• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Loc

For the record, I cannot condone your fun killing overseers in Freedom Cry on some Django shit. I have fun going to the shooting range in GTA V wihout getting profiled so that's my admission.

I understood your point and agree with it. However, preordering digital games is great for games with damn near infinite replay value. GTA V should last me through this gen. The Phantom Pain has at least 20 hours hidden content if prior MGS games are any indication. Ionno about the Witcher 3 but we'll see. I dodged a bullet with Dragon Age by waiting. Watch Dogs and Destiny taught me an incredibly shitty lesson on the dangers of preordering games based on hype.

Holy shit this. The big local gun shop is usually quite cool but sometimes I still get looked at funny by the "good ol boys."

I just want to shoot guns and make layaway payments on my shit.

Shy

I used my birthday gift one year on Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22. Stopped fucking with DBZ at that exact moment.
i remember going to pick that up for a my friend at the time when it first came out in japan 20 years, while i was getting clockwork night 2 for my saturn. it cost him 95 pounds.
How did you guys feel about District 9? I personally loved it, but I noticed in the Blomkamp Alien thread a lot of people were complaining about the Apartheid allegory being so overt and it being constantly "shoved in our eyes." I mean, it's set in an Apartheid where aliens replaced people of color as the minority and the titular locale is a slum. Are you expecting them not to show it?

I also wasn't going in expecting a balls-deep alien action movie, though.
i really liked it.

Yoooo!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FV-u5tvQC34

That Order thread! LMAO @ this video yo!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

andthebeatgoeson

Kotaku reviewer started off like he didn't give a fuck:

i said goddamn
Yo!

Mjlaugh.Gif

I might actually read that thread. I used to think we were over run with viral marketers. No, these guys are just that into this bs.

----
Listened to Black Star the other day while running. Twice inna lifetime. Lawd! I'm walking down the hall with the best in my head.

Search for a cast to plot, I make you a laughin' stock
So shook, I could walk a half a block and feel the aftershocks
Rain of acid drops, seek some help, now don't rewind
Get it the first time, shouldn't have to repeat myself

And knights of the round table as your protagonist. And I'm pretty sure women didn't have equal rights in 1886 London, but there is a female character in the game, but a minority? Can't relate, story lost all believability.

Knight of the Round Table? Even Arthurian Romance has more black characters than the Order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriaen

Sir Moriaen, son of Aglovale (one of Arthur's Knights) and a Moorish princess.

(this black history moment brought to you by Budwiser King of Beers and McDonalds I'm Lovin It)

Africanus

This is great!
Why is the Order 1886 so controversial compared to other games?
Is it the length? I never saw this much (although there was quite a bit) uproar over the last Metal Gear game.
Is it the console? I have not observed too much "port begging" for this game.
Is it the backdrop? Historical games have been made before, meeting with both great success and utter failure.
Is it the cinematics? Well I have witnessed more cinematic games such as The Last Of Us (although a much lengthier and fulfilling game).
Perhaps it is a combinations of all of those along with the hopes and dreams of many awaiting a spiritual revival of some sort from this game.
One that includes werewolves at the expense of blacks.

This is great!
Why is the Order 1886 so controversial compared to other games?
Is it the length? I never saw this much (although there was quite a bit) uproar over the last Metal Gear game.
Is it the console? I have not observed too much "port begging" for this game.
Is it the backdrop? Historical games have been made before, meeting with both great success and utter failure.
Is it the cinematics? Well I have witnessed more cinematic games such as The Last Of Us (although a much lengthier and fulfilling game).
Perhaps it is a combinations of all of those along with the hopes and dreams of many awaiting a spiritual revival of some sort from this game.
One that includes werewolves at the expense of blacks.

I think it's the perfect storm of all of those, ultimately boiling down to: graphically-intensive, epic-sounding title being released exclusively for a graphically-intensive, epic-sounding console being "the way games like The Order have to be played," only for Sony stans to have their hearts broken when what looked like their prodigal paragon of PS4 exclusive game design turned out to be a visual and audible spectacle for a whopping ~5 hours with minimal actual gameplay, staggeringly low variety or replayability for a third-person shooter, and ultimately compounded with a surface-level plot that has absolutely zero resolution or impact. All for a cool $60 USD.

Africanus

I think it's the perfect storm of all of those, ultimately boiling down to: graphically-intensive, epic-sounding title being released exclusively for a graphically-intensive, epic-sounding console being "the way games like The Order have to be played," only for Sony stans to have their hearts broken when what looked like their prodigal paragon of PS4 exclusive game design turned out to be a visual and audible spectacle for a whopping ~5 hours with minimal actual gameplay, staggeringly low variety or replayability for a third-person shooter, and ultimately compounded with a surface-level plot that has absolutely zero resolution or impact. All for a cool $60 USD.

I believe you may be right.
Ahh well, even as an avid history fan, this game never appeared too interesting.

I believe you may be right.
Ahh well, even as an avid history fan, this game never appeared too interesting.

We can only hope The Order: 2886 has Morien searching for his father with his cyborg Order pals, playing like a floatier Metal Gear Rising where he can slice incoming Space Spears in half and shit.

besada

Banned
Besada, I've been meaning to ask a mod. Within the majority of mod community does "concern trolling" really exist? I've been found quite a few times to be accused of concern trolling even though I gave a well thought out opinion. Am I wrong for going into a generally positive thread and voicing my opinion amongst something I believe? How do you feel on the matter?

Different mods have different feelings on it. If it's really obvious (for example, if you've spent the last three weeks shitting on a game, then you come to the OT and say, I'm really concerned that this game isn't getting a fair treatment because of <insert troll here>) then I'll pop for it.

But just saying negative things about something isn't concern trolling, in my opinion.

Not realistic. We all know they'll be in jail by then.

Damn, Beyonce Love on Top be hitting. How can Roy hate this song?

Roy's a gaffer first and a Beyonce anti-stan second. He can't just be into pop. He's gotta make you, your friends and your family know why Beyonce is shit, why everything she does is shit, and why her legacy will be rich, smooth, creamy shit.

<3

BlackJace

Woke up today, The Order Review Thread was 20 pages.

Went to work, class.

Came home, The Order Review Thread is now 133 pages.

I'm actually deadass confused

Watching the first episode of Empire...........
he just put his son in the trash can
. I don't know if I want to stop watching or continue.

Kraftwerk

Heartbreaking stuff. Three year old kid walked out of the house middle of the night, they searched for him and found him hours later. -30 weather here. Poor kid, they tried everything. This happened today in Toronto. Entire city is in a sad mood. Just terrible.

Elijah March

elijah-missing-3-year-old-boy.jpg

Young Magus

YO THIS VIDEO IS JOKES!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmXx2M1oVI

This The Order video is hilarious as well, it spoils the ending, but as you can see, it's not much of an ending to spoil, it's cliche ridden and hacky as fuck.

SO IS THIS ONE!
Dat Blade Runner and Snake Eater at the end.
They really talkin about ISIS.... how the fuck do you even....

post on gaming side brehs

Imma need to see that post.

Heartbreaking stuff. Three year old kid walked out of the house middle of the night, they searched for him and found him hours later. -30 weather here. Poor kid, they tried everything. This happened today in Toronto. Entire city is in a sad mood. Just terrible.

Elijah March

elijah-missing-3-year-old-boy.jpg

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom