• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

Opiate
Only Dates Mensa Card Carriers
(Today, 06:19 PM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

is there such thing as term of bigotry for only stupid folk?

I'm not sure. I also generally dislike mean and selfish people, and fall way down towards the "sane" side of the classic crazy/hot spectrum.

I'm bigoted against stupid jerks!

She following up on Rui Hachimura shit.

59ed0503ede5.jpg

Brother is tearing up Japanese basketball like Kuroko no Basket is a real thing.

Wow. Takenori Akagi is real.

Jacir

We get it opiate, you only bang mensa members.

I think the (book) smartest girl I ever been with was a lawyer, and I convinced her to sleep with me so that doesn't speak too graciously about her argumentative capabilities.

I'm hoping there were chaos emeralds in that bedroom and she licked you clean for justice.

I feel bad for Slay. Dude lives in Swampland Georgia, has that thick southern drawl and sounds black as midnight...everything Asian women are afraid of. :3

I know that would love him because of his blackness. Hell she went to TSU (one of the blackest of colleges here) on purpose and basically claimed her roommates/friends black kid as her own

DominoKid

any of yall ever rock the sponge twists? if you let your hair grow out its a great look to throw in the mix a few days of the week. you can make your own sponge brush or cop one from the store for like 8 bucks.

Numb

She following up on Rui Hachimura shit.

59ed0503ede5.jpg

Brother is tearing up Japanese basketball like Kuroko no Basket is a real thing.

Never change, Slay.
Guy looks like one of those tech demos showing what game company engines are capable of, like Frostbite or Fox engine standing next to the other guy mostly

I miss Kenyan tea.
They even had a song about it.

Nchi ya kitu kidogo
Ni nchi ya watu wadogo
Ukitaka chai ewe ndugu
Nenda Limuru.

They like their tea alot.

Sometimes I can't shake the feeling that white people like us, being around us for some...reason. I guess the "cool" factor or whatever it is they think we have. But they don't want anything to actually do with us, or grapple with issues we might have. It's always either pity or fear. I say this knowing that it's painting with broad strokes, but the other night some police officer followed me home when I was walking, pulled over and shone his search light on me. I stopped and turned around in disbelief and he got out of the car, squinted at me, got back in and just sat there. So I cut across the field towards my house and this guy drove off, only to come around the other side of the field and keep following me. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I honestly called my friend and told him to listen just in case anything stupid happened.

It's dumb. I have never had a positive interaction with a police officer, and quite frankly, I'm intimidated by them. Yet I can't help but think that these are the same people that will talk nicely to me, and then say wtf shit behind my back. I used to shut myself out socially because I didn't feel like I belonged because of that shit. And the problem that occurs, is that when you try to explain this to your white peers, they just have the hardest time understanding it.

How do you guys deal with such thoughts and doubts? Do you just give people a chance to show their true colours? Or do you just become jaded and cynical at times.

Edit Fuck, my problem is that it sort of hit me recently that when I was a kid, we had these silly "Stop racism" stickers in elementary school. Now I'm an adult and it's hitting me in the face that I'm going to have to deal with this shit for the rest of my life. It's too taxing emotionally and physically! How do you guys cope?

Numb

Sometimes I can't shake the feeling that white people like us, being around us for some...reason. I guess the "cool" factor or whatever it is they think we have. But they don't want anything to actually do with us, or grapple with issues we might have. It's always either pity or fear. I say this knowing that it's painting with broad strokes, but the other night some police officer followed me home when I was walking, pulled over and shone his search light on me. I stopped and turned around in disbelief and he got out of the car, squinted at me, got back in and just sat there. So I cut across the field towards my house and this guy drove off, only to come around the other side of the field and keep following me. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I honestly called my friend and told him to listen just in case anything stupid happened.

It's dumb. I have never had a positive interaction with a police officer, and quite frankly, I'm intimidated by them. Yet I can't help but think that these are the same people that will talk nicely to me, and then say wtf shit behind my back. I used to shut myself out socially because I didn't feel like I belonged because of that shit. And the problem that occurs, is that when you try to explain this to your white peers, they just have the hardest time understanding it.

How do you guys deal with such thoughts and doubts? Do you just give people a chance to show their true colours? Or do you just become jaded and cynical at times.

Edit Fuck, my problem is that it sort of hit me recently that when I was a kid, we had these silly "Stop racism" stickers in elementary school. Now I'm an adult and it's hitting me in the face that I'm going to have to deal with this shit for the rest of my life. It's too taxing emotionally and physically! How do you guys cope?

Since moving to Sweden i met white people for the first time in my life.
The issue here is that everyone is waaay to nice and reserved. Family members wont even talk to each other when they take the bus and only do so alone or with people they know. It is not a matter of giving them a chance but of a matter of you initiating the chance to begin with. I made my first white friend after 4yrs of being here.

If there is anything that scares me with traffic is that some dumb shit will run me over while i try to cross the street.

weepy

I'm a hellava lurker but I've decided to pull the trigger and post, so here we go...

Where you're from - Cali
Where you live - So-Cal
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black but as for the rest, damned if I know...
Do you know your roots - Nah
Favorite musical genre - All kinds
Your profession/major/career interest - Majored in Journalism (currently career searching)
Your religious affiliation - Spiritual (formally Christian with a Southern Baptist background)
Hobbies - Gaming, writing, drawing, etc..
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's easily (never heard of Bojangles before...)

Shy

evening fam. hope everbody has a fuckry-free weekend.

I'm a hellava lurker but I've decided to pull the trigger and post, so here we go...

Where you're from - Cali
Where you live - So-Cal
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black but as for the rest, damned if I know...
Your profession/major/career interest - Majored in Journalism (currently career searching)
Your religious affiliation - Spiritual (formally Christian with a Southern Baptist background)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's easily (never heard of Bojangles before...)
welcome welcome.

Numb

Where you're from - Cali
Where you live - So-Cal
What is your age? - 29
Welcome.
You like Tekken? nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom