• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sick right now. Company called this morning said they liked me but I was weak on some technical things so they wanted to hire me for the Sys Admin I position instead which was about 10k lower than I had wanted. So I told them I wouldn't go less than X which amounted to 3k more than they offered.

Just got a call back and they rescinded the offer and said there is a hiring freeze on all positions now.

G7aB2va.gif
Damn man I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't worry fam something else will come up

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm so sick right now. Company called this morning said they liked me but I was weak on some technical things so they wanted to hire me for the Sys Admin I position instead which was about 10k lower than I had wanted. So I told them I wouldn't go less than X which amounted to 3k more than they offered.

Just got a call back and they rescinded the offer and said there is a hiring freeze on all positions now.

G7aB2va.gif
Fuck that shit. 3k? That's fucking measly. Sorry to hear that man.

Damn that really sucks. Something else will pop up, and they won't be as stingy at that company.

So I watched that Power/Rangers thing and, while there's potential in the whole "gritty" Power Rangers thing, they went way overboard.

Also, the action was eclipsed by the show and the suits were awful.

So I watched that Power/Rangers thing and, while there's potential in the whole "gritty" Power Rangers thing, they went way overboard.

Also, the action was eclipsed by the show and the suits were awful.

Gotta throw in that the twist was dumb too. I did like the aesthetic though. Very modern cyberpunk.

Crocodile

The dream of everybody on Gaming Side is to have one platform where they can play all the games, including Nintendo's games so they don't have to buy a whole separate box just for them. That either means Nintendo making a console that's basically a PlayStation and has third party support, or Nintendo going third party. Either way that's the end dream everybody wants.

When has a monopoly EVER worked out in favor of the consumer? Like lord knows, as an example, if Sony wasn't around to serve as a counterpoint and Microsoft had its way, we'd all have to deal with always online DRM shit up the wazoo for fucking PHYSICAL games. A one console future means dickery up the wazoo.

Trey

When has a monopoly EVER worked out in favor of the consumer? Like lord knows, as an example, if Sony wasn't around to serve as a counterpoint and Microsoft had its way, we'd all have to deal with always online DRM shit up the wazoo for fucking PHYSICAL games. A one console future means dickery up the wazoo.

the real dream is an open platform like PC being the platform that gets the most attention and all the releases.

The dream of everybody on Gaming Side is to have one platform where they can play all the games, including Nintendo's games so they don't have to buy a whole separate box just for them. That either means Nintendo making a console that's basically a PlayStation and has third party support, or Nintendo going third party. Either way that's the end dream everybody wants.
18j0wgghkmbh7jpg.jpg

If only..If only.

andthebeatgoeson

Such a great skit.

I would love it. One box and one computer. But either way, I don't want the other guys to go away. I just don't care for some things.

----
Oh yeah, I don't buy any bullshit about the NFL will sue anybody for moving to LA. They just don't want any more heat so they make a single owner or three seem greedy. America proves time and again that people give up on holding billionaires accountable unless they do something heinous.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Now with the Google Gangs app for iOS and Android devices, establishing a perimeter for your creed of choice is as easy as busting out a headlight! With several essential real-time features designed for consumer accessibility, gang leaders can keep tabs on their crew 24/7, schedule jobs via Skype integration and even bookmark uncontested space! Did your newest member just buy eggs from a farmer's market with a big enough warehouse to convert into a coke lab? Well, it looks like nobody needs to get tortured into giving up their place today! By syncing your Google account with Google Gangs, you can also generate Venn Territories where neighboring creeds overlap to form neutral zones or hotly-contested space in the streets, just in case you've got homies who reside in different colors on the side!

Google Gangs: Reign fit for kingpins, with accessibility fit for kings!

San Andreas was ahead of its time!

Slayven

Dude looks like a full on slave master. SMH. Is that season good?
I haven't watched anything since RPM (which was awesome).

His zord even sits in a throne created from the other zords. Yeah the power ranger season and the sentai are looking damn good at the moment. First black pink ranger ever too.

Hey Slayven, could you counter Cap's shield by cooling it enough to turn it into a Bose-Einstein condensate and basically make it unable to absorb / dampen any more energy? I can't see a Human Torch "overload it with energy" method working.

Potentially.

1) That should count as molecular tampering, but
2) That would last for no time as literally anything around it warms it up, at which point it should theoretically return to its normal state. Bobby Drake could maybe do it (I think he can cool shit to absolute zero, lol) but the most important thing to remember is
3) Cap's shield does not follow the laws of physics. It both absorbs and reflects energy dependent upon what the writer wants.

Finally, a Human Torch w/ augmented power has reached Planck temperature (yes, comics), so I wouldn't count him out.

Potentially.

1) That should count as molecular tampering, but
2) That would last for no time as literally anything around it warms it up, at which point it should theoretically return to its normal state. Bobby Drake could maybe do it (I think he can cool shit to absolute zero, lol) but the most important thing to remember is
3) Cap's shield does not follow the laws of physics. It both absorbs and reflects energy dependent upon what the writer wants.

Finally, a Human Torch w/ augmented power has reached Planck temperature (yes, comics), so I wouldn't count him out.
And people say dc heroes are OP?

Slayven

Hey Slayven, could you counter Cap's shield by cooling it enough to turn it into a Bose-Einstein condensate and basically make it unable to absorb / dampen any more energy? I can't see a Human Torch "overload it with energy" method working.

I don't think so, it been subjected to some very funky shit. The only times it been damaged were by a guy who had complete control over molecules, and high level magical beings. The shield is so balanced that being one molecule off caused it to shatter, almost set off a chain reaction that would have blown up the earth.

DominoKid

G7aB2va.gif

damn my nigga. that's harsh that they ditched you over 3k. that's like $1.50 an hour ma.

Fuck!! I hate the Coli man!!!. Got me laughing my fuckin head off.... Shit!! Lmao!!

no one thread should make me laugh this hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom