• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by that logic she'll definitely get more done as president than the congress she stuck working with. Also Obama was pretty new.

And I don't think k Obama did THAT bang up of job. He's too militarialist for me. He ran as a progressive and we got a centrist. Probably what the country needed at the time but I don't like his push of domestic spying and the TPP.

One thing that I'm so happy was done, was the fact that he got to Liberal judges into the supreme Court. It made a few weeks ago an amazing time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just curious. Why is everyone here for Hilary? Aside from her recent Facebook post on BLM. What has she done that makes you want to vote for her? As in why would you vote for her I'd you didn't think she had the momentum to win?

No Bernie talk just curious.

She is the non-republican that has a chance of winning.

She is the non-republican that has a chance of winning.

Currently she probably does.

But its not even primaries yet. Primaries are the time where you get to vote for who you want... It's the time to be idealistic.

Settling for who will win comes when you get to the general election. Until then Wheeeeeeeee!

Rembrandt

Banned
I guess nicki didn't get nominated for a video award and Taylor did.

Anaconda got nominated for a VMA, but not video of the year and Feeling Myself didn't get nominated at all. Taylor got 9 VMA noms. Nicki was irritated and subtweeting some people and Taylor responded, surprisingly. Weird to see Nicki riled up about some VMAs, though.

Anaconda got nominated for a VMA, but not video of the year and Feeling Myself didn't get nominated at all. Taylor got 9 VMA noms. Nicki was irritated and subtweeting some people and Taylor responded, surprisingly. Weird to see Nicki riled up about some VMAs, though.
I could see why she's mad.

oh shit

CKeK8PeUYAA5FJW.jpg

can't wait for the diss track on TSwizzle's next album.

Rembrandt

Banned
Not quite the same, but there's been a pretty similar attempt to derail on GAF and in the real-world with all the "but didn't Caitlyn Jenner kill that dude with her car?" stuff.

what happened with that, though? we can't even talk about it here without getting banned.

I could see why she's mad.

yeah, it's lowkey similar to that whole grammy fiasco. I will never get how macklemore won against kanye, jay z, drake and kendrick.

what happened with that, though? we can't even talk about it here without getting banned.

yeah, it's lowkey similar to that whole grammy fiasco. I will never get how macklemore won against kanye, jay z, drake and kendrick.

I don't know the full extent of the situation, but from Wikipedia:

In February 2015, Jenner was involved in a multiple-vehicle collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California. The accident caused one death and eight injuries, but Jenner was able to walk away from the accident.[72][73][74] The stepchildren of the deceased filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Jenner in relation to the incident.[75][76] In July 2015, Los Angeles investigators determined that while Jenner was inattentive, "she was not intoxicated or texting" before the crash, and would not face felony charges.[77]

It's not that we're not allowed to talk about it on GAF, it's a perfectly controversial situation to be in - the problem is that 9 times out of 10 when someone brings it up it's in an attempt to demonize her or detract from her gender identity in threads specifically made to discuss her transition. Compare:

*thread on Jenner's transition*
"Good for her!"
"Yeah, but what about that whole car accident? Why isn't anyone talking about this?!"

to:

*thread on Jenner's automotive incident*
*discourse about the actual incident follows*

Everyone who's brought it up in threads regarding her have never gone out of their way to make threads about it afterwards, or, more importantly, prior to bringing it up in those threads.

Rembrandt

Banned
I don't know the full extent of the situation, but from Wikipedia:

It's not that we're not allowed to talk about it on GAF, it's a perfectly controversial situation to be in - the problem is that 9 times out of 10 when someone brings it up it's in an attempt to demonize her or detract from her gender identity in threads specifically made to discuss her transition. Compare:

*thread on Jenner's transition*
"Good for her!"
"Yeah, but what about that whole car accident? Why isn't anyone talking about this?!"

to:

*thread on Jenner's automotive incident*
*discourse about the actual incident follows*

Everyone who's brought it up in threads regarding her have never gone out of their way to make threads about it afterwards, or, more importantly, prior to bringing it up in those threads.

wasn't arguing that, i was just curious since it virtually left the news and the interwebs. thanks for the update, though.

royalan

And JUST LIKE some hoodrats, Azealia Banks and Tinashe ain't got shit to do with this, but here they go jumping in.

I swear, Twitter really feels like home sometimes.

Sou Da

I feel like Tyga is gonna somehow squash this beef and take a massive L in the process. I know it doesn't make sense but I can feel it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I feel like Tyga is gonna somehow squash this beef and take a massive L in the process. I know it doesn't make sense but I can feel it.
You can feel it? Tyga got so many L's this year you ain't gotta have intuition to know he's gonna somehow fuck up again.

Young Magus

And JUST LIKE some hoodrats, Azealia Banks and Tinashe ain't got shit to do with this, but here they go jumping in.

I swear, Twitter really feels like home sometimes.

Havent heard that name in a good minute. She still making music?

But yea, Twitter does provide good amounts of fukkery. Both good and bad.
Which is why I don't bother with it :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You don't come back from Badu. It's like going into the quantum realm.
I mean we know Kendrick didn't put more than the tip in. He came out with a funky album but he actually released an album. Can you say the same for jay e or Andre?

Edit: that Nikki Taylor thread is a circus. Roy I respect you for being able to survive popgaffery. The fuckery going on there is just, nope.

zeemumu

Havent heard that name in a good minute. She still making music?

But yea, Twitter does provide good amounts of fukkery. Both good and bad.
Which is why I don't bother with it :p

I couldn't follow that Nicki/Taylor story. Still trying to decide if they're yelling at skinny people or racists or music streaming services. I'm missing a lot of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom