?

I also wasn't going in expecting a balls-deep alien action movie, though.

Furyous

I will never understand the people who preorder digital copies of games or pay full price for the digital version.

*explains*

It's the same experience as buying a smartphone, new clothes, a brand new car, or using netflix. We buy stuff we don't need all the time. I'm preorering The Phantom Pain it provides a great psychic benefit for me. I preordered GTA V and was drunk driving within 20 minutes.

Fuck Bleach
Aizens coming back

Watch as ... I'll save that for the official Bleach thread later.

This iPhone 6 plus is gigantic. God, what have I done?!

... Stunt on these hoes? Pull out your 5.5 inch beast and laugh at these 720p ass niggas. There's nothing like smartphone swaggin on niggas. Oh you think you special with your fucking QHD 4 SOT smartphone? FOH and hold this Apple Pay biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitccccch *Big Sean voice*

So...any of you niggas play soccer?

It takes too much effort. It's too easy relative to Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Muay Thai, or Boxing. It's easy to pop shit when playing soccer. However, live people do actual training where they get hit because it builds character.

How did you guys feel about District 9? I personally loved it, but I noticed in the Blomkamp Alien thread a lot of people were complaining about the Apartheid allegory being so overt and it being constantly "shoved in our eyes." I mean, it's set in an Apartheid where aliens replaced people of color as the minority and the titular locale is a slum. Are you expecting them not to show it?

I own the movie actually. I love it and I do feel there are social commentary on it, but I did also hate the superstitious, ignorant, thug African who ate alien arms because he believed it will give him strength.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
it's not big, it's the new normal.

if you're gonna get an iPhone, might as well get the best one.
this is a monster compared to my 5

And here I thought phones would get smaller as time rolled on.
Still waiting on arm/Palm integrated holographic phones

*explains*

It's the same experience as buying a smartphone, new clothes, a brand new car, or using netflix. We buy stuff we don't need all the time. I'm preorering The Phantom Pain it provides a great psychic benefit for me. I preordered GTA V and was drunk driving within 20 minutes.

Watch as ... I'll save that for the official Bleach thread later.

... Stunt on these hoes? Pull out your 5.5 inch beast and laugh at these 720p ass niggas. There's nothing like smartphone swaggin on niggas. Oh you think you special with your fucking QHD 4 SOT smartphone? FOH and hold this Apple Pay biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitccccch *Big Sean voice*

It takes too much effort. It's too easy relative to Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Muay Thai, or Boxing. It's easy to pop shit when playing soccer. However, live people do actual training where they get hit because it builds character.
As always furyous wtf lol. You remind me of that dude mr. Chi city

Trey

good flick. Probably the best scifi movie of the last ten years.

OG Loc

Am I the only one who wants an Assassin's Creed game set during the Apartheid period in South Africa? Because I think that could work really well.

Or maybe a Far Cry game. Yeah, I'd really like that.

Am I the only one who wants an Assassin's Creed game set during the Apartheid period in South Africa? Because I think that could work really well.

I admit, I'm a little cold on Victory because I have no affinity for Victorian England. I treat Assassin's Creed like I treat Kamen Rider/Super Sentai: a core of competence, with varying levels of execution and thematic strength. If one year doesn't work for me, i always have next year to look forward to.

jmood88

*explains*

It's the same experience as buying a smartphone, new clothes, a brand new car, or using netflix. We buy stuff we don't need all the time.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not talking about buying things you don't need, I'm talking about people who pay full price to give up their ability to sell a game before they even know if the game is good or not. Paying $60 for a copy of a game that you can't get sell once you're done is just playing right into the publisher's hands.

I had a bunch of fun doing nothing but killing salve owners and overseers in Freedom Cry so I'd love a game like that.

depends on the game. i did it with BF4 cause i knew i'd play it forever. plus the $10 back deal meant i could get the PS3 version with a virtually free PS4 upgrade. 600 hrs of combined playtime on those versions so far...

akira28

We already covered that with a Halo/Drake game starring Wesley Snipes and Avery Brooks, guest starring 50cent.

Furyous

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not talking about buying things you don't need, I'm talking about people who pay full price to give up their ability to sell a game before they even know if the game is good or not. Paying $60 for a copy of a game that you can't get sell once you're done is just playing right into the publisher's hands.

I had a bunch of fun doing nothing but killing salve owners and overseers in Freedom Cry so I'd love a game like that.

For the record, I cannot condone your fun killing overseers in Freedom Cry on some Django shit. I have fun going to the shooting range in GTA V wihout getting profiled so that's my admission.

I understood your point and agree with it. However, preordering digital games is great for games with damn near infinite replay value. GTA V should last me through this gen. The Phantom Pain has at least 20 hours hidden content if prior MGS games are any indication. Ionno about the Witcher 3 but we'll see. I dodged a bullet with Dragon Age by waiting. Watch Dogs and Destiny taught me an incredibly shitty lesson on the dangers of preordering games based on hype.

I own the movie actually. I love it and I do feel there are social commentary on it, but I did also hate the superstitious, ignorant, thug African who ate alien arms because he believed it will give him strength.

Yeah, despite my interest in it they did need to cover more angles of Nigerians beyond "magical negro warlord." Dude was intimidating as fuck, though. I noticed on a repeat watch that Wikus can't even look him in the eye most of the time.

We already covered that with a Halo/Drake game starring Wesley Snipes and Avery Brooks, guest starring 50cent.

Stubbs The ZomBlade 2: You Don't Have To Do This On The Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom