• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Az91EpI.jpg
Mjlaugh
I don't usually drink beer. I'm a vodka/rum/gin kinda boy...

But, when I do, I really get into the Magic Hat beers I've had.
Is there any gin that's good? I haven't found it but haven't looked. Since I've found a great tequila, I have new hope.
---
And BTW, fuck you niggas, it's 30 minutes before closing, I don't want your money. I'm going home.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Those type of people are real life trolls.
Back when I was bouncing, the only people getting in the club with 20 minutes to go were the strippers coming off-shift at Brandi's. Believe that.
BPcCC6r.png

In other news, great moments in Facebook ether - some guy salty over American Sniper getting smacked down hard at the Oscars, and the perfect response:

UmrFsK3.png

Happy Black History Month!

ReiGun

Back when I was bouncing, the only people getting in the club with 20 minutes to go were the strippers coming off-shift at Brandi's. Believe that.
BPcCC6r.png

In other news, great moments in Facebook ether - some guy salty over American Sniper getting smacked down hard at the Oscars, and the perfect response:

UmrFsK3.png

Perfection.

jmood88

I'm tempted to start a thread asking why so many white men (including those who pretend to be black on message boards) have to have characters in entertainment who look like them or they can't relate but I already know how it's gonna go.

ReiGun

I'm tempted to start a thread asking why so many white men (including those who pretend to be black on message boards) have to have characters in entertainment who look like them or they can't relate but I already know how it's gonna go.

I can't remember if it was in an OT or gaming, but I'm sure we had a thread like this once.

DominoKid

nah. simpsons did it.

RBK

Banned
Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 1st and 2nd in Games of the Generations list?

Am I missing something?

Booshka

I'm trying to dive into the controversy that late 99' PC games didnt get considered for this generation but Dreamcast launch games did.

Quake 3: Arena is objectively the best piece of video game software to be released that gen, and it's upsetting to not see it there.

I was expecting Gamecube and MGS games to do well, but kinda bummed that Halo CE, Morrowind and Ninja Gaiden Black didnt score higher. Seeing FFX in the top 10 makes me want to groan.

RBK

Banned
Can't give a honest opinion. Haven't played Prime nor beat RE4 yet. Game doesn't seem too different from RE5(which I have beat).

At least Snake Eater got 3rd, but I was expecting a completely different outcome.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can't give a honest opinion. Haven't played Prime nor beat RE4 yet. Game doesn't seem too different from RE5(which I have beat).

At least Snake Eater got 3rd, but I was expecting a completely different outcome.
I've played both multiple times. I've also played snake eater multiple times. That list is pretty accurate par for the course for a majority opinion standpoint. I'm sorry you can't get into RE4 btw, it's an amazing achievement in game design especially given the hardware it was made for.

RBK

Banned
It's not that I couldn't get into it, I got stuck.

Rescued Ashley and was basically running around in circles afterwards.

RBK

Banned
Lost the original save file since I sold my 360, so never bothered much since. Have to wait until my brother is back in town from college. Have a pretty big 360 backlog to go through.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lost the original save file since I sold my 360, so never bothered much since. Have to wait until my brother is back in town from college. Have a pretty big 360 backlog to go through.
Man you literally were at the beginning of the game and you're confused about that lists legitimacy. RE4 does things touve never seen son! Not even exaggerating.

RBK

Banned
Man you literally were at the beginning of the game and you're confused about that lists legitimacy. RE4 does things touve never seen son! Not even exaggerating.

I'll try to make a case to play it first chance I get. My gaming habits are just terrible, don't really bother playing much outside of MP games.

G-Fex

man RE4 is whatever to me.

Metroid Prime is correct.

MGS2 is something I'd put over MGS3.

But I have to replay through both to make a final decision.

Shy

Lotta good shit happened in MGS2, great bosses, story, freaking Solidus.

Don't hate.
i don't, i love MGS2, i think it's the best MGS from a thematic perspective, but 3 is better gameplay wise.

and solidus is my favorite character just behind the boss.

andthebeatgoeson

UmrFsK3.png

'What's that nigger doing in the white house?'

'Have you made miniature slaves and let the run around that electronic box with a ball? Good sport!'

"eh, i can't get into anything with Thanos in it, dude's too much of a simp"

Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 1st and 2nd in Games of the Generations list?

Am I missing something?

a heart

metroid prime series is the truth

'What's that nigger doing in the white house?'

'Have you made miniature slaves and let the run around that electronic box with a ball? Good sport!'

Mary Shelley's Frankenhole on [adult swim] actually had a pretty good joke around this. It was a papercraft animation series where Dr. Frankenstein made a bunch of time-travel portals (frankenholes) in addition to other scientific advantages and as a result a bunch of historic figures would come to him asking for stuff. Thomas Jefferson came to him asking for some equipment better suited to bedding his slaves (his reasoning was that "they didn't want to do anything with him because of his white dick"), so Frankenstein ends up looking through a list of famous black historic figures in the future. They start looking for a full-blooded African figure, and their decision? "Barack Obama? That's the name of a purely African fellow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom