• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

i applaud people not going to the obvious "devil's turd"

Thank you, Thank you. I try lol

Seriously tho, the game in was going to be an L for NOA no matter what. Either ya do release it and ya become candidates for worst release of the year and don`t and have folks with pitchforks on the nets.

NOA takes the L no matter what.

Numb

i applaud people not going to the obvious "devil's turd"

Companies should have a dude or 2 that look at the title and figure out if it is easy to change it into a negative by customers if they get mad and want to vent out. Xbone comes to mind.

Slayven

Thank you, Thank you. I try lol

Seriously tho, the game in was going to be an L for NOA no matter what. Either ya do release it and ya become candidates for worst release of the year and don`t and have folks with pitchforks on the nets.

NOA takes the L no matter what.

Release it, promote it, and just hope for the best

jmood88

That Dylann Roof story makes me want to hit something. Reporters go out of their fucking way to smear black (or other non-white) victims of violence but rush to the aid of poor white men who kill people. Fuck this shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you're black, a troubled past is justification for what somebody did to you. If you're white, a troubled past is justification for what you did to somebody else.

Gattsu25

Banned
Very accurate.

Also is that "black culture criticism" thread serious?

I'd like to think that it doesn't exist.

Just had a pretty fucking awesome week. Away from home. Pure career development. Visited NJ for the first time.

Can't wait to return to work on Monday and get back into that grind that tears at your soul :|

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Someone in that black culture critique thread posted that sotomayer dude. Man that dude hates black women with a passion. smh

Yeah he says a lot of bullshit. I stopped watching his videos a while ago.

same here. He calls Black women beasts and white women snow bunnies.

If you're black, a troubled past is justification for what somebody did to you. If you're white, a troubled past is justification for what you did to somebody else.

so damn true.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
**sorry for the cross-post**

I thought you guys might interested in watching this interview by the young turks with Ex-Baltimore Cop Michael Wood About the Police culture of corruption & abuse.

I meant to post this a few days ago, but i hadn't got around to watching it till now (it would of been irresponsible of me to post something i hadn't watched/read yet.)

He was on joe rogan's podcast recently, really good listen to the culture of american police regarding black vs white communities.

the truth some just can't seem to grasp.

Hi everyone.

I was told in another thread that this thread and "Black Twitter" represent Black culture for all Black people, myself included.

Is there a sign in sheet or something? Secret handshake?

tkscz

So strange to see people minimize with what essentially amounts to "Why are you so worried about dying?" with the myriad of news we've had just this year. (Literally a story just a few months ago with Freddie Gray perishing in police custody due to their actions!) There's naiveté and then there's this infuriating blissful ignorance of the black struggle. Like, guys you know what? It could be nothing. She could have just hung herself in her cell because the reality of getting a great job came crashing down around her. But maybe just maybe, this level of fear from the black community is an indication of how fucked institutionalized racism and the mainstream response to it is.

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but do most of you live in the suburbs or Metros or something? I've been told all my life that I shouldn't expect to live long in the hood, whether I be killed by a cop or some random nigga was up in the air (the latter being most likely). Yet all I see online, not just Neogaf, is what happened in 2013 and 2014, like I ain't been seeing the shit since 1992 or something (born in 88). This shit ain't new. I mean, Freddie Gray? I still remember Roger Owensby, Jr. and Timothy Thomas. And how can anyone forget Rhodney King? /rant. Just something that's been on my chest lately when in this thread/black tumblr.

Hi everyone.

I was told in another thread that this thread and "Black Twitter" represent Black culture for all Black people, myself included.

Honestly, I don't believe in a single "black culture". Too many ways a black person can be raised and opinions they can gather. I mean, obviously there is shit we share, but to me, culture isn't about race, but that's my opinion.

Trey

Hi everyone.

me and the other delegates of the thread have already addressed that particular situation on your behalf.

no worries, brother ryutaro.

me and the other delegates of the thread have already addressed that particular situation on your behalf.

no worries, brother ryutaro.

It is mind-blowing how many people just blanket assign "a culture" to an entire group of people. The funny shit is they have no idea the title of the thread is tongue in cheek.

There is no fucking black culture anymore than there is a white culture.

Merc_

So apparently there is a lot of racial humor in the Ant-Man movie and I'm hearing that some of it was just straight up racist.

This doesn't bode well for Black Panther...

So apparently there is a lot of racial humor in the Ant-Man movie and I'm hearing that some of it was just straight up racist.

This doesn't bode well for Black Panther...

Oh no...I saw the Latino guy in the trailer and I cringed so many times. I was like, I saw this guy give a great performance in 'Fury'...why is he acting like this?

:(

Trey

It is mind-blowing how many people just blanket assign "a culture" to an entire group of people.

There's definitely a culture which has been forged and curated by people from similar walks of life and similar status in this country; in this particular case black people in general. I think what you're trying to argue against are stereotypes.

Young Magus

Hi everyone.

Whats good.

And you been lied to my friend, not all black folks on GAF are in this thread nor all black folks on twitter contribute to black twitter. Thanks to the continuing diasopra of black folk across the globe there can't be A black culture for ALL black people.

No signup but fill free to fill out that Intro thing, Shy linked it In his post on this page.

There's definitely a culture which has been forged and curated by people from similar walks of life and similar status in this country; in this particular case black people in general. I think what you're trying to argue against are stereotypes.

Yep.

When people make blanket assignments like that, it's usually lazy and consists of a "Black people be like this..." mentality.

I deleted it after i went back and saw Ryutaro has already filled it out. (sorry i forgot that you had Ryu)

No problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom