• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

So it turns out Halo 5's Super Collector's Edition Xtreme is a $150 hike above the standard Limited Edition because of a single statue. Like, the Limited Edition ($100) has literally everything the Collector's Edition has (even a small statue!), but you get a small statue and a big statue with the Collector's Edition.
I used to buy the collector's editions and sell all that shit on eBay. I would typically end up making back the money I spent on the game, plus loke $50-$60 extra. I think I'll have to start doing that again.

Jacir

How does a FF7 remake even work?

Man there's so many question breh. I can't see it coming out this decade or on 1 bluray disc.

Nah, even though it's square, i think they'll have it out for the 20th anniversary in 2017.

I was wondering if a. the fight scenes will look like the old game, b. if this ends up coming out 5 years from now.

Step 1. Convince Square they are a JPG company
Step 2. Probably give them half of Japan Studios to model all the cities for them
Step 3. Make sure it comes to PS4 first
Step 4. Throw pixie dust at the audience (not my line)

Hopefully like the PS1 version, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really hope they go all out, 3-4 50GB blurays or 2 100GB discs and all. Seeing as the original is almost 2GB(I think), they should not release the game even tho the anniversary is near. They shouldn't release before 2017 at the earliest.

royalan

At this point I feel like Nintendo is just getting by making knock-offs of its own games.

Like those fake colonges you see in street markets. "Try our version of the popular fragrance, Acqua di Gio"

Slayven

At this point I feel like Nintendo is just getting by making knock-offs of its own games.

Like those fake colonges you see in street markets. "Try our version of the popular fragrance, Acqua di Gio"

Down here those fake colonges dudes will catch you on the street or parkerng lot.

andthebeatgoeson

It's $30 for the digital edition and $60 for a physical copy in a hard case. Same price as any new game on next gen consoles and the digital price is lower than most brand new AAA Steam games.

So...yeah. Not seeing the problem with people supporting something they've wanted for years by paying regular price for it.

The problem is that Sony could fund this if they wanted to make it. They know the demand is there for it. You're being used, they'll take 2 m dollar out of y'alls pocket and throw something at you 2 years from now and you're all happy like thank you, massa.

Yeah, that's kinda sleazy

"We already potentially have major publisher backing, but prove to us that you want the game by giving us a shit-ton of money! Then we'll make the game...and then charge you more money!"

But as sleazy as it is...gamers WILL spend money on this shit, so who can blame them?
I will blame them. Stop. You are fucking up. The industry doesn't have a stop button. I don't want to hear about Sony not having enough money. This industry mighty beer in deep shit if the leader can't flat $2 million dollars for the initial investment. Or, they are full of shit.

Kreed

what happened?

Nintendo Fans: "We want a Metroid game"

Nintendo: "Ok, here's a Metroid party game for the 3DS"

Nintendo Fans: :(

Nintendo: "Now let's have a 5 minute developer discussion explaining how the game you didnt' ask for works, and Mario Maker".

Numb

what happened?

Nintendo Fans: "We want a Metroid game"

Nintendo: "Ok, here's a Metroid party game for the 3DS"

Nintendo Fans: :(

Nintendo: "Now let's have a 5 minute developer discussion explaining how the game you didnt' ask for works, and Mario Maker".

Pretty much this.
Shouldn't be surprised they are saving the big hitters for the NX instead of the failing Wii U.

royalan

I said this before and I'll say it again:

STOP acting like Iwata and Miyamoto are the infallible saviors of gaming, and start demanding their heads.

Or give up on that company and let them die. Iwata and Miyamoto seem to be so dead-set on killing it anyway.

That was fucking bad......holy shit. My expectations were tempered but even that managed not even meet them. Star Fox was the only new game I'm interested in.
How struggle? Needs a few more months or full Devil third's?
Gameplay looks cool, but it looks like an HD Gamecube game in some regards.

Numb

It wasn't even on the same level as last year. Not a single megaton either. Being a follow-up to the fairy dust sony conference put it in an even worse situation.

#OnlyInTheGamingIndustry

This shit would not fly anywhere else.

This is often how a lot of KS/Indiegogo/etc... funded films and webseries are done as well. Reaching a funding goal proves to distributors that there's an interest in the project, so they'll pick up additional funding and distribute the final product.

Infinite

It wasn't even on the same level as last year. Not a single megaton either. Being a follow-up to the fairy dust sony conference put it in an even worse situation.

Nope. Nothing had the impact of Splatoon.

and the fucking Paper Mario game is not at all what I desired.

Slayven

STOP acting like Iwata and Miyamoto are the infallible saviors of gaming, and start demanding their heads.

Or give up on that company and let them die. Iwata and Miyamoto seem to be so dead-set on killing it anyway.

iwata and Miyamoto seem like the dudes that will bring up their scored 4 touch downs in one game in high school.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

It's never that serious. If Nintendo isn't going to make games in interested in I'm not going to spend money on them. Sony does a good job of that themselves so it's nintendos loss. I'm not so invested in either company that I care about iwata and miyamoto. No stock in Nintendo

Infinite

It's never that serious. If Nintendo isn't going to make games in interested in I'm not going to spend money on them. Sony does a good job of that themselves so it's nintendos loss. I'm not so invested in either company that I care about iwata and miyamoto. No stock in Nintendo

With that said, there's stuff I will be playing out of the conference but for an E3 press event it was meh and left me want that one megaton. It could have been metriod but they gave us something no one asked for out of that franchise.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Nintendo should have announced a kickstarter.

andthebeatgoeson

Watching this Star fox on treehouse, it doesn't look terrible. Moves real slow. Like, 64 slow but just seems slower. The turns, the looping maneuver. The combat looks okay but the stages look 'old school' or last gen. I'm assuming they'll polish it.

But sounds like a bad conference. Sucks about Zelda. Welp, after I finish MH, gotta fire up the PC.

Merc_

Man whatever. The games at the Nintendo conference look fun to me.

Same.

Also, it's the increased amount of female protagonists this year is cool except for them almost all being white. I expected that this would be the end result of the feminist push in games.

Africanus

The Nintendo conference had me laughing and speechless at the same time.

How do you lose all that momentum in just 1 hour.

Releasing Ryu on smash brothers, Earthbound beginnings, world championships, I was looking forward to a few big announcements.

The cheese of puppets wouldn't even be that bad if they had had more games.
They had developer segments drier than KFC chicken.
The ending was straight trash.

Compared to Sony's conference that wowed me, I left really considering what I just wasted my time watching.

Slayven

Platinum is spreading themselves a little too thin. I am excited for the new Nier game they are doing tho.

I thought they were tiny but they seemed to be working with everyone, could be interesting.

Fuck it, I am waiting for the meltdowns if they don't produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom