• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

You know damn well I'm talking about Silk

I know why y'all are hating.

1978222-tara_moon_43512.jpg

Superboy dated Tana Moon

fnf12.png

2044049-spider_boy.jpg

Ben Reily once fought Superboy and later fused with him

53710b14a320b.png

Ben reily is a clone of Peter Parker aka Spiderman

cin.png

Peter parker now dates Silk aka Cindy Moon

Peter Parker is Spiderman and Marvel recently got the movie rights for him, and they are destorying the Marvel Universe to stick it to Fox.

So either y'all hate comicbook Asians or you are Fox marks trying to shame the MCU. Either way haters going to hate.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Was thinking about making a thread on this, but what's up with this trend of having a creative director and a game director be seperate in games nowadays?

Slayven

Was thinking about making a thread on this, but what's up with this trend of having a creative director and a game director be seperate in games nowadays?

I am talking out my ass here, but I assume because a lot of creative types have to be told what is and isn't possible.

FyreWulff

usually from what i see, creative director is more like the franchise overseer/lore coordinator, where the game director has the overall vision for the actual game/gameplay

RBK

Banned
Haven't finished GTA V, but Franklin doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical black male.

At least not as much as Lamar.

andthebeatgoeson

I was going to make a thread, but I decided I'd ask here. I'm a young black male currently working full time (by units alone) and going to school full time as a CS major. My job at times allows me to work on my course load on the job....

I'm about 24, and I've noticed that while I've never had many black friends to begin with, it seems as if I'm growing more distant from my friends in past years, the main reason is while I work many of them do not. It puts a huge strain on the relationship when I end up going out of pocket when it comes to doing things and hanging out....

Even with some members in my family who are the same age as me seem to have a in and out of job lifestyle... My current job is my second job and I've been here for about 4 years... Having a record of being in and out of jobs, or holding jobs less than 6 months looks suspect and it seems could be causing them (friends and family) not to get jobs.

Anyway, I guess I say all of this to say that there seems to be a huge lack of professional desire among black youth (specifically male) I actually don't even know too many professional black women, but that could just be because of where I work, and what I study. Most of them live at home (which isn't bad) but live at home and are not working, also still don't know what they want to study or do professionally. They don't do drugs or anything or have any trouble with the law, they just aren't motivated.
Don't sweat it. Many people grow distant, all the time. You change, others change and sometimes, people stay the same. A ton of people put value on changing and not changing but it's bull shit. Life happens and you reacted.

It's not about what skin they have, it's more about how they value you and you valuing them. When I was in school with few black people, I hung out with Indians and a Greek guy. Not because I wanted to but they were more sympathetic to me.

If you really want to laugh, try and get your Indian friend drunk in DC so he starts yelling down the street 'I hate white people'. I could have sworn he was a militant Malcolm x brother at that point.

But, sometimes, you can't depend on a certain friendship based on how they look or where they grew up (close to you). Just go out there and be your own last of the mohicans and let the bs go.

And smash a few ladies whose family use different spices. It's only then you realize every body is the same.

I was going to make a thread, but I decided I'd ask here. I'm a young black male currently working full time (by units alone) and going to school full time as a CS major. My job at times allows me to work on my course load on the job....

I'm about 24, and I've noticed that while I've never had many black friends to begin with, it seems as if I'm growing more distant from my friends in past years, the main reason is while I work many of them do not. It puts a huge strain on the relationship when I end up going out of pocket when it comes to doing things and hanging out....

Even with some members in my family who are the same age as me seem to have a in and out of job lifestyle... My current job is my second job and I've been here for about 4 years... Having a record of being in and out of jobs, or holding jobs less than 6 months looks suspect and it seems could be causing them (friends and family) not to get jobs.

Anyway, I guess I say all of this to say that there seems to be a huge lack of professional desire among black youth (specifically male) I actually don't even know too many professional black women, but that could just be because of where I work, and what I study. Most of them live at home (which isn't bad) but live at home and are not working, also still don't know what they want to study or do professionally. They don't do drugs or anything or have any trouble with the law, they just aren't motivated.

There is, but you can help add to the currently small numbers. Honestly, I made myself seek out areas where there were more professional black youths (and other minorities), even in high school. Mostly because of bad experiences in catholic school.

And my life got much better when I found them. My circle of friends are mostly professionals. I just can't consistently hang out with people who aren't doing anything. I just annoy them when I keep talking about my job, plans, etc. And I'm constantly busy.

Black IT professionals and computer scientists are around, but it definitely matters where you are. What circles you're in. Look for some organizations to network with. I know of a Information Technology organization or two that's all around the US.

Sometimes I think gaf is progressive but then I see threads like that and then realize that gaf is only pervasive when it comes to certain subjects.

from that same thread

So it's nice to see GAF is completely okay with denying people their right to justice just because of their religion. "First they came for the Muslims and I said nothing...".

No but when it has to do with white gays and white woman then we can't pull any stops.

finally someone said it

Slayven

Franklin's problem was being the only sane person in an insane world. Dude wants his life to mean something and get out the trap, of course he will look boring compared to a tweakers and a delusional asshole.

jmood88

I just can't get over dude saying that he likes Franklin the least because he curses too much. Just admit that you don't like him cause he's black and move on.

RBK

Banned
I just can't get over dude saying that he likes Franklin the least because he curses too much. Just admit that you don't like him cause he's black and move on.
Pretty much. Michael seems like your cookie-cutter GTA character who's only interesting because of his relationship with Trevor, who I like the most.
Amazing, right?

AW comes pretty close, but that genuinely looks like a photo. Possibly next gen?

Gorillaz

Franklin's problem was being the only sane person in an insane world. Dude wants his life to mean something and get out the trap, of course he will look boring compared to a tweakers and a delusional asshole.
I would mainly say its the first sentence that really is his problem. Rock star doesn't have a problem with handling from trap to "success" they just spent so much of the story making the whole Trevor and michael thing important that near the end it felt like they forgot that Franklin was meant to be the players "stand in" to the story and rhey had to quickly do something like the whole lamar mission.

Slayven

I would mainly say its the first sentence that really is his problem. Rock star doesn't have a problem with handling from trap to "success" they just spent so much of the story making the whole Trevor and michael thing important that near the end it felt like they forgot that Franklin was meant to be the players "stand in" to the story and rhey had to quickly do something like the whole lamar mission.

hated that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom