• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

esms

comeon.png

Slayven

I wonder if NuBlack is a defense adaptation. I mean you start moving in privileged circles away from the struggle, maybe you just got to think differently to keep sane?

A response on Facebook about Raven said:
She said she understands the mantra "#blacklivesmatter" she just saying the fact that everyone blatantly forget how man black Americans die by black hands too. Living in the neighborhood I do. There are almost always an incident of murder committed by the same race, and there are also white people getting high in abandoned house and dieing probably from overdose. Idk, but I agree with Tesa Marie. All lives do matter. We don't need a hash tag to know that black lives matter. The attacks that black American's are suffering by the police are indeed terrible but these incidents do have obvious suspects. Honestly all I'm hearing is white people this, white cops that. They didn't even have the decency to expedite the cops that actually do care or the white folks who give a damn.

Bruh when its people you know spouting this crap...

smh....

Kreed

I wonder if NuBlack is a defense adaptation. I mean you start moving in privileged circles away from the struggle, maybe you just got to think differently to keep sane?

It's more that these fools aren't keeping up with the news/don't know what the hell they are talking about. Example, Trayvon Martin. There are people today that still think the reason for the original protests was because George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin and he wasn't black vs George Zimmerman getting away with killing Trayvon and being given a slap on the wrist with no trial or investigation done. The original protest was for getting a trial, not George Zimmerman's race.

There is no "what about black on black crime" equivalent for this. This is especially true when we talk about police violence on black men and women aka #BlackLivesMatter. What official system is in place that is allowing black people to get away with killing ANYBODY? But again, these celebrities aren't following the news so all they are seeing is "black people complaining about white people" and think they are being intelligent with responses like this.

But can she get you out in 7 hours?

I don't know if I'd want to sit there and listen to her chatter, no matter how good I'd look afterwards. "Blah blah blah Kings and Queens blah blah blah". I think she's like a Femtep (female supporter of Hoteps).

Stephen A smith is knee deep in one of the few Good Ol Boy networks still going strong.

White money, Black bodies. They call them Owners and no one even blinks twice.

Slayven

It's more that these fools aren't keeping up with the news/don't know what the hell they are talking about. Example, Trayvon Martin. There are people today that still think the reason for the original protests was because George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin and he wasn't black vs George Zimmerman getting away with killing Trayvon and being given a slap on the wrist with no trial or investigation done. The original protest was for getting a trial, not George Zimmerman's race.

There is no "what about black on black crime" equivalent for this. This is especially true when we talk about police violence on black men and women aka #BlackLivesMatter. What official system is in place that is allowing black people to get away with killing ANYBODY? But again, these celebrities aren't following the news so all they are seeing is "black people complaining about white people" and think they are being intelligent with responses like this.
Iw as trying to be devil's advocate but Kreed had to go Micheal from Good Times.
I don't know if I'd want to sit there and listen to her chatter, no matter how good I'd look afterwards. "Blah blah blah Kings and Queens blah blah blah". I think she's like a Femtep (female supporter of Hoteps).

White money, Black bodies. They call them Owners and no one even blinks twice.

Hotep is my new jam. I glad this movement got a name.

If they changed Coach to Overseer no one would bat an eye

Nakazato

Guys I'm so depressed I need to get away from everything and everyone in my life.

I'm at the point where I'm not eventhing straight.

I'm not me.

I just can't

Just curious. Why is everyone here for Hilary? Aside from her recent Facebook post on BLM. What has she done that makes you want to vote for her? As in why would you vote for her I'd you didn't think she had the momentum to win?

No Bernie talk just curious.

Trey

Just curious. Why is everyone here for Hilary? Aside from her recent Facebook post on BLM. What has she done that makes you want to vote for her? As in why would you vote for her I'd you didn't think she had the momentum to win?

She's hot.

Numb

A female president following after a black one seems cool to me.
Also she is more known to me and never heard of the other guys.
This ofcourse coming from the viewpoint of a resident outside of the US.

Infinite

Who's with Hilary here? Your premise seems quite presumptuous

Numb

Damn dude went from a bout a 5 to about 26 with a quickness. what is number 6 suppose to mean?

Don't think dirty thoughts.Probably meant in the same place as livestock or something. I don't know why i attempted to understand his thought process. It could mean the other thing too in his case.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I wouldn't assume everyone here is for Hilary. I am sure there are some secretly backing Cruz. For me, she knows the political game, she has been embarrassed, ridiculed, shamed and disrespected and STILL wants to be apart of the crazy political circus? Shows she won't be intimidated and will stand her ground. Of course I don't follow politics at all really, so I am sure I will find out shit I don't like as I do my research before the election.

And yeah, that hotness factor...ooh la la.

Infinite

It might be. Which is why I'm asking. There have been a few posts for her or believing she'll win at least.

If you're not with her post who you are planing to vote for or interested in.
I'm interested in Elizabeth Warren but she hasn't decided to run yet. Also interested in Jill Stein who has no conceivable chance of actually winning. Bernie has my curiosity but I'm not with his stances on guns and Israel. I also think he should addressing issues effecting the black and Latino communities more openly. Not interested in Hillary but she done some lip service on the causes I care about but it's not remotely enough. I also feel that I can't really trust her if that makes any sense.

Kreed

It might be. Which is why I'm asking. There have been a few posts for her or believing she'll win at least.

If you're not with her post who you are planing to vote for or interested in.

There's a big difference between posters thinking she will win and posters "supporting" Hilary. IMO I think the average person believes she will win because the Republican party candidates are a joke and she has no real competitors on either side. And while Hilary is not the "best" Democratic candidate IMO (hell I agree Bernie seems better on paper), she isn't any of these crazy Republican candidates, which is good enough for the average Liberal/Democratic voter.

There is no "what about black on black crime" equivalent for this. This is especially true when we talk about police violence on black men and women aka #BlackLivesMatter. What official system is in place that is allowing black people to get away with killing ANYBODY?

Not quite the same, but there's been a pretty similar attempt to derail on GAF and in the real-world with all the "but didn't Caitlyn Jenner kill that dude with her car?" stuff.

I'm interested in Elizabeth Warren but she hasn't decided to run yet. Also interested in Jill Stein who has no conceivable chance of actually winning. Bernie has my curiosity but I'm not with his stances on guns and Israel. I also think he should addressing issues effecting the black and Latino communities more openly. Not interested in Hillary but she done some lip service on the causes I care about but it's not remotely enough. I also feel that I can't really trust her if that makes any sense.

Why Warren tho? Don't get me wrong I love me.some Warren and she totally has Hilary beat in the looks department but I have always wanted to keep her in Congress as long as possible where she is effective when it comes to legislation. Maybe years and years down the line I would want her to run but I want her to be as effective as possible in her position and right now that position is in Congress. Too much shit that needs to be passed doesn't get passed because of our gridlocked Congress. Plus she's still new.

THRILLH0

Banned
Has anyone read Between the World and Me yet?

I was thinking about starting a thread but I just don't see it going well for some reason.

jmood88

I'm not. Fuck the Clintons.

Infinite

Why Warren tho? Don't get me wrong I love me.some Warren and she totally has Hilary beat in the looks department but I have always wanted to keep her in Congress as long as possible where she is effective when it comes to legislation. Maybe years and years down the line I would want her to run but I want her to be as effective as possible in her position and right now that position is in Congress. Too much shit that needs to be passed doesn't get passed because of our gridlocked Congress. Plus she's still new.
Going by that logic she'll definitely get more done as president than the congress she stuck working with. Also Obama was pretty new.

i'm anti-republican and she has the best shot at stopping them.

it's kinda like the people who bandwagon the team that has the best chance of beating Lebron.

jmood88

I want HBO to do a Hard Knocks-esque (in terms of production value) reality show about black barbershops. That shit would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom