• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Apparently Nelly Furtado reached Ashanti levels of thickness a few years ago

qN3D1US.gif

Africanus

It gets on my nerves on how the news focus on dumb shit like that. In what way does that help people to become self-governing?

It's not as if the news were going to focus on meaningful things in the first place.
I prefer trivial talk such as this dress to outright destructive commentary regarding those of the middle-east, or referring to an artist music using a racial slur, or focusing on a politician with solid ice in his hand to make an ignorant point.

I wish the media encouraged participation in politics as in days of old, but those days are long past.

It's not as if the news were going to focus on meaningful things in the first place.
I prefer trivial talk such as this dress to outright destructive commentary regarding those of the middle-east, or referring to an artist music using a racial slur, or focusing on a politician with solid ice in his hand to make an ignorant point.

I wish the media encouraged participation in politics as in days of old, but those days are long past.

But the Middle-East is an important topic.

Africanus

But the Middle-East is an important topic.

I agree with you on that, the Middle East as a region is an important topic.
What I do not agree on is how I at times see the topic of the Middle East approached; which usually includes nonsense about the invasion of Islam into American society, why frisking on "suspicious" looking people at the airport is justified, and how Obama is at the center of all of it.

harSon

Banned
Is anyone else not able to see Coli smiles (on this forum) anymore? All I see are boxes, or at least I'm assuming they're supposed to be coli smilies

Is anyone else not able to see Coli smiles (on this forum) anymore? All I see are boxes, or at least I'm assuming they're supposed to be coli smilies

nah i think they're phone emojis. i've tried posting them when i'm browsing mobile and i always get that symbol too

zeemumu

What's your opinion on those people who boomerang really hard in the other direction? I know someone who is really passionate about the protests against the way that cops treat minorities, which is good that she's passionate, but she makes a lot of "lol white people comments" that aren't referring to white people who think they're being discriminated against, but just white people in general. And they're not satirical or funny. They just seem mean spirited. To me, that doesn't really scream equality so much as an endless boomerang back and forth. What do you guys think?

Vince... VIIIINNNCCEEE

what is going on in Wrestle-GAF, I would ask my damn self but I'm afraid I'll get attacked by the army of Taylor Swift avatars in there.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is bullshit, who the fuck ate up all the ranch in this house? I have neither ranch or blue cheese and the strips are in the oven. FML 😔😔😔😩😩😩😩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom