• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Stingy roommate, jandro. He's an eectric bill nazi constantly bitching about the air being on. Fucking dumbass. I should close the vents in his room.

akira28

Stingy roommate, jandro. He's an eectric bill nazi constantly bitching about the air being on. Fucking dumbass. I should close the vents in his room.

no, just get some cardboard, and slip it behind the vents and block all his central air.

"it's getting hot in here(so hot)...and nothing seems to help"

EloquentM

aka Mannny

ReiGun

Lindsay Graham trying to say the SC shooting was an attack on Christians.

I'm like...this nigga...
What is it with Christians and other privileged groups that makes them want to be oppressed sooooooooo bad?

:/ yeah sounds like my short time at Wally World (Walmart). Fuck retail...
My sister works there and the stories she tells me make it sound completely awful.

Bruh....this heat is offensive. So offensive. I feel it needs its own hashtag on tumblr or some shit.

Dereck

5nnp7YV.png

Numb

Why is such a list even thought of.
I don't have such a list or have seen one.
There have been more beheadings over tribal and civil war crap than any religious stuff atleast where i came from when i lived there. Now there is Al-Shabab and everything is about religion.
Writing the name of my hometown in google images can be a traumatic experience.

EDIT-
About the list and other extremes.
These sorts of things happen when a very small part of a group is crazy while following the scripts to the letter and doesn't fear death at all and doesn't care about what the rest of the group thinks. So they get to do whatever they want and the consequences of what that might bring to them or how the rest of the group is viewed by the world means absolutely nothing to them. They are feared and hated by the group as much as the rest of the world does. They are not even considered part of the group but they say they are and do these things in that name. It's a lose-lose-lose situation for normal peaceful muslims that are just trying to live their lives. Hope that explains it i think.

royalan

kiT565cMVGV5vNmdUqZoHFhNNH3jU4E1TDRp4I9iAqw=w360-h177-no

Because, we knew how you felt about it.. and it didn't line up with how we felt about it.

We don't shoutout trash

Sounds like someone ate your cookies

My bad breh, I didn't think you liked the first season too much

I just watched episode 3...

I can't believe that we're supposed to believe this nigga Ghost is some hot-ass dope dealer/businessman...but after all this time he's still acting like damn King of the Simps over fucking basic ass Angela. AND he got a #DownAssBitch back at the crib!? This Romeo and Juliet bullshit is completely unbelievable and boring, and they really need to ditch this storyline.

Jacir

I don't have such a list or have seen one.
There have been more beheadings over tribal and civil war crap than any religious stuff atleast where i came from when i lived there. Now there is Al-Shabab and everything is about religion.
Writing the name of my hometown in google images can be a traumatic experience.

I guess thats welcoming to a certain extent. Unfortunately, it still happens due to religious reasons that sometimes differ in regions where Islam is prominent. Im not sure if I'm ready to rant about this, mostly not. Though I should not be afraid or be privy about topics that are highly sensitive. I would mention that I do think having a degree in such topic is unnecessary or/and having familiarity with the culture/society in which these things occur is also unnecessary. Now obviously, there is a point to where both a degree and knowing the environment beforehand brings legitimacy to the discussion. Neither have I, but that doesn't mean criticism from someone like me is invalid.

Trey

I know we have a lot of non-Americans in this community; what's your perspective on all this nonsense going on recently, and on American culture in general?

Numb

I guess thats welcoming to a certain extent. Unfortunately, it still happens due to religious reasons that sometimes differ in regions where Islam is prominent. Im not sure if I'm ready to rant about this, mostly not. Though I should not be afraid or be privy about topics that are highly sensitive. I would mention that I do think having a degree in such topic is unnecessary or/and having familiarity with the culture/society in which these things occur is also unnecessary. Now obviously, there is a point to where both a degree and knowing the environment beforehand brings legitimacy to the discussion. Neither have I, but that doesn't mean criticism from someone like me is invalid.

Islam being highly prominent in my country is an understatement. During my entire time there i have never once met someone of another religion let alone a white person(which automatically meant they could not be muslim.) This enviroment can be highly highly toxic to any other religion and it is. Add that to the civil wars+tribal crap+plus al-shabab+pirates and you can see the exact reason why a huge amount of people including me and my family could not live there and migrated to other countries. Being critical even without having a degree or not is more than ok since you can see the issues right infront of you and the cause of it is plain as day.
This thread gives you some good info if you are interested.

Arguing on Facebook about the confederate flag is fun.

"But it's our heritage", " states rights"
Reading crap on the net, I think my favorite comment is:

"God bless the Confederate FLAG and the US Constitution and the 2nd amendment. Leave the 10 dollar bill alone and damn anyone who murders in the house of the Lord God. To hell with Liberal commies."

I mean..yeeeeah!

Shy

I thought i'd post these heere to see what you guys think.
It's a review by SF Debris of the DS9 episode 'far beyond the stars' (it's the one where Sisko has a vision where he's a science fiction writer in the 50s)
This is the companion video where he reviews the short comic 'judgement day' that has similar themes.
I know we have a lot of non-Americans in this community; what's your perspective on all this nonsense going on recently, and on American culture in general?
I'm from the U.K. and i don't even know how to process it all (not that the U.K. is the beacon of racial harmony) where it seems to be everyday now you hear that the police have either beat or killed an unarmed black person, and people just shrug and say it was somehow justified, or when a police officer has been caught on record saying racist comments, turn around say there is no racial motivation. It's insane.

And then there's the media, that all the while just stoke people's fears and and deep-seated prejudices, for nothing more than the most disgusting and base motivation of chasing profit.

I don't understand why people of all colours and creeds aren't standing up and saying "ENOUGH, e-fucking-nough, we won't let you drag us in to a unending nightmare" apathy is a horrible thing.

I don't know, i'm not very articulate, so if i come across rambly and shitposting. i'm very sorry, no offense is meant fam.

Numb

Surreal. Almost like a show. The stuff that is happening seems too out of whack and the worst part is that it's not in just some spots but nation wide. There is something going down almost every week and i thought that the rioting would atleast cool things down but there seems to be no difference. Impressed at how you guys deal with it.

Impressed at how you guys deal with it.
I think the sad thing is that the US is still unique in how developed its racial sensibilities are relative to the majority of other countries due to its history. That kind of awareness just hasn't had the chance to develop in many other places in the same way, especially in more homogenous societies. (This isn't exclusive to racial issues, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom