• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I think the sad thing is that the US is still unique in how developed its racial sensibilities are relative to the majority of other countries due to its history. That kind of awareness just hasn't had the chance to develop in many other places in the same way, especially in more homogenous societies. (This isn't exclusive to racial issues, though.)

People of power such as cops being racist is not something i can deal with at all. People are used to it there and someone in here even told me that them surfacing in recent years is only thanks to everyone having cameras.How people handle it in here is not something i can be capable off i think. I can see that there isn't much that can be done about it either. Racists are everywhere but one with a gun and can get away with harming/killing you is just too much.

Jacir

I'm back with from eating dinner with the family.

I didn't get to see your edit so...

EDIT-
About the list and other extremes.
These sorts of things happen when a very small part of a group is crazy while following the scripts to the letter and doesn't fear death at all and doesn't care about what the rest of the group thinks. So they get to do whatever they want and the consequences of what that might bring to them or how the rest of the group is viewed by the world means absolutely nothing to them. They are feared and hated by the group as much as the rest of the world does. They are not even considered part of the group but they say they are and do these things in that name. It's a lose-lose-lose situation for normal peaceful muslims that are just trying to live their lives. Hope that explains it i think.

I understand this. From what I gather, it just seems the prevalence of violence (and questionably other nonviolent behavior I have problems with) is an indication that at least one out of many things are wrong in the Muslim world. I get it that it is a minority who is doing the violence, but there is a discrepancy of acknowledgement of the facts or climate by muslims that is worrisome to me. Also the increasing claims of bigotry or racism condensed into a single word, islamophobia, is truoblesome. The easiest thing that bothers me with it is how is islamophobia racist when Islam isn't a race and also its followers consist of people of different races. Like the next thing I will say is probably in that vicinity, but I doubt anyone with an independent mind would disagree. It is that there is only one Islam. This Islam is pure Islam. From my research or understanding is that current Koran has not been changed and has remained the same since its inception. Furthermore, adding to this, alludes that all Muslims read the same book. For me, I say the same, but add that there is no such thing as moderate Islam. However, that doesnt mean there are no moderate Muslims.

What do you think? Is this islamophobic?

Islam being highly prominent in my country is an understatement. During my entire time there i have never once met someone of another religion let alone a white person(which automatically meant they could not be muslim.) This enviroment can be highly highly toxic to any other religion and it is. Add that to the civil wars+tribal crap+plus al-shabab+pirates and you can see the exact reason why a huge amount of people including me and my family could not live there and migrated to other countries. Being critical even without having a degree or not is more than ok since you can see the issues right infront of you and the cause of it is plain as day.
This thread gives you some good info if you are interested.

Yeah the Horn region is a complex mess, especially Somalia. It's heartbreaking, but how much sympathy can someone give when they know places like these are bound to be regions suited for dictators. I do think that the arab world, paticularly Libya, would be a slightly better than what it is now. I didn't read all of the OP, but no doubt this shit isn't ending anytime soon.

Jacir

Reading crap on the net, I think my favorite comment is:

"God bless the Confederate FLAG and the US Constitution and the 2nd amendment. Leave the 10 dollar bill alone and damn anyone who murders in the house of the Lord God. To hell with Liberal commies."

I mean..yeeeeah!

The person who wrote this deserves to be worth 3/5ths of a vote.

7g4wqLv.jpg

Lol for real.

Numb

I'm back with from eating dinner with the family.

I didn't get to see your edit so...

I understand this. From what I gather, it just seems the prevalence of violence (and questionably other nonviolent behavior I have problems with) is an indication that at least one out of many things are wrong in the Muslim world. I get it that it is a minority who is doing the violence, but there is a discrepancy of acknowledgement of the facts or climate by muslims that is worrisome to me. Also the increasing claims of bigotry or racism condensed into a single word, islamophobia, is truoblesome. The easiest thing that bothers me with it is how is islamophobia racist when Islam isn't a race and also its followers consist of people of different races. Like the next thing I will say is probably in that vicinity, but I doubt anyone with an independent mind would disagree. It is that there is only one Islam. This Islam is pure Islam. From my research or understanding is that current Koran has not been changed and has remained the same since its inception. Furthermore, adding to this, alludes that all Muslims read the same book. For me, I say the same, but add that there is no such thing as moderate Islam. However, that doesnt mean there are no moderate Muslims.

What do you think? Is this islamophobic?

Yeah the Horn region is a complex mess, especially Somalia. It's heartbreaking, but how much sympathy can someone give when they know places like these are bound to be regions suited for dictators. I do think that the arab world, paticularly Libya, would be a slightly better than what it is now. I didn't read all of the OP, but no doubt this shit isn't ending anytime soon.

Having violence in a religion is not something new and the Qur'an not changing much doesn't help either. The countries that Islam is most prominent in not being as developed and modern as the western countries where christianity is the major religion is another factor. Not having the control on the citizens and the harsh realities they live in can make them more prone to violence than other places.Even when wars are started and ended they go back to the same old routine since they are not advanced enough to learn from it and move on(Speaking from my point of view since i don't know the situations in other countries aswell).Religion becomes a strong pillar in such a community where wealth is not abundant. If a major and wealthy country is Islamic however you can see that they don't do as crazy things where militias and dictators/war lords come out of the bushes and push their agenda in the name of god(the terrosists in somalia).The religion islam is not only built on the Qur'an soley tho as there are many hadiths and scripts out there.

Islamophobia as racism is another thing. This is not true however It is treated like race by people that don't like islam in the way they respond to it.When you meet someone and they tell you that they are islam does them being any race or gender make a difference?Who they are or what their position in life is? When you put someone that hates islam in these situations thats how they see it. Obama is black and ofcourse there are racists who don't like him. It doesn't matter if he is the president or not he is still a nigger to them. This is the first time i had this discussion so it is understandable if i explained horribly and apologise. Also my country is fucked and there is no helping that.

I just watched episode 3...

I can't believe that we're supposed to believe this nigga Ghost is some hot-ass dope dealer/businessman...but after all this time he's still acting like damn King of the Simps over fucking basic ass Angela. AND he got a #DownAssBitch back at the crib!? This Romeo and Juliet bullshit is completely unbelievable and boring, and they really need to ditch this storyline.

After this episode, I understand.

That broad is BAD

Baby mama just called to remind me that I don't get to see my son tomorrow for father's day. She really just called to point out that he will spend it with her and her soon to be husband.

Shy

Baby mama just called to remind me that I don't get to see my son tomorrow for father's day. She really just called to point out that he will spend it with her and her soon to be husband.
*sigh* that's a really horrible thing to do to someone, i'm so sorry to hear that fam.

FyreWulff

As a kid of divorce, don't bite on her trolling and don't use the kid to get back at her like she's doing now. Just no sell her shit, she can only do this for a limited number of times, after he's 18 you'll have 50+ years of Father's Days with him.

As a kid of divorce, don't bite on her trolling and don't use the kid to get back at her like she's doing now. Just no sell her shit, she can only do this for a limited number of times, after he's 18 you'll have 50+ years of Father's Days with him.

Yeah I don't ever say anything bad about her in front of our son. I try and not fight with her. Her new dude is an ass though. My son told me that he doesn't like calling him dad. So when I talked to them about it they said he just said that to make me happy. In reality he even tells his teacher that that guy isn't his dad.

I'll see him on the 4th of July and a few days after. Should be fun.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/19/minecraft-grand-theft-auto-no-mans-sky-e3/

"Imagine: Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors and SpaceX, reclines behind a desk built out of spare rocket ship parts. A gleaming saber rests to his right. Sean Murray, founder of the independent game development studio Hello Games, sits across from him, chatting about Hello's new title, No Man's Sky. There's a break in the conversation and an awkward silence threatens to stretch between the two, but then: "What do you think is the percentage chance that we're living in a simulation?" Musk asks. Murray hardly has time to answer -- he's running late for an appointment with Steven Spielberg and his communications director is getting antsy. At this rate, they won't have time to meet up with Kanye.

This is the true story of E3 2015 for Murray and Hello Games. "

wth i don't believe

Shy

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/19/minecraft-grand-theft-auto-no-mans-sky-e3/

"Imagine: Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors and SpaceX, reclines behind a desk built out of spare rocket ship parts. A gleaming saber rests to his right. Sean Murray, founder of the independent game development studio Hello Games, sits across from him, chatting about Hello's new title, No Man's Sky. There's a break in the conversation and an awkward silence threatens to stretch between the two, but then: "What do you think is the percentage chance that we're living in a simulation?" Musk asks. Murray hardly has time to answer -- he's running late for an appointment with Steven Spielberg and his communications director is getting antsy. At this rate, they won't have time to meet up with Kanye.

This is the true story of E3 2015 for Murray and Hello Games. "

wth i don't believe
I want to believe, buuuut.
TAenEIV.gif

Samara

Is the Dominican Republic for real? I bought a book 3 years ago for a charity for Haitian slave for a lack of a better word, over there having their visas cut off and forced to work in cutting them sugar canes. No human rights over there for haitians. It's disgusting. Haiti was beautiful when I went to visit as a child, but poverty hit me hard, but I always wanted to go back to see my mom's birthplace, but while having the comfort of going to the DR. But now they're deporting everyone of Haitian descent.

It's a popular destination spot for canadians,but now, I will never head there . What a disgrace. Truly pathetic.

Village

Happy Fathers Day to yall...I don't have much but here's a picture of Uncle Phil since he's the GOAT dad of all dads.

Uncle_Phil.jpg
Apparently i met that guy when i was too young to remember, my mom has a picture of him holding me, i was like two. i gotta find that thing.

Nah.

Uncle Phil helped raise an Academy nominated actor > Carl Winslow helped the worst sonic voice that people stan because nostalgia .

fixed

Gattsu25

Banned
still haven't finished hexen, kept getting fucking lost.

Shit, double post sorry.
Raven games always did have maze-like level design but their Hexen games are still enjoyable to this day IMO, especially Hexen 1 in co-op on one of the hardest difficulties.

Have you played Hexen 2? Quake 1 engine game with even more RPG elements.

G-Fex

Raven games always did have maze-like level design but their Hexen games are still enjoyable to this day IMO, especially Hexen 1 in co-op on one of the hardest difficulties.

Have you played Hexen 2? Quake 1 engine game with even more RPG elements.

I own it, just haven't tried it yet.

That wouldn't have happened if Carl knew how to keep chaos out of his house:

TCyRJTt.gif

Jazz didn't try to lure in Phil with inventions only for them to blow up in his face.

Young Magus

Oh we giving out PSN and shit.....
K3nnycsu for psn and my gaf name for NNID

Truth, the dude is a wise man on these issues.

I'm from the U.K. and i don't even know how to process it all (not that the U.K. is the beacon of racial harmony) where it seems to be everyday now you hear that the police have either beat or killed an unarmed black person, and people just shrug and say it was somehow justified, or when a police officer has been caught on record saying racist comments, turn around say there is no racial motivation. It's insane.

And then there's the media, that all the while just stoke people's fears and and deep-seated prejudices, for nothing more than the most disgusting and base motivation of chasing profit.

I don't understand why people of all colours and creeds aren't standing up and saying "ENOUGH, e-fucking-nough, we won't let you drag us in to a unending nightmare" apathy is a horrible thing.

I don't know, i'm not very articulate, so if i come across rambly and shitposting. i'm very sorry, no offense is meant fam.

Apathy is a hell of a drug b. Ya have those who go "Doesnt happen to me" to those who are just defeated and gave up the fight. Then they are those who buys into what the media is saying.....

its sad b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom