• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Metroid is probably Nintendo's.....6th?* highest selling franchise. Big enough to warrant a sequel. I mean, they made Fire Emblem sequels and that franchise didn't really blow up until Awakening as far as sales go.

Not saying that warrants the reaction from fans though. I love Metroid too, and Nintendo can kick rocks for that fuckery they brought out at E3, but I'm not acting like Iwata kicked my dog or anything. They'll make a new Metroid soon enough.

*After Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and Smash. Can't think of anything that would be over it beyond those.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Metroid is probably Nintendo's.....6th?* highest selling franchise. Big enough to warrant a sequel. I mean, they made Fire Emblem sequels and that franchise didn't really blow up until Awakening as far as sales go.

Not saying that warrants the reaction from fans though. I love Metroid too, and Nintendo can kick rocks for that fuckery they brought out at E3, but I'm not acting like Iwata kicked my dog or anything. They'll make a new Metroid soon enough.
6th?? Hahahahhahaha

Jacir

That attention-seeking-ass J*** reared his jerry-curled head.

I figured that would be it.

you ain't gotta do this secret handshake morse code shit my g, lol. Could've just asked where it's relevant.

Damn those Germans with their secret codes.
Alright, I keep still and wait for my fresh cut to be done.

Lol, best just keep it moving.

Just skip to the part where Silky and Retro talk about chicken nuggets.

Ain't nobody got time for this. I still want to continue reading tho.

OK, case is now closed.

jmood88

Every time I'm on a videogame forum and the topic is attractive women, I realize that I have almost nothing in common with anyone who frequents videogame sites. Other topics make that clear but the differences in what I find attractive compared to the majority of gamers who post on sites are so stark that I can't even hope to see things from their point of view.

cdyhybrid

Where does Zelda fit? I don't even read those threads. Like, those threads with those people. And I mean it exactly how it sounds. We shouldn't have the same posting forums for regular gamers and Zelda fans. Like, separate forums with separate computers and separate internet.

So savage.

I see Zelda as being like Metroid. Some all-time-great tier games, some really-fucking-good tier games, some middling games. Kinda just treading water at the moment.

I don't post in Zelda threads (or Gaming at all except for specific situations) so I couldn't comment on their fanbases. From what I hear, the Zelda fanbase generally hates the newest game and thinks the one before that is the greatest one ever :p

*After Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Zelda, and Smash. Can't think of anything that would be over it beyond those.

I'd expect Mario Kart and DK to get more attention from Nintendo than Metroid TBH. Definitely think the Metroid series is worthy though.

ReiGun

The Zelda fanbase can never decide what the hell it wants cause everything one Zelda game gets right another gets wrong and vice versa.

I'd expect Mario Kart and DK to get more attention from Nintendo than Metroid TBH. Definitely think the Metroid series is worthy though.

They're making a new one, I'm sure. Other M was their first big misstep with the franchise and Federation Force looks to be the second, but that's not enough to dead the franchise.

I'm sure it's in the same situation as Zelda where they started a new one but have moved development to the NX because the WiiU is done.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The Zelda fanbase can never decide what the hell it wants cause everything one Zelda game gets right another gets wrong and vice versa.

That's a good thing. What other franchise do you know that changes so much from game to game. Sure the core mechanics are the same story > puzzle > dungeon > item > boss > rinse and repeat. with that being said everything thing to do with that formula is drastically different from game to game imo. even if they fuck it up at least they're trying lol.

Jacir

Every time I'm on a videogame forum and the topic is attractive women, I realize that I have almost nothing in common with anyone who frequents videogame sites. Other topics make that clear but the differences in what I find attractive compared to the majority of gamers who post on sites are so stark that I can't even hope to see things from their point of view.

I have to see this thread fam.

royalan

Correct, but that's Nintendo's fault.

They don't know how to iterate and improve on the things they do right with each addition to the series. They feel they have to reinvent the wheel every time.

Some series can do that and come out all the better for it (Final Fantasy up until XIII comes to mind), but Nintendo just completely loses their strengths when they do this with Zelda.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

They don't know how to iterate and improve on the things they do right with each addition to the series. They feel they have to reinvent the wheel every time.

Some series can do that and come out all the better for it (Final Fantasy up until XIII comes to mind), but Nintendo just completely loses their strengths when they do this with Zelda.

And this is the downside the zelda curse. I think its refreshing though. how many other series with this many entries can get be so polarizing from title to title

royalan

And this is the downside the zelda curse. I think its refreshing though. how many other series with this many entries can get be so polarizing from title to title

I would rather the Zelda series be good than polarizing. Because I gotta be honest, it's really easy to get sucked up in the hype, and the legacy of the series alone makes you want to have hope for each game, but I haven't actually enjoyed a Zelda game since Wind Waker. And I feel a lot of people would say the same if they were being honest.

ReiGun

Pokemon has this problem too, but there it's more the wholesale removal of features from one gen to the next than a failure to iterate.

I would rather the Zelda series be good than polarizing. Because I gotta be honest, it's really easy to get sucked up in the hype, and the legacy of the series alone makes you want to have hope for each game, but I haven't actually enjoyed a Zelda game since Wind Waker. And I feel a lot of people would say the same if they were being honest.
I liked Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. Haven't played Phantom Hourglass or Skyward Sword though.

TP was definitely inferior to Wind Waker though. I loved some of the dungeons and the two had roughly equal story quality, but Wind Waker just felt more "alive." I don't really know how to describe it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
idk roy, I like them all for varying reasons but my favorites are skyward and OoT. I've played every modern console zelda btw.

cdyhybrid

I really enjoyed Twilight Princess (particularly the dungeons, which were the obvious strong point of the game), and I was getting kinda hyped for Skyward Sword, but then my interest sort of just poofed.

Never ended up playing SS, haven't really looked at a game since. I do want to eventually get back, but I find it so hard to play console games these days. I picked up Smash, played it for like 5 hours, and haven't touched it since - and I LOVE Smash Bros.

Just super hard to pull myself away from the ~5 PC games I spend most of my gaming time on.

ReiGun

TP had some of the strongest dungeon design in the series. Shame they existed in such a drab world and the things to do around the dungeons were mostly boring as shit.

royalan

You all have been brainwashed by the Nintendo Machine. I weep for all of you.

pKJpTpj.gif

royalan

You said you'd let tyga beat so save those tears for your sanity.

Only if I was bored!

And had been drinking.

And it was raining.

And Fabolous dropped a new album.

Ashanti too.

And the albums were good.

Like so good they had you lounging naked on the couch good.

And those jeans that had the basketball team logos stitched on them came back in style.

THEN I would be in the mood to fuck Tyga.

Trey

So what you're saying is you have to turn back into the underage 16 year old version of yourself before tyga will hit.

Only if I was bored!

And had been drinking.

And it was raining.

And Fabolous dropped a new album.

Ashanti too.

And the albums were good.

Like so good they had you lounging naked on the couch good.

And those jeans that had the basketball team logos stitched on them came back in style.

THEN I would be in the mood to fuck Tyga.
So '03/'04?

royalan

I don't know if you've all seen this yet (I could be super late), but you should all watch it.

It's a short film by a Nigerian filmmaker named Nosa Igbinedion based on a female superhero named Oya. It's called Oya: Rise of the Orishas, and it's based on West African folklore.

Badass female capoeira goddess superhero? Check.

African folklore? Check. that continent is so rich with folklore and we see hardly any of it Western media.

I'd love to see this funded, developed, and turned into some sort of series.

GV59Iom.jpg

Jacir

The one this time is the "dare you attracted to older women" thread.

OK gotcha. This thread is another example as to how majority white this forum is.

So far only these posts I can agree with:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=171312793
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=171315712
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=171315962

That last one is questionable honestly. Are you sure these are the best people can do for hot older women? I'm disappointed with that thread.

Jacir

Well yea that too. They choose nonwhite women who were popular in Hollywood or just mainstream. I mean Halle Barry is pretty but I'm tired of people only mentioning her name like she the only black woman they ever saw.

Jacir

Anybody thought of moving to Texas for any reason? Like barely any or low taxes, more game studios/development being done there, nice hot weather, and big populous state with big tourist/vacation potential and etc.

Yo.

I love Metroid.

Super Metroid is the closest thing to a perfect game I've ever played. The Prime games are nearly as great.

Samus is probably my favorite video game character of all time.

But I just cannot hang with the Metroid fan base and this fucking whiny pity party they've been having over the last month or so.

It's pathetic.

i love 2D Metroid so i can't get with those folks because what they want is as big of a joke to me as what Nintendo is offering.

Young Magus

Zelda fanbase is.......something all over the place alright

daps to the bolded, however I have to ask the following: What are some of the things within the zelda series that can be improved on within each installment in your opinion?

Real Talk: WW, TP and SS all had a major flaw or two that keeps me from having full blown nostalgia for the games but I did enjoy my time with each of them.

Still need to beat the GB ones and the NES one I guess.

You all have been brainwashed by the Nintendo Machine. I weep for all of you.

pKJpTpj.gif

Roy pls :mjcry:

All these Metroid fairweather fans crying just like the Mega Man fans, both talking about how their series are disrespected. Meanwhile, us Sonic fans are forced to eat shit.

Sit the fuck down, you babies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
There is nothing more awkward then hearing you have haters in the local anime society because they think you are "too friendly with all the girls in the club." I'm like fam, I'm just here to discuss Shokugeki no Soma and discuss the intricacies of Evangelion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom