• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one underwhelming conference on Nintendo's part. But if I threw everything but the kitchen sink to save a console to no avail, I'd probably stop putting in the effort too. For the next coming months it looks like my wii u will just be my smash bros machine. I just hope they have better luck with their next console

RP912

Banned
If you want to be bored. Just experience it with the puppet gifs people are sure to use for years to come.

Square announcing Dragon Quest 11 could be hype.

I just seen the puppet gifs....guess I'll watch the Microsoft one that I missed. Skimming through the Ninty thread, dudes are fitting to run up to Nintendo headquarters like Reggie is Tony Montana.

Numb

Would Agent 47 be able to blend into any enviroment/job/costume if he were not white?
A black Hitman game would be awesome tho.

Same.

Also, it's the increased amount of female protagonists this year is cool except for them almost all being white. I expected that this would be the end result of the feminist push in games.

I'm at least glad H5G has four playable women protags and two protags of color overall.

That game Gigantic looked to have an interesting ensemble of characters, too.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
It's always baby steps when it comes to PoC's. You would never see a E3 where most of the game protagonists were of color like it has been with white women.

And when you bring it up they'll get mad at you for insulting their white queens. That's basically what that thread is.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
i couldn't finish the new game because the death scenes was unnecessary

Stop dying mang. The death scenes didn't bother me much. But they seemed a little jarring, especially when your enemy deaths aren't as graphic.

I never finished the new game either. Just seemed so repetitive. I think it would have been better as a episodic released game. But I have attention issues.

Jacir

Lol hilarious.

It's always baby steps when it comes to PoC's. You would never see a E3 where most of the game protagonists were of color like it has been with white women.

This ain't happening for decades, maybe even never. Unless there's an all black E3 of our own which would be interesting.

Would Agent 47 be able to blend into any enviroment/job/costume if he were not white?
A black Hitman game would be awesome tho.

I would assassinate people if this became reality.

And when you bring it up they'll get mad at you for insulting their white queens. That's basically what that thread is.

Meanwhile JC is in the background actually paying his child benefits.

KH3 looks fun. FF7Remake still isn't worth getting excited over until some actual gameplay is shown (I see you, Count). Glad Shenmue 3 is real so everyone can see it flop one last time. Star Fox 0 looks fun too, but no online multi was an (expected) kick to the dick.

Onemic

FF7Remake will always be worth getting excited over. Only thing that would be more exciting would be a Chrono Trigger Remake/ Chrono Trigger 3 with the same dream team. HYPE!!!!

BlackJace

bruh even Nintendo didn't like their conference. You can tell they are right in the transition phase.

Mario Maker is hype AF, and will be copping, prolly SF Z too.

Hopefully they have better luck with their next platform

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The problem is that Sony could fund this if they wanted to make it. They know the demand is there for it. You're being used, they'll take 2 m dollar out of y'alls pocket and throw something at you 2 years from now and you're all happy like thank you, massa.
But they're charging what you would pay anyway even if they made it without a Kickstarter. I don't see the scam when the prices are exactly the same and its finishing something super fanatics have wanted for a literal decade. Personally I haven't contributed because I'm not a huge Shenmue fan, but might grab it on release to finish the story. I just don't get the bitter "ya'll getting used, heh" attitude.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, that's kinda sleazy

"We already potentially have major publisher backing, but prove to us that you want the game by giving us a shit-ton of money! Then we'll make the game...and then charge you more money!"

But as sleazy as it is...gamers WILL spend money on this shit, so who can blame them?
In the very second tier of money you can pay, you get a digital version of the game. So no, you aren't charged more money. Let's not get carried away with hating on stuff that isn't even correct. I'd rather see it be a horrible piece of rushed nostalgia-relying bullshit and justifiably torn apart for it on release than people hating just to hate.

I don't know why I am even trying to defend Shenmue. I don't care that much it just rubbed me the wrong way seeing people have their enthusiasm put down for no real reason. Save that for the mentally troubled people getting loans and running out of food money to pay for something that has the same name of something they once liked. Other than that, contributing base price for this isn't much different than a pre-order.

royalan

In the very second tier of money you can pay, you get a digital version of the game. So no, you aren't charged more money. Let's not get carried away with hating on stuff that isn't even correct. I'd rather see it be a horrible piece of rushed nostalgia-relying bullshit and justifiably torn apart for it on release than people hating just to hate.

I don't know why I am even trying to defend Shenmue. I don't care that much it just rubbed me the wrong way seeing people have their enthusiasm put down for no real reason. Save that for the mentally troubled people getting loans and running out of food money to pay for something that has the same name of something they once liked. Other than that, contributing base price for this isn't much different than a pre-order.

...the second tier?

Merc_

I'm reading the Starfox Zero thread and lmao at the change in tone once it's revealed that Platinum Games is working on it.

Shy

Save that for the mentally troubled people getting loans and running out of food money to pay for something that has the same name of something they once liked.
Is that a dig at me fam. ?
Because i'm not bad enough to run out of food money and what have you. :(

I want a new Golden Sun. Dark Dawn, you say? No. I refuse acknowledge its existence.

Dark Dawn wasn't necessarily a bad idea in concept, just in implementation. Golden Sun and TLA being the games "leading up to the story we were waiting to tell" is an insane prospect, just one that'd be difficult to bank on using those awful-looking assets they had on the DS. Especially after GS and TLA were essentially babby's first RPG but with awesome graphics and sound (aka the type of games i typically love to hate).

DD's music was good tho

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
...the second tier?
The second tier is 29 dollars for a digital copy. The first tier is 5 dollars for "our thanks and poll participation.". Idk why anyone would waste their time with that.
Is that a dig at me fam. ?
Because i'm not bad enough to run out of food money and what have you. :(
I know you're not, Shy. I saw you mention it as disposable income. But not everyone on GAF is as level-headed.

royalan

The second tier is 29 dollars for a digital copy. The first tier is 5 dollars for "our thanks and poll participation.". Idk why anyone would waste their time with that.
I know you're not, Shy. I saw you mention it as disposable income. But not everyone on GAF is as level-headed.

So, there's still a tier where people can "donate" to this project...and get nothing?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yea that is the pat on the head tier.
Dark Dawn wasn't necessarily a bad idea in concept, just in implementation. Golden Sun and TLA being the games "leading up to the story we were waiting to tell" is an insane prospect, just one that'd be difficult to bank on using those awful-looking assets they had on the DS. Especially after GS and TLA were essentially babby's first RPG but with awesome graphics and sound (aka the type of games i typically love to hate).

DD's music was good tho
The first two are in my all time top favorites for the music, deceptively addictive battle system, as well as the unique setting and world. Additionally the dungeon puzzles actually felt good to solve which is rarity in my experience. It might help that it came at the right time in my gaming experience, just as I was branching out from stuff like Final Fantasy. Do you have any recommendations of your favorite games of a similar type?

The assets and characters for Dark Dawn incredible in just how terrible they came off. I haven't finished the game because of this and doubt I ever will.

Yea that is the pat on the head tier.The first two are in my all time top favorites for the music, deceptively addictive battle system, as well as the unique setting and world. Additionally the dungeon puzzles actually felt good to solve which is rarity in my experience. It might help that it came at the right time in my gaming experience, just as I was branching out from stuff like Final Fantasy. Do you have any recommendations of your favorite games of a similar type?

The assets and characters for Dark Dawn incredible in just how terrible they came off. I haven't finished the game because of this and doubt I ever will.

Yeah, I never finished DD, I kinda fell off after the first "point of no return" section. Coincidentally though I actually fell off RPGs save for the occasional Pokemon after Golden Sun when I was younger, so I couldn't give you any other games that occupy a similar niche.

EDIT: I can give you some of that Calm Wind Project tho

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why does Nintendo hate online functionality so much? Even when they do have it in a game it's fucking buried in a dumb system like friend codes or other frustrating bullshit.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Why does Nintendo hate online functionality so much? Even when they do have it in a game it's fucking buried in a dumb system like friend codes or other frustrating bullshit.
That's been gone for years man. Never played Mario kart? Ok ok, you're right. That's one good online game in a hundred other games. Lol, even Mario kart is lacking necessary online features.

Merc_

I don't mind them. I *do* mind the lack of online multi. Didn't take long for people to jump through hoops to justify it, either.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that it wasn't going to be in there. Uh, I hope that game has a good number of missions or isn't full price because damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom