• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
1EyrzEW.jpg
Amazing lol..instantly used.

To your other point, peeps always trying to be like " she isn't black " some people tried to say that about iris from pokemon
I've always been hesitant to call Iris "black" when gamefreak has other black characters that look much less ambiguous like Marshal, Grant, and Aunt Lenora
S/O to Gamefreak though for putting some diversity in their games though. Hopefully in the next pokemon title I can make a player character darker than the color beige

Thanks breh, not enough edge on that cake tho

Damn, not here.

To your other point, peeps always trying to be like " she isn't black " some people tried to say that about iris from pokemon

Iris was raised by dragons in the wild before becoming a gym leader and she's so tan because melanin. That's, like, literally why people are black. It's pretty silly to debate otherwise.

Wonder what HB's thoughts on the matter are. Probably something anecdotal like "I saw a cop beating a black woman once, and that made me sad. :( I hope that some day all prepubescent girls won't be judged by the color of their skin, but by the sugoi of their kawaii desu ne and the craftsmanship of their figurines."

Village

I've always been hesitant to call Iris "black" when gamefreak has other black characters that look much less ambiguous like Marshal, Grant, and Aunt Lenora
S/O to Gamefreak though for putting some diversity in their games though. Hopefully in the next pokemon title I can make a player character darker than the color beige

Dude
she's black. They did the " oh she has different hair so animals can live in it " bit in the first episode she was in. And she' snot tan, she's black.

Jacir

I am liking this 1964 film, The Pleasure Seekers. Typical American women looking for love in Spain. Its actually funny with the humor. Overall its a recommended film.

Lately I'm watching real old films for awhile now. I think I'm in that phase. Addicted might be a good word for it. FXM, TCM, HMM, IFC, and Sundance channels are my go to these days. I wonder if there's a streaming service with this type of content? At some point I want to get into Bollywood and Nollywood movies. So much stuff out there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am liking this 1964 film, The Pleasure Seekers. Typical American women looking for love in Spain. Its actually funny with the humor. Overall its a recommended film.

Lately I'm watching real old films for awhile now. I think I'm in that phase. Addicted might be a good word for it. FXM, TCM, HMM, IFC, and Sundance channels are my go to these days. I wonder if there's a streaming service with this type of content? At some point I want to get into Bollywood and Nollywood movies. So much stuff out there.

I've been addicted to late 60s/early to mid 70s biker movies and movies dealing with the 60s perception of what Satanism is. Netflix has a lot of that, but I don't think that's what you're after. But Netflix does scratch that itch of mine.

Trey

I never understand people who say Nintendo should go third party. No one wins except the people who kinda sorta want to play Smash Bros on their ps4.

I never understand people who say Nintendo should go third party. No one wins except the people who kinda sorta want to play Smash Bros on their ps4.

Part of that is just folks wanting that age old "ONE CONSOLE" future that's been talked about for years.

"I shelled out $600 on a launch PS3 and now you expect me to shell out even more just to play Smash Bros? Quit overpricing shit, Nintendo!"

Jacir

I've been addicted to late 60s/early to mid 70s biker movies and movies dealing with the 60s perception of what Satanism is. Netflix has a lot of that, but I don't think that's what you're after. But Netflix does scratch that itch of mine.

Yes I figured Netflix would be something to check out. TCM has an android app that I see.
Keep Satan away from me breh.

_-----

Fifth Harmony is an all girls band which includes a cute black chick. Just saw one of their videos on MTV when I flipped thru some channels. Thoughts?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

the "Nintendo should go third party" people are downright reasonable compared to the "Nintendo should just put their shit out on iphone" people

when has that ever worked out?

when have you ever been happy to hear that a franchise you used to love is coming back... as a phone game?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take a guess and say Magic Mike. I also see Kevin Nash in the back...wut?

yeah it's magic mike, and yes it is Kevin Nash and his dancing was DOGSHIT ASS TERRIBLE. Like, hands down the worst. He was horrendous. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Dude has nothing. NOTHING.

Malyse

are you fuckin serious?!?!

that shit yesterday evening caught me off guard!!! the radio DJ on 103 Jamz getting mad at the weather man on some "yall ain't say this was gonna happen" shit!
Google Now got us under a storm warning and the forecast had us in the 6"-8" range.

Shy

evening BCT, how's you're week been treating you so far.
Its my birthday and i have a half day at university today

Its a pretty ok start for today
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
the "Nintendo should go third party" people are downright reasonable compared to the "Nintendo should just put their shit out on iphone" people.
i fucking hate it when people make both of those arguments. i immediately know this person is an idiot and to ignore everything they say.
what's even worse though is when people in the games media say that shit.

x Misogi

evening BCT, how's you're week been treating you so far.

Not bad so far this week. Got the ex off of the lease, signed a new lease, and my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris just came in. Had some major motivational lacks to do work but I've been knocking it out this week too

Shy

I'm pissed off today!
damm, sorry to hear that.
wanna talk about it. ? or is it none of our business.
Not bad so far this week. Got the ex off of the lease, signed a new lease, and my copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris just came in. Had some major motivational lacks to do work but I've been knocking it out this week too
nice!
shame you can't get puyo puyo digitally. i would have ilked to try it.

Kreed

It's like asking for iOS on a Nexus Phone. Part of the appeal for Nintendo games is their hardware. But people who say this don't think that far.

RedSwirl

The dream of everybody on Gaming Side is to have one platform where they can play all the games, including Nintendo's games so they don't have to buy a whole separate box just for them. That either means Nintendo making a console that's basically a PlayStation and has third party support, or Nintendo going third party. Either way that's the end dream everybody wants.

Word, good luck man.
Goodluck NWS. I hope you get. It sucks being unemployed for 7 months so I'll live vicariously through you.

I'm so sick right now. Company called this morning said they liked me but I was weak on some technical things so they wanted to hire me for the Sys Admin I position instead which was about 10k lower than I had wanted. So I told them I wouldn't go less than X which amounted to 3k more than they offered.

Just got a call back and they rescinded the offer and said there is a hiring freeze on all positions now.

G7aB2va.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom