• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Moesha was shitty, Moesha always preached at people when she stayed fucking up.
TesRI4q.png

Order

The only thing about Moesha I remember is the little brother getting kidnapped and that story was never finished. The theme song was good too.

The Parkers is my shit. I watch it whenever it's on. RIP Andell

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Night shift work is cool but man I am lonely as hell outside of work. No one is awake when I am so I don't know what to do with my time off besides work out and play video games. I wake up to like 6 texts and a missed call "Jackben where you @". I remind people multiple times I work nights and sleep days and they forget every weekend. When I get outta work the weather looks so nice for a day at the pool but by then it's time for bed. I'm becoming a vampire hermit.

At least I finally finished the Witcher, loaded up the sequel and the combat is so much better than the first.

Moesha was shitty, Moesha always preached at people when she stayed fucking up.
RIGHT!?

She was a fucked up friend to Kim most of the time!
I liked Moesha, but can y'all remind me how she was hyprocritical, because I don't remember and I was just watching it on YouTube back in January.

Slayven said:
And Q wasn't shit.
I agree. I don't like Q either. She ended up with the right one.

I dated a girl that looked like Nikki Parker once...
I hope it was this Nikki Parker.
92052694105eea23a770317969eef789c0f8cdca9bad83481ef2b132c6726f59_large

Nicole-Ari-Parker-photo-wallpaper-1.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
Now that I know that Dreams still checks in here, that singer I alerted you to awhile back has a new song out, and it's one of my favorite songs of the year.

Unstoppable

We9HnCO.gif

Yep.

both flawless and hypnotizing.

*bookmarks*

Damn it...where do they build them like this. They aren't in SoFla.

edit: and why have I never heard of AfroPunk Fest??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUGGLTEImg

edit: damn, Esperanza may have to step to the side.

edit: and she can teach me how to play my guitar

edit: and this accent! *melted*

lol what the fuck is this comment

Yep.

Amazing

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I liked Moesha, but can y'all remind me how she was hyprocritical, because I don't remember and I was just watching it on YouTube back in January.
So many reasons. The thing where she didn't want that free car because it wasn't fly enough, the whole Dorian storyline, and how she didn't want to accept tutoring for that class she was failing just because she was too proud.

Yet she always took the opportunity to slam the people around her like she knew better all the time. Reigun is right, IRL she would have few friends.

Trey

Posting for me has never been easier. I ignore most threads completely. Never felt the need to vacate the forum - hope y'all find peace of mind if you do.

esms

Posting for me has never been easier. I ignore most threads completely. Never felt the need to vacate the forum - hope y'all find peace of mind if you do.

One of the same, you and I. Sometimes it's more reasonable to just read the shitposts and throw your head back in laughter rather than responding to it.

Jacir

Had a long day today so I was barely online.

It looks official enough. No reports. Guess I can check the local memphis news sites

Edit: Shot fired at Memphis church

Apparently this happened before the Charleston Shooting

Seems true: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/sho...urs-after-terrorist-kills-nine-in-charleston/

No one was around or even knew when it had happened though so thankfully it's not a follow up shooting

This is great to know no one was hurt. Thanks for the links.

I was going to post about this politically issued episode of Soul Food I'm watching right now, but going with the post above, the addition of it might be a bit too heavy.

RP912

Banned

I agree. I don't like Q either. She ended up with the right one.

I hope it was this Nikki Parker.
92052694105eea23a770317969eef789c0f8cdca9bad83481ef2b132c6726f59_large

Nicole-Ari-Parker-photo-wallpaper-1.jpg

Unfortunately not that one but I did date a girl that looked like a thicker version this particular one. Crazy as cat shit too :/

Shy

Not in the slightest..but I gotta push forward. Thought coming bank would help "normalize" things a bit. Testing the waters, so to speak. I'll get into it another time/place. Thanks though :)
Damm.Sorry to hear that.
Well, if you want to share, we'll be here for ya. <3

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
man, this old thread

I'm expecting Namor to fuck with BP again. And since Namor is never humbled and never shuts up, BP's gonna kill him.

Someone is going to run out of pity, whether it be BP, a hulk , DOOM, Reed on a bad day, Someone. And he is die. And it is going to be played as some event in the comics, and no one will care.

lol

As a point of comparison.

Here is an example of a common racial stereotype (murderers are black people) that actually has some statistical evidence to support it (it is actually true that black people are more likely to commit murder than white people, both in absolute and especially in relative terms).

And yet, despite the fact that this stereotype has some evidence to support it, we all agree that it's not okay to apply the stereotype uniformly or say things like "Just as I expected, the murderer is a black guy. What a surprise."

Similarly, there may be evidence to support the notion that rural white men / police are more likely to be racist, but it's not okay to apply that stereotype uniformly or say things like "Just as I expected, the police officer is a redneck looking white dude."

Both are not okay. That's the point of the comparison.

See you on a different site

Opiate

Hahah! The problem is his comparison totally undermined the history of racism. Not all prejudices are equal, and some are born from others. smh

I'm not suggesting all prejudices are equal. I am suggesting all prejudices are bad.

I absolutely agree that prejudice against blacks -- particularly in the US, but also worldwide -- has been more widespread than prejudice against rural white americans.

That doesn't make one okay and the other not. Both are bad.

See you on a different site

And what site would that be?

I'm not suggesting all prejudices are equal. I am suggesting all prejudices are bad.

I absolutely agree that prejudice against blacks -- particularly in the US, but also worldwide -- has been more widespread than prejudice against rural white americans.

And what site would that be?

Something more lighthearted, I need a break

Sometimes simply acknowledging that one is worse than the other is enough. It doesn't condone anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom