• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I guess I say all of this to say that there seems to be a huge lack of professional desire among black youth (specifically male) I actually don't even know too many professional black women, but that could just be because of where I work, and what I study. Most of them live at home (which isn't bad) but live at home and are not working, also still don't know what they want to study or do professionally. They don't do drugs or anything or have any trouble with the law, they just aren't motivated.
It just sounds like you know some pretty unambitious people if they don't at least want to go look for a job. Surround yourself with people who are more motivated (and trust me there are tons of black kids in the hood trying to make their way out)

Slayven

sn_giantfish_576x324.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So I guess some woman got beat up over a cheeseburger

link - http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/27/suspects-sought-beating-burger/24106773/

I saw that. In ATL they beat her up for two hours for accidentally sitting on someone's burger. A man filmed it all the while holding a 3-year old. I feel bad for her, that ain't right and how dumb are you for filming it and then uploading it to world star for the hits?

Hopefully they catch the women that did it, the guy that filmed it and take the kid out of the environment. But now to the victim, what kind of friends are those? That is who you choose to hang around? Hell, she thought of them as her best friends.

I hooked up with a girl who had some "questionable" friends. I dropped that quickly. Nothing good can come out of hanging with people who have zero self-control and no morals. Hell, I have family that know they aren't welcome in my home because of their lifestyle and the trouble that seems to follow them continuously.

Slayven

Man i loved this trash ass show when i was a kid. I watched a lot of those crap tv shows cause the women were fine.
dQul4tS.jpg

link - http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/27/suspects-sought-beating-burger/24106773/

I saw that. In ATL they beat her up for two hours for accidentally sitting on someone's burger. A man filmed it all the while holding a 3-year old. I feel bad for her, that ain't right and how dumb are you for filming it and then uploading it to world star for the hits?

Hopefully they catch the women that did it, the guy that filmed it and take the kid out of the environment. But now to the victim, what kind of friends are those? That is who you choose to hang around? Hell, she thought of them as her best friends.

I hooked up with a girl who had some "questionable" friends. I dropped that quickly. Nothing good can come out of hanging with people who have zero self-control and no morals. Hell, I have family that know they aren't welcome in my home because of their lifestyle and the trouble that seems to follow them continuously.
How can you go from zero to 1393493291 so quick?

RBK

Banned
Do people really think others are unemployed by choice? Sure you can find the exception in every argument, but if no one is hiring you, no one's hiring. Doesn't matter how many job applications or resumes I send out, if I don't even get a call to inquiry about my interest to work, how can I put the blame on them?

Booshka

Brehs, the raid. Brehs my gawd.
Raid 1 and 2 are some of the best action movies ever. Especially in the ultra-violence section, I still lean toward Jackie Chan's greatest because of the Action/Comedy angle. The Raid 2 reminds me so much of GTA3 with the silent protagonist doing all kinds of crazy shit for these insane criminal kingpins. Go watch it.
I'd heard the same and I've always wondered at what point in time did the crazies become more dominant than the scholars and innovators
Manhattan Project is my quick guess
I Saw The Devil might still be on Netflix. Also check out The Man From No Where
I liked The Man From No Where more personally.

wtf

RedSwirl

Do people really think others are unemployed by choice? Sure you can find the exception in every argument, but if no one is hiring you, no one's hiring. Doesn't matter how many job applications or resumes I send out, if I don't even get a call to inquiry about my interest to work, how can I put the blame on them?

Gonna have to go with this for a lot of people's situations.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Shhh let them keep thinking you don't want a job or aren't trying hard enough.

Seriously, the job market is fucking hard. The company I used to work for is pretty universally reviled by its staff and yet people who already left (some multiple times) were jumping at the chance to go back because they couldn't find anything else. And somehow this fable of "unemployed people are lazy" keeps gaining traction.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think in the 7 months I've been unemployed I've gotten maybe two positive replies. Unfortunately, they weren't worth the commute in regards to the amount of pay the offered.

I just graduated back in December and have been putting in a ton of applications and nothing. I've got frustrated the past few days and have stopped, but about to apply for one right now as soon as I finish editing this script, but it feels like I'm back at square one. Still living at home with my momma with no car or job. It feels like going to school was a waste of time and I always sort of felt like college is sort of a scam, but when I asked game development studios about education they told me that I should get a degree so I did. I felt like I was just a bandwagoner following the hype.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
No...no.. No no no......nooooooooooooooo.gif

I just graduated back in December and have been putting in a ton of applications and nothing. I've got frustrated the past few days and have stopped, but about to apply for one right now as soon as I finish editing this script, but it feels like I'm back at square one. Still living at home with my momma with no car or job. It feels like going to school was a waste of time and I always sort of felt like college is sort of a scam, but when I asked game development studios about education they told me that I should get a degree so I did. I felt like I was just a bandwagoner following the hype.
At least you're not out here on your own with rent, car, credit card, etc. bills. I'm straight up hussling out here. Like I got money but it won't last. I absolutely need something stable. I'm also in a relationship and that shit isn't cheap at all.

RBK

Banned

That's the scary part. Older sister is in a pretty similar situation with a BSN in nursing(which is supposed to be damn near impossible to not find work). Lost her apartment and the 2 cars she owned after a short stint of home nursing, pretty much rock bottom and in a much worse situation when she was living at home.

Not on big on college myself, just attended to please my parents wishes and avoid constant conversations about what you're doing with your life. Doesn't help being unemployed as well, but I'll stand by my beliefs college isn't a necessity to get ahead in life. Not going to knock those doing so either.

That's the scary part. Older sister is in a pretty similar situation with a BSN in nursing(which is supposed to be damn near impossible to not find work). Lost her apartment and the 2 cars she owned after a short stint of home nursing, pretty much rock bottom and in a much worse situation when she was living at home.

Not on big on college myself, just attended to please my parents wishes and avoid constant conversations about what you're doing with your life. Doesn't help being unemployed as well, but I'll stand by my beliefs college isn't a necessity to get ahead in life. Not going to knock those doing so either.

I think in the 7 months I've been unemployed I've gotten maybe two positive replies. Unfortunately, they weren't worth the commute in regards to the amount of pay the offered.

Damn, y'all ain't making me feel any better. Lord I hope I can get out of here in seven months. I never see anyone other than my mother and brother. My brother doesn't talk to me anymore and my mother just yells at me. My friends who also graduated are in the same situation, but they've been turned down for shitty jobs because they're overqualified now. I just found out a classmate who graduated semesters prior who won all kinds of awards and shit still doesn't have work either. This is not encouraging. I felt like I should've kissed up to that guest my teacher brought in one day who was friends with Brad Pitt.

My older brother was more fortunate when he graduated several years ago with a Electrical Engineering degree. He immediately got a job working for the US Patent office, then got a job at an electric power company, got promoted there, is about to get his Master's, and will get another promotion after that. I'm trying to outdo him. I really want to have boo koo money like my cousin who's living in a house similar to Shaquille O'Neal's.

Africanus

I'd heard the same and I've always wondered at what point in time did the crazies become more dominant than the scholars and innovators

Some would point a finger at Wahhabism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

Which I feel plays a large part in it.
However, as the Islamic empire(s) contracted after centuries of expansion, people needed to rationalize why their God was not assisting them in battle, why their God was allowing this to happen. At this point, in much of the Islamic world, conservatism began to rise, with this exchange of information in the scholarly Islamic world being seen as less important to the more religious aspect. Which is sad because Islam was literally built upon trade and learning, as well as its ability to adapt.

Kreed

I watched them all after the Herc/Xena combo went off the air. Toss in:

latest

I had the BEST childhood

Those were the best ones, particularly Xena. Hercules retroactively became bad thanks to Kevin Sorbo coming out as a racist.

Surprised no one has brought up Mutant X yet.

Malyse

Got damn DreamyDrop

Ying Yang Man and The Wizard was my favs on the show.

No...no.. No no no......nooooooooooooooo.gif

Dreamy noooooo

The fuck was you expecting?

Not part of a fandom though... Lol.

this...hahhah

Exactly correct. Have you not noticed the depth I put into my OT?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913633
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917101

But that doesn't really fit the box you're trying to cram me into, so feel free to ignore it.

Shy

I watched them all after the Herc/Xena combo went off the air. Toss in:

latest

I had the BEST childhood
lol, used to watch MK at 2, 3 in the morning on channel four back when 4later was a thing. good times.

EDIT: did any of you fine boys and girls get DB xenoverse, i was wondering if it's any good. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom