• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
any of yall ever rock the sponge twists? if you let your hair grow out its a great look to throw in the mix a few days of the week. you can make your own sponge brush or cop one from the store for like 8 bucks.

I got a nudred for this but my hair type doesn't like to stay twisted.

cdyhybrid

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1010596

DULYYGu.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I mean their currency is the philippine peso and they've had like 200 years of Spanish occupation and they do use Spanish last names.

We're a mix of a whole bunch of stuff. Malay, Chinese, Spanish...my wife's also Filipino but she's pretty pale while I'm well on the brown side of the spectrum. So naturally one of our kids ended up lighter skinned and the other darker.

I mean their currency is the philippine peso and they've had like 200 years of Spanish occupation and they do use Spanish last names.

We're a mix of a whole bunch of stuff. Malay, Chinese, Spanish...my wife's also Filipino but she's pretty pale while I'm well on the brown side of the spectrum. So naturally one of our kids ended up lighter skinned and the other darker.

Yeah, I know they're are a huge mix of things. Maybe it's because a good Filipino friend of mine considers himself Asian I have a skewed perspective

is he trying to drop the
ZiJAwud.gif

on rude? good luck brah, the claws finna come out.

i don't like beyonce's music much aside from a few tracks but she's fine as hell.....

..rihanna's better though.

RedSwirl

Finally read that "Letter From Black America" (who does the author really think is gonna read that?), and I know people in BCT have had scary encounters with the police. The reason this feels oddly freightning to me is because, put in a situation, one of my first reactions would probably still be to call 911. That's what I've been taught to do (while also watching for police ironically). Since I've basically never had encounters with the police I haven't learned differently either. My dad has had a couple speeding tickets and I think a cousin had a SWAT team burst into his apartment but none of that has impacted me personally. You think the military has upbringing makes any difference here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom