• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QYvXpaXlY

And some of us know we can get better food without bullet wounds. But you future Chief Keefs in here can keep risking your lives for chicken if you want to. What's that phrase Slavyen always says about ice skating? That's what Church's is.
Xq63qPD.gif

I feel like something we tend to forget, especially as black men, is that the jokes and so on that our male white ''equals'' make and so forth. Are just the manifestation of male interaction norms. We think racism, but we rarely think of it in terms of gender. All too often I see black men hand waving questionable things from white women, but if it came from a white man, they'd speak up or challenge then on it. White men don't exist in a vacuum. They come from white women, and they both share the same social standing and same privileges. But we all have that friend, don't we? The one who let's his girlfriend use charged language around him, the one who'll sleep with a woman he considers racist, and rationalize it.

There is a dark history of abuse from white women to black people, women and children especially. When white men slept with black women, it didn't mean they loved them. When they enacted policies and laws that they claimed was to protect their own from blacks, they never sought to protect blacks from other whites.

So my question is why? Is it really as basic as sex with some of these men? Because I'm sure that if they really wanted white women so bad, they could find those that liked them for them relatively easily. So why do we lower ourselves? To feel wanted? To prove a point? That physical intimacy means more than silence on racism? Even with feminists, other women. There is a rift in the level of care when it comes to black women. Gay community, same problem.

I think we need to start being very careful about our own self worth. Black lives matter, yes. But that chant is old. Until we start valuing our own lives and communities with the same deafening response that they deserve, white people will continue walking all over us and using us for their own gains and pleasure.

Merc_

From what I watched, nothing harmful or even cringe worthy. So unless someone who was really sensitive said that, I don't think anyone will be bothered by it. Where did you hear this from?

That's good. I've mostly just been seeing general twitter comments and Vanity Fair mentioning it.

Finally got to go home for a few weeks and catching up with my crazy family and learning my grandad died as I was leaving yesterday.

It's nearly, no pun intended, black and white from being in Cali with a more mixed group of people. Nice change of pace.

In related news, I haven't had koolaid in over 3 years now.

Slay, what's up with the Bernie shade? I've noticed a lot of blacks on the different podcasts I listened to kind of throwing shade on Bernie, but I don't get it. This dude has a long resume when it come to fighting for civil rights. Joe Madison asking him if he would apologize for slavery is really disappointing. Like, what the hell kind of question is that?

the creator of Immortals tag ;p
that was Roy¿
no i kid
b/c i got around to that era as well

Master P during the WCW days

also shame Sub never finished this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141377110&postcount=14639

It was canned after mounting accusations that I was "a white man attempting to supplant the black populace with quantifiable statistical worth" and "trivializing, appropriating or otherwise disparaging elements of the black community and their culture(s)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom